GDT: SLU v. SIU-Carbondale

SluSignGuy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

But,  but,  but...Parker was injured, multiple players were deemed ineligible, the refs didn't help us all season.  

They won't fire Ford. He'll be given another year because he has such bad luck. Next year will be different...FML

Nah, his ship has sailed. He's not coming back from losing by 41 to a regional rival.

15 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

But,  but,  but...Parker was injured, multiple players were deemed ineligible, the refs didn't help us all season.  

They won't fire Ford. He'll be given another year because he has such bad luck. Next year will be different...FML

Likely scenario regardless of how much the Fire Ford crowd stamps its feet.

@willie:  I'm not arguing that.  Jimmerson reminds me a lot of Doug Collins but Doug Collins wasn't going to win many games all by himself.  Jimerson would be a great pickup next year for many Top Ten teams.  Hell, I thought he'd be at UVa this year for sure.  

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

@willie:  I'm not arguing that.  Jimmerson reminds me a lot of Doug Collins but Doug Collins wasn't going to win many games all by himself.  Jimerson would be a great pickup next year for many Top Ten teams.  Hell, I thought he'd be at UVa this year for sure.  

Might not defend well enough for UVA.

Jimersons a great, legendary shooter and a passable drive player. That's what he does.

His drive game depends on getting fouls and depends on players playing up in his face.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

I am not arguing that Jimmer can be the man. Your original post was we didn’t have anyone who would start for other teams. He would start and fit in well for most teams. 

11 minutes ago, willie said:

I am not arguing that Jimmer can be the man. Your original post was we didn’t have anyone who would start for other teams. He would start and fit in well for most teams. 

The biggest problem is that this years crop of recruits are doing nothing. They're either ineligible or just not good.

2010andBeyond likes this

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

The biggest problem is that this years crop of recruits are doing nothing. They're either ineligible or just not good.

I think an even bigger problem is that there are no serviceable Juniors on the team. There are literally no third year players on the team. 

Thats the group who should be stepping up this year with Hargrove and Jimerson. 
We can complain about the poor coaching but the lack of third year players is a recruiting problem. Shows me Ford can’t  coach or recruit. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I think an even bigger problem is that there are no serviceable Juniors on the team. There are literally no third year players on the team. 

Thats the group who should be stepping up this year with Hargrove and Jimerson. 
We can complain about the poor coaching but the lack of third year players is a recruiting problem. Shows me Ford can’t  coach or recruit. 

and this year is an empty recruiting class; like Crews had.

We need a coach with players ready-to-play right now like Utah St did. Rosters can be turned around QUICK with the right hire.

I wouldn't mind watching Great O's senior year here at SLU. You? A 62 kenpom right now is exactly what i'd like to be seeing at SLU. That's a good team that is going to make a push for an at-large, challenge to win the conference, and a lock for an NIT slot.

@willie: No.  My original post said that every player on this team is at best a role player.  You then moved on to 'complementary."  I agreed that Jimerson is indeed that, but with the right role.  I never said no one could start elsewhere.

Jimerson does start here but he's overtaxed as not only a starter but 'the man."  I'm surprised he doesn't drop from exhaustion by game's end.

35 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@willie: No.  My original post said that every player on this team is at best a role player.  You then moved on to 'complementary."  I agreed that Jimerson is indeed that, but with the right role.  I never said no one could start elsewhere.

Jimerson does start here but he's overtaxed as not only a starter but 'the man."  I'm surprised he doesn't drop from exhaustion by game's end.

“Nary a one has starters talent “. I am glad you came around to say Giibbie could and would start in a lot of places. 

48 minutes ago, willie said:

“Nary a one has starters talent “. I am glad you came around to say Giibbie could and would start in a lot of places. 

I am somewhat curious what level programs would have interest in Jimerson? He has limitations that are the reason he began his career at this level. Definitely a heck of a shooter though.

9 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I am somewhat curious what level programs would have interest in Jimerson? He has limitations that are the reason he began his career at this level. Definitely a heck of a shooter though.

Jimerson could start on 90% of teams in the country.  As a 3rd option he'd be amazing.  

willie likes this

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Jimerson could start on 90% of teams in the country.  As a 3rd option he'd be amazing.  

Like I said, I’d be interested in seeing whether that is actually the case. I have some doubts, but love the kid, so I would be happy to be proven wrong.

We have serious problems, but its wrong to say all of our players are sub par. I think our best starting guards, Meadows, Parker and Jimerson are pretty good. Good enough to win the conference and dance. I also like young Houghes and Thames. Unfortunately they are not all healthy and our forwards are not nearly good enough. 

billiken_roy likes this