Midtown Madness: Addressing Burnergate

20 hours ago, Brighton said:

..and KETC Donnybrook talked about it too.

I was surprised to see Donnybrook is still on. I used to watch it all the time. I didn’t recognize Wendy Wiese at all. Her name was listed on the participants list, otherwise I had no clue.  The 30 sec segment at the end was nothing. Reid said thumbs down. McClellan said thumbs up. The rest of the show was interesting. 

5 hours ago, dlarry said:

My wife makes fun of me for watching Donnybrook but it’s great.

Must see TV.

I got my picture taken with Alvin Reid once at the old St Louis Sports Zone sports bar.

He thought it was weird I wanted a picture I thought it was weird more people didn’t. 

My parents were such huge fans of Bill McClellan and corresponded with him so regularly that they became good friends.  

14 minutes ago, thetorch said:

My parents were such huge fans of Bill McClellan and corresponded with him so regularly that they became good friends.  

McClellan is great. I’m 43 and imagine one of his youngest fans.

3 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

I’m sick and tired of all the Donnybrook posts—can you people start a thread exclusively devoted to Donnybrook? The rest of us “true fans” have suffered enough!!!

Did you see SeanDonneybrook1987 on X defending Charlie Brennan?  Apparently he'd be on the National nightly news right now if not for a case of larengitis back in 1998.

It was later found out to be his whipper snapper grandson and ol Charlie said he was just defending his pop pop.  Chip off the Ol' block that kid what a great family they must be. He'll probably be backstage at the next taping and I'm sure it'll be a great show.

Bizziken and JMM28 like this

19 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

I’m sick and tired of all the Donnybrook posts—can you people start a thread exclusively devoted to Donnybrook? The rest of us “true fans” have suffered enough!!!

Sick and tired of Donnybrook giving quick fixes for a city none of them live in.

One interesting thing I learned here is the origin of how the term “Donnybrook” came to be used to describe a raucous brawl.