Midtown Madness: Addressing Burnergate

Good podcast. I wonder how much better social media would be if there were no anonymous accounts, and you had to own and defend what you said. However, at this point that’s nothing but a fantasy that’s not happening.

Pistol likes this

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

Good podcast. I wonder how much better social media would be if there were no anonymous accounts, and you had to own and defend what you said. However, at this point that’s nothing but a fantasy that’s not happening.

If Shane had defended his dad with his own account and just made the typical boilerplate arguments it would not have been a thing whatsoever. Pistol and 05 would have just said "well we disagree" and that woulda been it. Everyone's entitled to and has a right to an opinion. This is America.

The "rando"(DOC, unknown relation) blaming Joe Biden just took the whole thing over the top.

I was pretty impressed with how TFord personally handled it. What he can say is pretty limited; mentioning that his son was regretful and recognized the foolishness was great, that's the resolution the actual situation needed. I mean what's he supposed to say? he can't say "gee whiz, i suck, fire me now" .. he took some ownership and called on fans to support the team. That's what a coach is supposed to do/say. As a fan I have a right to call him to be canned, that's not personal. That's part of the business and CTF signed up to take that when he decided to be a coach. I'm sure he had that discussion in-depth with the family. Again, that's part of the business.

14 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

If we make Donnybrook, clearly we are the talk of the town…

My wife makes fun of me for watching Donnybrook but it’s great.

Must see TV.

I got my picture taken with Alvin Reid once at the old St Louis Sports Zone sports bar.

He thought it was weird I wanted a picture I thought it was weird more people didn’t. 

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Logged in to see another 16 posts in this thread and this is certainly not a direction I would've expected it to go.

With the MBM’s on this board, who knows what direction any thread will go?