GDT: SLU v. Dayton

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TRN said:

So, we didn’t play Bruce or Brad the last 5 minutes or so.  Someone needs to explain how that’s a good move with Holmes taking over.  Clueless coaching, but we only lost by 5.  Put lipstick on the pig.

Your issue is that and not Parker playing much the 2nd? We have ton to complain about cause , our coach is a notch better than crews, but Parker not playing is my biggest issue by a mile 

Just now, Lord Elrond said:

SLU did a lot better than I thought they would. Dayton is taking a tumble in the NET ratings.

We killed ourselves. First 8 min of 2nd half killed the game. All poor shot selections every possession 

Just now, Soderball said:

Dayton looked f&_$ing awful. That's the class of the A10? Can we be a zero bid league?

Ya not impressed one bit. I think the a10 is the deepest it’s been for a long time, but that’s cause 3-7 is all better than normal 

Just now, Soderball said:

Dayton looked f&_$ing awful. That's the class of the A10? Can we be a zero bid league?

They did look terrible. The A-10 will get its participation trophy.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Your issue is that and not Parker playing much the 2nd? We have ton to complain about cause , our coach is a notch better than crews, but Parker not playing is my biggest issue by a mile 

Yes, I have an issue of playing a midget lineup against them. He should have played Parker more, but who knows what type of conditioning he’s got being out for 2 months.  

4 minutes ago, TRN said:

So, we didn’t play Bruce or Brad the last 5 minutes or so.  Someone needs to explain how that’s a good move with Holmes taking over.  Clueless coaching, but we only lost by 5.  Put lipstick on the pig.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Both puzzling moves.

TRN likes this

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

Covering a double digit spread against Dayton is the new “20 win season” mark of success.  Extend Ford 

I liked it better when the losses were good bets too. This team is crap to bet on, either way. 

Just now, billikenbill said:

Both puzzling moves.

Parker not playing sucked but I can understand it. Sore? Tired? Hurt? 

Not playing a big and giving Holmes gimmies? That one is tough to explain. 

3 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Both puzzling moves.

Thj has played the 5, and is able to guard him up top and switch screens better than brad and Bruce. Do I agree, frick no. But not playing Parker when he was driving and drawing contact and dished it out to some open 3s . 

4 minutes ago, MariaReynolds said:

This team played their guts out. Down five with under a minute left to the #21 team in the country on their home floor where they virtually never lose.  A handful posters were consistently positive.  And yet many (most?) of the rest were just salivating for a Billiken meltdown - so obvious.  WTF?!?!  Is this not YOUR team?  And a bunch of "regular" posters were pretty silent which one can only assume was because the Billikens weren't getting destroyed.  

The snark from the MBAs every time the Bills made a mistake was disgusting.  There are a lot of us who still support this team. And many of us are the ones the others talk about - the ones writing the big checks. But a lot of us are sick of the MBAs on this board.  If you really hate Travis and the team THAT much, go post on the opponents board.  Let those who support the team enjoy reasonable discussion (at least in GDTs) about the team we love and support regardless of who the coach or AD is. 

Most were, what’s the word, right?

“And a bunch of "regular" posters were pretty silent which one can only assume was because the Billikens weren't getting destroyed.  “

1 minute ago, MariaReynolds said:

This team played their guts out. Down five with under a minute left to the #21 team in the country on their home floor where they virtually never lose.  A handful posters were consistently positive.  And yet many (most?) of the rest were just salivating for a Billiken meltdown - so obvious.  WTF?!?!  Is this not YOUR team?  And a bunch of "regular" posters were pretty silent which one can only assume was because the Billikens weren't getting destroyed.  

The snark from the MBAs every time the Bills made a mistake was disgusting.  There are a lot of us who still support this team. And many of us are the ones the others talk about - the ones writing the big checks. But a lot of us are sick of the MBAs on this board.  If you really hate Travis and the team THAT much, go post on the opponents board.  Let those who support the team enjoy reasonable discussion (at least in GDTs) about the team we love and support regardless of who the coach or AD is. 

Game Day Threads and possibly message boards in general aren't for you. Check out every single game day thread on every single message board they're all like this over the top.

Anyway, your frustration is not with us. It's really with Ford. If you're a SLU fan you're not a Ford fan. Anyone with basic understanding of basketball can see he's not the answer at SLU.

I don't give a flying fuq if you or the Pope are tired of me and other posters. We're the most engaged fans you'll find. We're right you're wrong. We will continue until they're fired or SLU starts winning for real.

PS fire Ford fire May

thatskablamo likes this