Coaching Candidates

JMM28

BREAKING NEWS. Look who was on campus last night to negotiate his coaching contract.

1454954_979307312146802_7165270502967640

Who said SLU is not big time?

Look who was at the Alma Mater last night, clad in a Blue & White SLU scarf and holding a Billiken statue. Kareem knows a thing or two about scoring the basketball.

Free Kareem.

Sky Hook

As the late Chick Hearn said, "Slam dunk."

Kareem for SLU!

Since Kareem was not allowed by then NCAA rule to play as a freshman, can SLU petition for one more year of eligibility? We can even give Kareem Willie Reed's #33 jersey.

This should be immediately transferred to the holylandofhoops.com site.

SLU with Kareem to the Big East as a package deal ...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's stop the name calling and attacking. Everyone should be able to ask questions without being personally attacked.

Also, my understanding is that the administration and its boosters have the requisite financial and resource commitment to cover the head coach salary figures that are being suggested, as well as the assistants and other staff.

College basketball is now part of a greater strategic plan to raise the visibility and profile of the university.

SLU has as much money to spend as they want to. It is a question of whether money is the object for Drew or not. We can shovel up some big cash. Probably not "Southern Football University" level money, but quite a bit.

Whether Drew is getting better offers, or just wants to remain master and commander at Valpo, that is a real question.

was curious about Travis Ford, been quiet about him. So Googled him, and a Tulsa World report, popped up, (4 hours ago), said he is interested in SLU job

was curious about Travis Ford, been quiet about him. So Googled him, and a Tulsa World report, popped up, (4 hours ago), said he is interested in SLU job

Could do better than Ford. Like him better than Dooley.

Money from the boosters would be included in the budget. What does it say about yourself when you resort to name-calling to make yourself feel better and/or add weight to your argument?

It says a lot about me. Your inability to understand the basics of how the funding for college athletics works say a lot more about you, though.

If our budget is $1.5M and we end up with Joe Dooley, then our program is in a lot worse place than I could have imagined. I can't see them paying Dooley more than $500k/year so if we finished $1M under budget, Crews should never be allowed back in the arena

If our budget is $1.5M and we end up with Joe ###### Dooley, then our program is in a lot worse place than I could have imagined. I can't see them paying Dooley more than $500k/year so if we finished $1M under budget, Crews should never be allowed back in the arena

I think Stallings is plan B.