Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems foolish to think that we are only considering 1 candidate, but good grief, Dooley and an ex-UMass guy as backup plans? Really?! There are probably a dozen or so guys I can think of that I'd take over those two.

5cf0a238880cf93e6eea80adb9ac07e3.jpg

Would Chaifetz even allow May to hire someone like Dooley? I mean he just helped spend $1.7 mil on a buyout.... How can Ford and Dooley be our only backup plans??

2 things I cannot understand: 1) why everyone assumes it is now down to just these three, and 2) why everyone is opposed to Dooley. The guy checks a lot of boxes and has a good pedigree.

His record overall and in conference has worsened every season at FGCU.

Right. Haven't you been reading along? If the program budget is $1.5-2million and they're going to pay the coach $2mm, where does the money for assistants come from?

That is not the entire program budget - that is the budget for the salary of the new coach. Yes I have been reading along perhaps you simply made an assumption that was not correct.

Of those 3, for me it's:

1) Drew

Sizeable gap

2) Ford

Larger Gap

3) Dooley

I would rank them that way as well. I would add to the Drew doubters, that there may be a family connection to St. Louis. Homer was born here and attended Wash U for graduate school, I wonder if there are any relatives still living here.....

I would rank them that way as well. I would add to the Drew doubters, that there may be a family connection to St. Louis. Homer was born here and attended Wash U for graduate school, I wonder if there are any relatives still living here.....

Grandmother

As we all read and / or post about candidates for the SLU job, I was amazed this afternoon to listen to the 101 FM show with Randy K in which Randy stated that he had only heard of 2 possible candidates for the SLU job, Dooley and Stallings. It appears that no one on the Fast Lane show reads the morning P-D which had the article on Drew. And clearly none of the hosts read Billikens.com!

Talk about uninformed sports talk radio hosts!

As we all read and / or post about candidates for the SLU job, I was amazed this afternoon to listen to the 101 FM show with Randy K in which Randy stated that he had only heard of 2 possible candidates for the SLU job, Dooley and Stallings. It appears that no one on the Fast Lane show reads the morning P-D which had the article on Drew. And clearly none of the hosts read Billikens.com!

Talk about uninformed sports talk radio hosts!

I can't listen to 101 anymore. It's just Bernie's tireless homerism and Randy Karraker bitching about Kroenke. 920 is the way to go for actual St. Louis sports discussion. Multiple shows talking about this SLU opening

Hey SignGuy can you make it easier for me to put a gif in a thread...

There is an image button in the editor (second row to the left of the <> ). Click that and you can put in an image

That valpo journalist is pretty certain drew isn't coming.

You gotta love him saying there no chance Drew goes to SLU then in the same borage of tweets saying who really knows what will happen and we really don't know what drives Bryce Drew.

Honestly I'd be higher on Dooley if he were still at Kansas. He's been underwhelming at both of his head coach stops and there are some FGCU people who are really disappointed that he hasn't done much better after their Sweet 16 run. Combine that with the reports that players didn't like his rigorous practice styles and I think you're looking at a 50 year old Jim Crews