Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

https://slubillikens.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

SLU's A10 Schedule has been released.  

And a big Yikes

Both UD and Loychi games are week days. 

And Bonnies, Dukes and Joeys are on the road.. LOL 

Barring any upsets, there's 6 road losses, at least. .500 in Conf play will be a challenge. 

While playing at Loyola and at Dayton is not optimal for the St. Louis based SLU fans, having the shorter road trips on weeknights is a bit better for the players, saves a couple of hours of weekday/weeknight travel time.  Chicago is easily accessible from St. Louis, plane, train, I-55.  There's a potential two game road trip to Philadelphia in the mix, at LaSalle and at St. Joe's, Feb. 7 and 10.

Ten (10) of SLU's 18 A10 games are on National Cable/Satellite TV, 4 on CBSSN, 4 on USA and 2 on one of the ESPN Networks, both Friday nights vs. VCU, away and home.

SLU needs to make a visit to the West, is playing Utah State in St. Louis, reportedly sometime in late November, on an as yet unannounced date.

14 minutes ago, laker119 said:

It’s actually a disgrace that ALL the Dayton and Loyola games are on weekdays.  1, maybe 2, fine.  But all 4 is literally doing a disservice to the league 

The A-10 knows we are going to be poo poo this year.  Why would they reward us?

8 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I figured they were in the business of generating revenue, and I would guarantee you those games would do better ratings than some other primetime games (see Duquesne vs Fordham).  I don’t expect them to reward us, I expect them to act in their best interest.  

3 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I figured they were in the business of generating revenue, and I would guarantee you those games would do better ratings than some other primetime games (see Duquesne vs Fordham).  I don’t expect them to reward us, I expect them to act in their best interest.  

15 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

If they did it because we're bad, wouldn't they want to hide us on Saturday night? 

Just now, Pistol said:

Loyola comes to STL on a Wednesday, we go there on a Tuesday.

Both Dayton games on Tuesdays.

At Duquesne on a Tuesday.

This sucks.

i agree it sucks for us the fans, but actually considering our travel disadvantages it is likely a nice respite for the players.   so i got mixed feelings.  would love to have the travel opportunity which i wont take during midweek till retired (January 10 2025 cant come soon enough) but on the other hand our underdog team needs all the breaks it can get this coming season it appears to me.

So far , 4 games on USA and 4 on CBS College Sports.  Plus some ESPN Networks .. Don't know all the Bally Midwest yet..

Does the new Davidson logo, look it should he on a Doge Charger Hellcat?

3 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

So far , 4 games on USA and 4 on CBS College Sports.  Plus some ESPN Networks .. Don't know all the Bally Midwest yet..

Does the new Davidson logo, look it should he on a Doge Charger Hellcat?

The new Davidson logo is the worst rebrand since....SLU's.

39 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Concerned about what? The schedule will get released, games will be played.

Eh. It’s a bad sign that it isn’t done yet. Can’t imagine it’s “just one game to finish” but several.