Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It seems as though the entire roster has traveled for every road game in case a decision was made mid trip. I imagine this won’t change 

I think they travel so there is enough players for practice. 

1 minute ago, Billboy1 said:

If they can travel and practice it is absurd to leave them hanging-make a decision before 2018!

Agree, I don’t like the optics of it. The ultimate tease. The Davidson game is the closest the boys will play for me to get to from Atlanta, and if 1-3 rolls by and we’re still in the dark, I don’t think I can justify the trip. 

What a worthless front page article in the P-D today.  Absolutely told us nothing new but spent a lot of time and ink doing just that.  Terrific job of investigative reporting:angry:.  It could have been done by a U News student reporter.

10 minutes ago, bauman said:

What a worthless front page article in the P-D today.  Absolutely told us nothing new but spent a lot of time and ink doing just that.  Terrific job of investigative reporting:angry:.  It could have been done by a U News student reporter.

They also name dropped the three players who haven't played so everybody can now associate those names with being a rapist. Also more kratky quotes that make me want to puke. 

On 12/26/2017 at 1:31 PM, 3star_recruit said:

SLU hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.  Let them defend their actions in court.

You are a complete moron! Why does SLU not earn the benefit of the doubt when it comes to race? Because the investigation is taking too long? You should not be allowed to post here!

16 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

They also name dropped the three players who haven't played so everybody can now associate those names with being a rapist. Also more kratky quotes that make me want to puke. 

That has been my problem with this whole Title IX process. Anonymity has never been a priority.

19 minutes ago, RyGuyBilliken said:

You are a complete moron! Why does SLU not earn the benefit of the doubt when it comes to race? Because the investigation is taking too long? You should not be allowed to post here!

What makes you think you have the privilege of deciding who does or does not belong here?!

I've grown to believe Pestello is just trying to suck as much $$$ out of slu and ride off into the sunset. He's in his 70's? It's a total money grab situation at this point and he can't run a university the size of SLU. He can't raise money, the med school is in big trouble, law school is barely alive, crime runs rampant on campus and he has never presented a real plan to get athletics to where it needs to compete on a national level. Say what you want about Biondi he made decisions and was a leader, you might have disagreed with his tactics but he had a spine. I've said this before, but what makes people think Pestello is capable running a place like slu, because he was at Dayton for 25 years? He's an academic sociology professor who was getting run out of Lemoyne D2 college after spending millions on decorating his office???? This sounds bad but he dresses and acts like a homeless guy straight off of grand avenue when I see him at games. Name three things he's done in his tenure to make slu better? I don't think you can. He's a bigger problem that initially thought and this title ix deal is exposing him I believe. Feel for the women and players involved. Pestello talks about transparency yet sticks his head in the sand because he obviously can't make a decision unless it is decorating an office. I'm so tired of this whole deal in general. We should demand more and expectations should be higher or changes need to happen, in athletic department and across university. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syracuse.com/articles/11535506/lemoyne_1.amp

Read this and it's not hard to wonder why SLU has spent millions on consultants and it's overall health and repuatation around the metro area. You never hear of a Wash U in the news for incompetence or on the other end of the spectrum a Maryville/Webster. History tends to repeat itself. Go get a younger, smarter person who has a real long term, innovative plan for the university, not a weird old man who dresses like a homeless Bill Cosby, has only worked in academics (zero business experience) and is more interested in giving away cookies and bringing fast food chains to campus. Priorities, wow.

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

SLU does not earn the benefit of the doubt because less than 10 years ago, they railroaded out two (really four) black men that were accused of something by a white girl with connections to John Cook. One of those guys came back through his own hard work and determination. Another was a troubled kid who finally found his way and became a NBA player without SLUs help. It looked terrible then and even worse now. 

It is kind of like how you, with 9 posts mostly supporting that limp dick president Pestello, have not earned the benefit of the doubt to come on here and tell @3star_recruit, a valuable poster who has contributed for many years that he shouldn't be allowed to post here. 

+1 let's stick up for 3 star ... and free the 3!

Wonder if SLU will have a wide range of discipline on this one, which could then reduce the likelihood of racial discrimination accusations?

Billiken Rich likes this

26 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.syracuse.com/articles/11535506/lemoyne_1.amp

Read this and it's not hard to wonder why SLU has spent millions on consultants and it's overall health and repuatation around the metro area. You never hear of a Wash U in the news for incompetence or on the other end of the spectrum a Maryville/Webster. History tends to repeat itself. Go get a younger, smarter person who has a real long term, innovative plan for the university, not a weird old man who dresses like a homeless Bill Cosby, has only worked in academics (zero business experience) and is more interested in giving away cookies and bringing fast food chains to campus. Priorities, wow.

The fact that he wouldn’t comment seems to align with his tactics here. His leadership abilities are definitely questionable. 

There is a huge amount of false information being posted about President Pestello on this board and at some point I may respond to the BS.

But today I only want to say this:

This process is dictated by the federal government and has been for some time. Many don't like it but that is a fact.

The president of the university and many others including the AD have nothing whatever to do with the investigation, any delays or the decisions made.

When the allegations are made, the University legal department and the title IX coordinator take over in terms of the investigation and the process.

In this case, the university hired outside counsel to do a full investigation and present a report to the hearing officer. The President is completely out of the loop in terms of the investigation or the timing of anything done in the process. Any delays are directly attributable to the complexity of the matters involved and the time taken by the outside firm to do the preliminary and final report to the hearing officer.

To suggest that Fred Pestello has intentionally delayed or been in any way involved in this process, or intends to attempt to influence the process, is ridiculous and false.