GDT: SLU v. Drake

SluSignGuy

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't complain about this game really imo. The bills are who we are.

Impressive jimerson. Bruce had upside. Medley actually proved me wrong a couple plays and needed to be on the floor more(a good problem overall)

Dalger is a walking disaster. Jimersons ankle just makes something bad to continue get worse.

1 minute ago, ChiBilliken14 said:

How many more double digit second half leads is Saint Louis University gonna let this clown coach to a loss? $2.5 million for this garbage? This is light years worse than the Crews years. 

Crews had WBAT Brett Jolly on the floor.

Worse? No. Just as bad, yes.

Now he's got excuses. Ford himself is probably worse than Crews yeah.

2010andBeyond likes this

Ford had a good plan going with the junk zone thing. Confused them. 

Unfortunately he thought it would keep working and the better coach made adjustments at halftime. Had the deficit erased in the first 6 minutes of the half. 

DeVries definitely gets a call from the new AD at SLU in April though. 

7 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Sir this is Division I men’s basketball, aka a professional sport. Playing hard means nothing without the W

Nah. I was expecting to turn it off at halftime. They have 8 guys 5 healthy guys and 4 of them are freshman. Plus they have shown they aren’t a very good team. 

They showed well tonight.

I’ll take a game and effort like this every night. Play like this and they will win some games.

(in no way is this an endorsement of Ford. He needs to go.)

Soderball and NoCoBillsFan like this

Yeah we were short handed. But, I think he mismanaged the rotation in the final 20. For some reason he went with the small line up during Drake’s run. Made no sense to me. Both Zhang and Bussel should get the 40 minutes at the 5. Curcic needs more minutes. 

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Nah. I was expecting to turn it off at halftime. They have 8 guys 5 healthy guys and 4 of them are freshman. Plus they have shown they aren’t a very good team. 

They showed well tonight.

I’ll take a game and effort like this every night as long. 

(in no way is this an endorsement of Ford. He needs to go.)

Well said. Go Bills! Fire Ford!

Played well all things considered. 8 scholarship players, 4 true freshman, three others hobbled. If Thames and Jimerson's ankles were good, we would have won. Despite all the hate, Dalger actually shut Devries down for most of the game. He only had 10 points. Averages over 20. 

Still believe we always need to play a big...play Curcic more, and let Gibson shoot all the time.

35 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I don’t care if you’ve got Helen Keller playing major minutes at the 5, you don’t blow 18 point second half leads.   The Angry Elf has solidified our position as a laughing stock. 

Ford does.  I’d love a statistic on blown double-digit leads in the final 20.

No way he doesn’t lead D1

I hate the announcer’s narrative that we’ve lost key players.  It gives Ford an excuse. 

I didn’t watch live but just watched replay after knowing result.  The first half was same ole Ford.  Jimerson played his ass off and Drake made unforced errors and missed 5-6 open 3s and bunnies over and over.  Drake just kind of took the night off in the first half. 

Then Ford gets completely outcoached in the second half.  Pathetic.  I wasn’t encouraged at all.  

I keep cheering and want the team to win. 

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I’m on cruise ship, this score am seeing on the ESPN app has to be a result of bad internet service, right?

Just saw the final, it must have been a malfunction because of bad internet service at sea.  No way a Travis Ford team blew another big second half lead.

TRN likes this

42 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

We will count it as 0.5 wins in the pursuit of 20. 

So far I'm counting 10 wins on the season

4 real wins (Dartmouth, Wyoming, Southern Indiana, Illinois St)

1 non D1 win

2 "we tried hard" wins (1st half Drake, 2nd half Utah St)

3 "injury wins" (Vermont, Wichita St, also 1st half Drake)

brianstl likes this