GDT: SLU v. Louisiana Tech

SluSignGuy

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That X game is the only time in my life I ever wanted to punch an opposing player. Stanley Burrell celebrating on the scorer’s table a few rows in front of me was as angry as I have ever been.

Gus correction: It actually wasn’t the scorer’s table, but the table set up on the the opposite side at Scottrade or whatever they were calling it then.

7 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

add Sincere to Gibby, Medley, TJ and Brad, with solid support from LHJ, Kellen, Bruce and Tim and some occasional moxie from curcic and van bussel......and we can make some noise in A10.

Was that an exciting finish? Yes. Does it give me hope for a salvaged season? Absolutely not. That game shouldn’t have come to that. 

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Was that an exciting finish? Yes. Does it give me hope for a salvaged season? Absolutely not. That game shouldn’t have come to that. 

more things to work on, but so nice to see a comeback against a La Tech team that did very little wrong out there. Team seems to be developing some chemistry together. 

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Of course I have hope, just don’t feel like getting my hopes up. Beat NC State in ANY fashion and I’ll join that conversation.

The team we put on the court before tonight would have had no business even being in the game tonight.  Not only did we win, but we avoided the classic Ford double digit second half meltdown loss in dramatic fashion.  We had a player that just flat out refused to be beaten.  Nothing in the last few years would say what happened tonight was possible.  We have folded like a cheap suit in similar situations for multiple seasons now.

Do I think everything is fixed? Hell no, but the damn refusal to lose like we have for multiple seasons in similar situations gives me hope we turned a corner.  I want to believe more than I want to be proven right about my opinions on the program.

56 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We're going to have to discuss everything between halftime and :28 tomorrow....But for now, that was one of the most spectacular 28 seconds I've ever seen by a Billiken, in any sport.

Here’s what happened:

The Billikens won a hard-fought and generally well-played game. The other team has good players and they got hot from the floor. The also took excellent care of the ball.

Our two prime defenders, Eze and Dalger got into foul trouble and missed important mins. As a result, rhe other team’s star players excelled in the second half. 

Basketball is a game of runs. They had theirs, TJ had his.

End of story. 

Oh, and save the whining for your podcast, which I’m losing interest in very quickly.

meerkat likes this

56 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Here’s what happened:

The Billikens won a hard-fought and generally well-played game. The other team has good players and they got hot from the floor. The also took excellent care of the ball.

Our two prime defenders, Eze and Dalger got into foul trouble and missed important mins. As a result, rhe other team’s star players excelled in the second half. 

Basketball is a game of runs. They had theirs, TJ had his.

End of story. 

Oh, and save the whining for your podcast, which I’m losing interest in very quickly.

If your basketball IQ tells you Dalger is one of our prime defenders than most of the podcast goes well over your head. Better off not listening. 

I can suggest a couple books you could read about defensive theory that may enlighten you. DM me.

4 hours ago, billikenbill said:

La Tech is the first team in 14 years to have no turnovers in a game.

Is that stat just against us or all D1 games?

I have never seen one. Kind of amazing pulling that off and still losing.

Fortunately, we shot lights out. 

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

If your basketball IQ tells you Dalger is one of our prime defenders than most of the podcast goes well over your head. Better off not listening. 

I can suggest a couple books you could read about defensive theory that may enlighten you. DM me.

Dalger is absolutely one of our best, if not our best, defenders. That is a fact. Do you not watch the games? Like actually watch what is going on off the ball? He often has the toughest assignment. Gets steals (not last night) and is consistently a physical presence that disrupts the other team’s offense in many ways. I get upset sometimes at his inability and lack of desire to pass outside when he he gets triple teamed in the lane but his defense keeps him in the lineup and any offense that he produces is a bonus. If he could improve his court vision and calm down on offense while looking to pass more we would benefit greatly.