GDT: SLU v. Rhode Island

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

What's Parker's status?

Didn’t make the trip. Dislocated shoulder. Generally, the only way to fix that problem permanently is surgery.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, billikenbill said:

You’re mental. Seek help.

Sorry I wanted to see Tate or Harriman coaching. Want to support the players but If Travis wins a few games this is going to be really awkward. National media goes on and on about how Travis wins 20 games and I assume you heard the injury excuse during the broadcast. I want it over and the new coach announced. I've seen enough disappointment over the past however many years. Rip the band-aid off and let's go.  

Thanks Chris. 

6 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Sorry I wanted to see Tate or Harriman coaching. Want to support the players but If Travis wins a few games this is going to be really awkward. National media goes on and on about how Travis wins 20 games and I assume you heard the injury excuse during the broadcast. I want it over and the new coach announced. I've seen enough disappointment over the past however many years. Rip the band-aid off and let's go.  

Thanks Chris. 

I'm with you. I just don't see why people care so much about how I feel about the final few games of the season. Me getting a Twitter message from a poster on this board telling me that my kids look like "retards" so they must get it from me since I don't even "support SLU" and that maybe they "should f.u.ck up my life" for my posts yesterday seems like people care a little too much about me wanting the season to end. 

I have no problem with those wanting to support the team and coaches until the very end. That's probably the best approach. But I simply don't. I'm ready to put a dying dog to rest. But it's fine. 

There are still posters on this board who think it was just a down or unlucky year. There are posters who think we are close to turning a corner. Those posters need to stop messaging me on Twitter. First of all you're wrong. Second of all it's not personal. 

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I'm with you. I just don't see why people care so much about how I feel about the final few games of the season. Me getting a Twitter message from a poster on this board telling me that my kids look like "retards" so they must get it from me since I don't even "support SLU" and that maybe they "should f.u.ck up my life" for my posts yesterday seems like people care a little too much about me wanting the season to end. 

I have no problem with those wanting to support the team and coaches until the very end. That's probably the best approach. But I simply don't. I'm ready to put a dying dog to rest. But it's fine. 

There are still posters on this board who think it was just a down or unlucky year. There are posters who think we are close to turning a corner. Those posters need to stop messaging me on Twitter. First of all you're wrong. Second of all it's not personal. 

To be clear, that was NOT billikenbill sending that message. Very uncool to do that. 

35 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Whoever sent these doesn't deserve your discretion. Let the screenshots fly.

7 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Thanks Chris. 

This right here. Have some respect for what the fans have been put through. Don't really care if Travis coached the A10 games, but make it public that he would not be returning. With the portal and immediate eligibility, it's not like the players are up sh*t creek. Is it a distraction? Maybe. Are these players already thinking about what they are going to do after this year anyway? Yes.

Go public with the separation. Let Billiken fans enjoy at least one week this season.

Bizziken and DeSmetBilliken like this

9 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Thanks Chris. 

The national announcers (USA, CBS, ESPN) LOVE them some Travis Ford. Every national broadcast, they sing his praises. 🙄 

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Please expose these people. There’s absolutely no call for those kinds of messages. 

2010andBeyond and Bizziken like this

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Torvik no longer thinks we're the worst thing.  Has SLU as 11th best team in the conference.  

That’s about right to be honest. Rhode Island, LaSalle, GW all benefited from the weaker conference schedule. 

3 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Just let me know I'll fight em for you. One time I had to fight a guy for Roy at the Lions Choice on Olive.  Traditionally these things are settled in a match of Native American Leg Wrestling at the Knights Inn in Salina KS.

15 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Medley just came in at a bad time.  If we were coming off an NCAA bid, his gradual progression into serviceable starting point guard would have been more appreciated. He's the second best passing freshman point guard in our program's history.  Add some offense and he's another top flight Billiken point guard by his junior year.

Agreed. Never understood all the hate he got on the board this year. He's had his fair share of mental lapses no doubt but he's a freshman. He's also had games he looks great. He's about the only guy on our team that plays decent man to man and goes over screens. For being 5'10 he gets his fair share of rebounds as well. 

1 minute ago, Young Charles said:

Agreed. Never understood all the hate he got on the board this year. He's had his fair share of mental lapses no doubt but he's a freshman. He's also had games he looks great. He's about the only guy on our team that plays decent man to man and goes over screens. For being 5'10 he gets his fair share of rebounds as well. 

Yesterday he had a drive to the rim that he always needed to do.  Got a ton of separation that most would have no chance of blocking. 

32 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Just let me know I'll fight em for you. One time I had to fight a guy for Roy at the Lions Choice on Olive.  Traditionally these things are settled in a match of Native American Leg Wrestling at the Knights Inn in Salina KS.

My wife is going to become gravely concerned when, on our way to Colorado this summer, I randomly pull of I-70 in Salina to take pictures of an abandoned motel. 

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

My wife is going to become gravely concerned when, on our way to Colorado this summer, I randomly pull of I-70 in Salina to take pictures of an abandoned motel. 

Hallowed ground in Billiken history.

Band Legend likes this

18 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

We spent the night in Salina on our way home from a ski trip a couple of years ago, and I felt compelled to take this picture from our hotel room.  One of the many instances in which my wife has questioned my mental health.

IMG_1825.jpg

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

you see folks, this is a true friend.   i didnt even know about this loyal act of friendship.   thanks A-Bomb!   you know i would try to do the same any time.  unfortunately i am now an old man with multiple medical events that make me almost physically worthless these days.   maybe i could win with insults and witty comments?

CenHudDude and SLU_Lax like this

3 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-with how much CMay values secrecy I do wonder how large the chance is that he doesn't tell CFord he is no longer the coach

Like an ‘Office Space’ situation??

9 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Yikes, there really are some lowlifes online.  It’s ok to disagree but getting personal like that is ridiculous.  That person has some issues.