Active Ex-Billiken Transfer List

Compton

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Bartley started for SIU in their 76 to 68 loss against Milik and ISU.  TYarbrough stared as well.  Line:

Bartley             21 mpg .... 2/6  FG ....2/6 3FG ....2/2 FT ..... 1 reb .... 2 ast ... 3 steals ... 2 TOs ... 4 fouls ...  8 points

Yarbrough       34 mpg .....3/10 FG ....1/3 3FG...4/6 FT ...... 9 reb .....5 ast .... 1 steal .... 9 TOs .... 3 fouls ... 11 points

Itr's only a box score but looksliek Bartley still shoots from deep, still shoots good free throws, but stil lfousl like a banshee.  Yarbrough is still jacking them up and I was impressed with the nine rebounds but then gagged at the nine turnovers.  That's a lot.  SIU is 16 and 10, Ill Statte is 14 and 11.  Both are 8 and 5 in the Valley.

Out at Pacific, Reynolds started, played 31 minutes, shot 5 for 13 with 1 of 2 from three..  Made both free throws, grabbed 3 rebounds, Had one each in assists and steals and 2 TOs with 3 fouls.   Second leading scorer at 13 behind one with 15.  Pacific is 12 and 14 this year with 7 and 6 in conference. 

I'd say average players on average teams.

I would say Milik is quite a bit better than "average" and the reality is our team is pretty average right now. Milik has a good shot at 1st team All-Conference, 4th in the conference in scoring, 7th in rebounding and 2nd in assists, which surprised me. That's an impressive line.

I'm not pining for these guys, but the said truth is this program has had plenty of players over the years worse than these three guys.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, SShoe said:

Milik was pretty darn talented.  Crews just had no clue on how to rein him in. 

judging by his recent arrest, i dont think ill state has either.   i am glad he isnt our problem anymore.  

ACE -- no real argument.  The list of terrible players is long and boring.  I found the article posted on page 4 of this thread  interesting wherein MY discusses clashes with the coach.  I happen to believe that was his biggest problem and remains so.  My opinion was sealed when I saw him and Jolly yukking it up on the bench at St. Joe's while we were getting hammered.  Just not a good teammate I recall.  Maybe a cancer.  Whatever. 

I think the only team MY will be "good" on is the one where he is the show and runs the show.  He seems to want to be LeBron.  I think he'll be lucky to spend time bouncing around Europe when his ISU days are over.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Bartley started for SIU in their 76 to 68 loss against Milik and ISU.  TYarbrough stared as well.  Line:

Bartley             21 mpg .... 2/6  FG ....2/6 3FG ....2/2 FT ..... 1 reb .... 2 ast ... 3 steals ... 2 TOs ... 4 fouls ...  8 points

Yarbrough       34 mpg .....3/10 FG ....1/3 3FG...4/6 FT ...... 9 reb .....5 ast .... 1 steal .... 9 TOs .... 3 fouls ... 11 points

Itr's only a box score but looksliek Bartley still shoots from deep, still shoots good free throws, but stil lfousl like a banshee.  Yarbrough is still jacking them up and I was impressed with the nine rebounds but then gagged at the nine turnovers.  That's a lot.  SIU is 16 and 10, Ill Statte is 14 and 11.  Both are 8 and 5 in the Valley.

Out at Pacific, Reynolds started, played 31 minutes, shot 5 for 13 with 1 of 2 from three..  Made both free throws, grabbed 3 rebounds, Had one each in assists and steals and 2 TOs with 3 fouls.   Second leading scorer at 13 behind one with 15.  Pacific is 12 and 14 this year with 7 and 6 in conference. 

I'd say average players on average teams.

All 3 still same style

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

judging by his recent arrest, i dont think ill state has either.   i am glad he isnt our problem anymore.  

You and JMM28 are probably right in this regard. I’m like ACE in that I’m not actually pining for him to still be on this team, but anytime you can add someone with that talent level, he’d probably help this year’s team. That said, I would’ve rather had henriequez. 

3 minutes ago, SShoe said:

You and JMM28 are probably right in this regard. I’m like ACE in that I’m not actually pining for him to still be on this team, but anytime you can add someone with that talent level, he’d probably help this year’s team. That said, I would’ve rather had henriequez. 

Right.  It would be nice to have them in light of Situation 2.0, but having watched MY, MB and MR play, it's clear that...

tenor.gif?itemid=5713741

SShoe likes this

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Milik in the news for all the same reasons again...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-illinois-state-milik-yarbrough-charged-20180509-story.html

Another arrest... pushing girls down stairs, stealing cell phones, suspended licenses...

milik gonna milik

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, JMM28 said:

Milik in the news for all the same reasons again...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-illinois-state-milik-yarbrough-charged-20180509-story.html

Another arrest... pushing girls down stairs, stealing cell phones, suspended licenses...

except it doesn't say he pushed her down the stairs. It says he pushed her in the back while she was walking down the stairs. It doesn't even say she fell down the stairs. Maybe stealing a cell phone was another incident I don't remember but he didn't steal one in this article. She was apparently trying to leave with his phone. Much ado about nothing. Had this article been about a current Billiken everyone here would be pointing out nothing actually seemed to happen

Buster likes this

• 1 month later...

