GDT: SLU v. La Salle

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the half, when the LaSalle AD was talking about the soon to be "crown jewel" of campus with their new arena, I assumed they were building a new arena, then he went on to explain they are planning on turning the court 90° in the exact same space, losing the bleachers and adding chairs. 😳 

JMM28 likes this

4 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

At the half, when the LaSalle AD was talking about the soon to be "crown jewel" of campus with their new arena, I assumed they were building a new arena, then he went on to explain they are planning on turning the court 90° in the exact same space, losing the bleachers and adding chairs. 😳 

I didn't hear that part about the chairs but they will have seating on all four sides and I guess it will look less like a high school gym. The architect's drawing they showed looked pretty nice to me. There was no mention of ductwork though. Jury still out on that.

1 minute ago, White Pelican said:

I didn't hear that part about the chairs but they will have seating on all four sides and I guess it will look less like a high school gym. The architect's drawing they showed looked pretty nice to me. There was no mention of ductwork though. Jury still out on that.

They had a drawing and a digital version. Did look nice. I think the duct work is on the national registry so it has to stay.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

They had a drawing and a digital version. Did look nice. I think the duct work is on the national registry so it has to stay.

They also want to get this done in the off season, can’t get too ambitious

1 minute ago, Lord Elrond said:

They also want to get this done in the off season, can’t get too ambitious

I heard to save money they were going on the reality show "Trading Spaces" they would send a group to remodel the Drexel court. Must see TV.

Billikens lent a hand on DEMO day

Lord Elrond likes this

A wonderful set of surprises in the game tonight. Parker made over 30 pts, his best night ever, the team made over 100 pts in single game, and this was only the second time they score anything over 100 pts in a single game. Great win!

This does not mean we have improved our status within the league, but this one was a very good win.

37 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Where are all the Ford Haters hiding NOW?!?!

This is an unreasonable post. The team has had a terrible year, and they not only had a win tonight but had the very best night for Parker ever, and a total score of 102 pts. What is there not to celebrate or to feel happy about?

However we are still at the rock bottom of the league, and I think the win tonight changes nothing about the need for a new coach or the fact that we are nowhere closer to going anywhere after the A10 league tournament.

Is there a valid reason that I should not feel very happy about the team's win tonight and share my happiness?

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

This is an unreasonable post. The team has had a terrible year, and they not only had a win tonight but had the very best night for Parker ever, and a total score of 102 pts. What is there not to celebrate or to feel happy about.

However we are still at the rock bottom of the league, and I think the win tonight changes nothing about the need for a new coach and the fact that we are nowhere closer to going anywhere after the A10 league tournament.

Is there a valid reason that I should not feel truly happy about the team's win tonight?

Old Guy=“Debbie Downer”!

31 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

As someone who works in historic real estate development, I’m going to have nightmares tonight because of this sentence. NPS employees chasing me around with the nets on long poles. Thank you for that. 

If you ignore the 84 points we gave up tonight we played a complete game. Looking forward to hanging 40 on them with a real coach next season at Thomas Gola gymnasium. Kidding aside, I loved the energy tonight. 

Old guy likes this