Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

2 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Lol, sometimes if I accidentally quote people it wont let me unquote them. I can delete the text inside the other person's post, but I can't actually delete the little box. This happens every once in a while without rhyme or reason. 

I have to post in order to get the box finally off by back before I can post again. Anybody else experiencing this?

i have had that too, one thread i kept trying to respond and when i hit reply i had a whole unsent post sitting there. I think you can hit clear or some such and it erases.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

First time seeing them in any pictures this season. That means they've gotta be playing this weekend... 

But can we talk about French's hair?

I’m pretty sure they were in the holiday pictures (Thanksgiving?) at Ford’s House which were on social media.

Edit: but I don’t believe those holiday pictures came from the official SLU account.

9 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I’m pretty sure they were in the holiday pictures (Thanksgiving?) at Ford’s House which were on social media.

Edit: but I don’t believe those holiday pictures came from the official SLU account.

to win the Pulitzer we need to get this straight. i am 100% sure this is their first appearance from the official twitter. this is almost over boys

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I guess they are going to play Graves.  

I seriously don't want any of them to play. We could win every remaining game by 50, lose in the A-10 championship game by 1, and still get stiffed for the NCAA tourney.  Just not worth it if we can get an extra full year from any of them.  Especially Graves.

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I guess they are going to play Graves.  

It’s an interesting situation innit? Graves is, by NCAA rules, allowed to travel now. If  Graves would be allowed to travel at this point. If he’s allowed to play then he’s only missed like 2-3 games I don’t see a reason not to play him 

1 minute ago, jimbofive said:

I seriously don't want any of them to play. We could win every remaining game by 50, lose in the A-10 championship game by 1, and still get stiffed for the NCAA tourney.  Just not worth it if we can get an extra full year from any of them.  Especially Graves.

Disagree. As this season has shown sh!t happens. Never know how things are going to shake out. Smoke em if got em 

5 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

There isn’t a single chance they are completely cleared of any wrongdoing and that’s the only way they get a waiver. They will at best get a time served penalty. 

39 minutes ago, jimbofive said:

Agree, after sitting down for that long why waste one full year of eligibility in a few games?

1 hour ago, jimbofive said:

Traveling with the team is the equivalent of playing a game in the eyes of the NCAA for non first year freshmen.  They just started Graves second year of eligibility by taking him on the trip.

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Traveling with the team is the equivalent of playing a game in the eyes of the NCAA for non first year freshmen.  They just started Graves second year of eligibility by taking him on the trip.

I did not realize that. Are you saying that a redshirt can't travel with the team? If so, is that a new rule? I remember traveling with a redshirt back when I was at SLU 15 or so years.

1 hour ago, jimbofive said:

After the crap I’ve seen the past 3 years let them play I wanna see an exciting team 

kcinstl likes this

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

30 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I did not realize that. Are you saying that a redshirt can't travel with the team? If so, is that a new rule? I remember traveling with a redshirt back when I was at SLU 15 or so years.

I've been doing a little reasearch on this tonight and redshirt players actually are allowed to travel. Source: https://healthfully.com/college-basketball-redshirting-rules-6716421.html

Redshirted athletes are allowed to travel, practice and even dress for competition for their team during their redshirt season, but the minute they step on the playing field, they lose their redshirt status and use a season of eligibility.

I think this might be the reason for the confusion. This rule applies to transfers:

Academic year in residence: Under the basic transfer regulations, you must spend an academic year in residence at the school to which you are transferring. If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver. To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence.

So it's not that they aren't allowed to travel, it's that they can't have their travel paid for until they've been there a year, functionally making transfers non-travel players. Graves didn't travel during the first semester because he hadn't completed one year in residence yet. Now he can travel with them. Henriquez has already completed an entire year at SLU, so he could travel all season long. The rule never applied to Bishop, because he never transferred. Keen eyes will notice that it's actually not a full team photo because Santos isn't there; this is his year in residence. This rule only applies to transfers and not freshmen taking a redshirt or medical redshirts.

In short, traveling on this trip has no impact on the status of Graves or Henriquez. We still don't know if they'll play this season, and they haven't jeopardized anything because of it.

2010andBeyond, Zink and GBL_Bills like this