• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

This whole Schertz/Trilly thing feels a lot like when the gf goes on the girls’ trip to Miami where they’re gonna “relax on the beach and go to nice dinners” and then all their Instagram stories are of VIP bottle service in the club…  you trust her, but you’ll feel a hell of a lot better when she’s home.  

Maybe that one’s just me 😅

You alright?

Here is a pod cast that is worth a listen. This guy is the U of L announcer, sports caster for channel 12 in Lville and recruiting analyst. More importantly, he has his finger on the pulse of the AD, boosters and fan base of UL.  In this podcast he talks about the 3 candidates under consideration...Schertz, Kelsey  and Holloway.   He gives a 3rd party view  of pro's and con's on each coach.   At one point , he says he thinks Schertz would be a good fit for SLU...better than U of L.  Also interesting to hear his take  on the other 2 coaches.   

This is a must listen if you are interested in the SLU coach search (and if you're not why would you be on this thread) and you are concerned that UL is about swoop and grab our next coach. Of course,  nothing is done until it's done but remember this....nothing happens till ISU loses.....tick...tick...tick

https://www.12news.com/video/sports/locked-on/lo-kentucky/louisville-show/could-josh-schertz-pat-kelsey-or-shaheen-holloway-succeed-as-the-next-louisville-basketball-hc/535-60caf5ed-49b6-4881-a8e4-48df4114415e

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Stu putting out the plan B article seems so stupid. You’d think May would tell him to put a damn sock in it if Schertz is all but official. It seems like our local media is genuinely trying to sabotage this program. 

our local media has always been stock full with mi$$ouri journalism losers.   what would you expect?

TRN, laker119 and 2010andBeyond like this

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Louisville is finding out they aren't the job they think they are

It's really bad timing for them.  The issues with Mack leaving, followed by really bad basketball and now the ACC's near future is in serious doubt.

So they're in a tough spot as they want a proven winner but proven winners at a "stable" P6 conference won't want to move into this situation.

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Here is a pod cast that is worth a listen. This guy is the U of L announcer, sports caster for channel 12 in Lville and recruiting analyst. More importantly, he has his finger on the pulse of the AD, boosters and fan base of UL.  In this podcast he talks about the 3 candidates under consideration...Schertz, Kelsey  and Holloway.   He gives a 3rd party view  of pro's and con's on each coach.   At one point , he says he thinks Schertz would be a good fit for SLU...better than U of L.  Also interesting to hear his take  on the other 2 coaches.   

This is a must listen if you are interested in the SLU coach search (and if you're not why would you be on this thread) and you are concerned that UL is about swoop and grab our next coach. Of course,  nothing is done until it's done but remember this....nothing happens till ISU loses.....tick...tick...tick

https://www.12news.com/video/sports/locked-on/lo-kentucky/louisville-show/could-josh-schertz-pat-kelsey-or-shaheen-holloway-succeed-as-the-next-louisville-basketball-hc/535-60caf5ed-49b6-4881-a8e4-48df4114415e

It might be easier for people to watch on YouTube, especially on mobile.

I take back what I said about wanting ISU to win the NIT. Given the rumblings yesterday, I'd prefer to resolve this as quickly as possible. With an ISU loss tonight, by the end of this week we've either officially hiring Schertz or we're pivoting to Plan B. If L Ville is interested in Schertz and Schertz is truly interested in the L Ville job, I would prefer to pivot to plan B this week rather than at the end of next week after an NIT championship for ISU. Whatever "agreement" Schertz supposedly has with SLU is unlikely binding from a legal standpoint. One thing is for sure, he isn't staying in Terre Haute to be the "toast of the town".

Having said all that, Wade and Kelsey seem like perfect fits for a program like Lullville.

Tick Tock...

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

I take back what I said about wanting ISU to win the NIT. Given the rumblings yesterday, I'd prefer to resolve this as quickly as possible. With an ISU loss tonight, by the end of this week we've either officially hiring Schertz or we're pivoting to Plan B. If L Ville is interested in Schertz and Schertz is truly interested in the L Ville job, I would prefer to pivot to plan B this week rather than at the end of next week after an NIT championship for ISU. Whatever "agreement" Schertz supposedly has with SLU is unlikely binding from a legal standpoint. One thing is for sure, he isn't staying in Terre Haute to be the "toast of the town".

Having said all that, Wade and Kelsey seem like perfect fits for a program like Lullville.

Tick Tock...

I would be okay with ISU losing tonight so Schertz could get started on the portal, but I am having a harder and harder time buying the Schertz to Louisville talk.  Starting to feel to me more like SLU is getting played by an agent to get his client a raise before he even starts the job.  It will probably work.  If Schertz thought there was any chance he was going to be Louisville's coach next season, there is no way in hell he says what he said to Bob Valvano.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

Someone slimy like Will Wade would be the perfect fit for Louisville!

Louisville fans last night on a spaces said WW wasn’t proven enough, lol. 

28 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I would be okay with ISU losing tonight so Schertz could get started on the portal, but I am having a harder and harder time buying the Schertz to Louisville talk.  Starting to feel to me more like SLU is getting played by an agent to get his client a raise before he even starts the job.  It will probably work.  If Schertz thought there was any chance he was going to be Louisville's coach next season, there is no way in hell he says what he said to Bob Valvano.

Unless you're playing Louisville to pay you more money.

But I agree, I don't think he'd be Louisville's top choice due to how their fanbase would react. Though with every win and Pat McAfee appearance they become more palatable.

I said 2 wins was good. I to am ready for this to end.  Cincy is pretty good no shame in losing to them tonight.

31 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I strongly feel that JS is waiting to coach out the post season because he knows he could bring a strong core here, which would minimize the need to portal right away. I also believe those same players would not be going with him to Louisville if that’s where JS goes. 

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

It's really bad timing for them.  The issues with Mack leaving, followed by really bad basketball and now the ACC's near future is in serious doubt.

So they're in a tough spot as they want a proven winner but proven winners at a "stable" P6 conference won't want to move into this situation.

Louisville probably should have looked to keep the coach and try to improve via NIL and the transfer portal. They made the wrong (and expensive) choice based on their situation.

24 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Louisville probably should have looked to keep the coach and try to improve via NIL and the transfer portal. They made the wrong (and expensive) choice based on their situation.

No way they could keep Payne.  His team was terrible, it was surprising that he coached this season.  

Once you lose the faith of fans and boosters you're done. It's hard coming back.  I think Cal at UK has lost it.  Louisville better hope UK doesn't let him go right now because they'll have even more competition and pressure on this hire.

TheChosenOne likes this