Adonys Henriquez is moving up from the third tier to the top tier Dominican League.

https://newdayreview.com/2018/05/22/former-ucf-guard-adonys-henriquez-drafted-top-dominican-league/

I have been casually looking at Pre-Draft NBA workout lists, and I didn't spot AD's name on any list, but it would be easy to miss.  At 23, (24 in November) that window is likely closing fast for him.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Adonys Henriquez is moving up from the third tier to the top tier Dominican League.

https://newdayreview.com/2018/05/22/former-ucf-guard-adonys-henriquez-drafted-top-dominican-league/

I have been casually looking at Pre-Draft NBA workout lists, and I didn't spot AD's name on any list, but it would be easy to miss.  At 23, (24 in November) that window is likely closing fast for him.

***not trying to get into a discussion on the situation***

I feel terrible for Henriquez, the suspension/expulsion really did a lot of damage to his career. I remember last September reading preseason guides that had him as 1st team all conference.

• 2 years later...

The Jim Crews diaspora days are now officially behind us with the end of Zeke Moore (SIUE), Jermaine Bishop (Norfolk St.) and Matt Neufeld's (UC Davis) college careers.

As far as I can tell there are currently five active ex-Billikens:

• Madani Diarra (Eastern Illinois) - averaged 10 mins in EIU's first 3 games (which were against tough opponents - Wisconsin, Marquette and Dayton), and showed some hustle but not much production (1 for 4 with 1 board). He hasn't played in their last 3 games. Hoping everything's alright there. 
  • KC Hankton (Chattanooga) - hasn't played yet. Not sure why.
  • Carte'Are Gordon (Grambling) - waiting on an NCAA waiver to be able to play. Not clear if it's forthcoming. 
  • Mickey Pearson (TCU) - averaging 13 mins, 2 pts (4 for 14) and 2.6 rebs. 
  • Jalen Johnson (Miss. St.) - averaging 19 mins, 7 pts, 3 rebs. One of the Bulldogs' go-to bench options. Not surprisingly, the most impactful player on the list (so far). 

37 minutes ago, Compton said:

The Jim Crews diaspora days are now officially behind us with the end of Zeke Moore (SIUE), Jermaine Bishop (Norfolk St.) and Matt Neufeld's (UC Davis) college careers.

As far as I can tell there are currently five active ex-Billikens:

• Madani Diarra (Eastern Illinois) - averaged 10 mins in EIU's first 3 games (which were against tough opponents - Wisconsin, Marquette and Dayton), and showed some hustle but not much production (1 for 4 with 1 board). He hasn't played in their last 3 games. Hoping everything's alright there. 
  • KC Hankton (Chattanooga) - hasn't played yet. Not sure why.
  • Carte'Are Gordon (Grambling) - waiting on an NCAA waiver to be able to play. Not clear if it's forthcoming. 
  • Mickey Pearson (TCU) - averaging 13 mins, 2 pts (4 for 14) and 2.6 rebs. 
  • Jalen Johnson (Miss. St.) - averaging 19 mins, 7 pts, 3 rebs. One of the Bulldogs' go-to bench options. Not surprisingly, the most impactful player on the list (so far). 

I think I saw that Carte’Are made the first semester honor roll at Grambling. Hopefully a step in the right direction for him.

HoosierPal and Compton like this

18 minutes ago, NH said:

I think I saw that Carte’Are made the first semester honor roll at Grambling. Hopefully a step in the right direction for him.

Here's what he posted to his Twitter. I'm not sure if this necessarily means "honor roll." But definitely a step in the right direction as you said. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 5.19.31 PM.png

1 hour ago, NH said:

1 hour ago, almaman said:

ugot2bkiddingme?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-if real then good for him

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Good for him

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Here's what he posted to his Twitter. I'm not sure if this necessarily means "honor roll." But definitely a step in the right direction as you said. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 5.19.31 PM.png

I don't think it was ever his ability to do academic work that was in question; rather, it has been his emotional ability to cope and/or his decision-making — and possibly also his susceptibility to toxic advice from those who are "close" to him.

10 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't think it was ever his ability to do academic work that was in question; rather, it has been his emotional ability to cope and/or his decision-making — and possibly also his susceptibility to toxic advice from those who are "close" to him.

True. But he obviously didn’t try academically. I don’t think anybody thought he wasn’t smart enough to do the work, he just didn’t put any effort into it. But good for him. Hopefully he’s turned a corner.