Transfers - 2023

ACE

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Is Dandrdge the biggest tool in Billiken history?

Bigger than Jahidi, Ahearn, Stemler, Harrelson, Travis Diener, Mickey Pearson?

We've had a lot of tools this offseason.

But if he chooses the SLU Billikens ....... the question is ..... is he still a tool?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Is Dandrdge the biggest tool in Billiken history?

Bigger than Jahidi, Ahearn, Stemler, Harrelson, Travis Diener, Mickey Pearson?

We've had a lot of tools this offseason.

Torch, please erase Jahidi from your post! Jahidi is the man and his twin boys with scholarship offers as soon to be sophomores are similarly great! Chaminade guys have to stick together (obviously Jahidi was not, but the twins are).

I like that it feels like some folks on here have had some drinks, makes for lively discussion. As my wife’s favorite uncle says (and he is 70+ still living that life in FL), drunk talk don’t count.

BilliesBy40 likes this

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I'll pretty much take anyone who is good but ill pass on Dandridge at this point 

Dandridge and Mac Etienne are the only two bigs left out there the with a higher upside.  David Muoka is still out there.  Doesn’t have the upside of the the other two, but is a nice player.  He would give you solid minutes on both ends. He would be a plus defender in the A10.  Probably nothing spectacular, but he would fill a hole on this team very nicely.  I’m sure the staff has been in contact with him.

There just aren’t really any other likely immediately eligible bigs out there right now that would move the needle talent wise.

CenHudDude likes this

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Yep. That’s why every GDT post from me doesn’t count 

I think I’m onboard with this becoming a thing this winter. But those who aren’t drinking can’t weigh in on our aggressive swings positive and negative. Maybe a game thread and a drunk game thread where we just let it rip and we’ll all be best friends at the end of every game. I’m super pumped for the season! Billiken basketball and furthering my alcoholism!

33 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Dandridge and Mac Etienne are the only two bigs left out there the with a higher upside.  David Muoka is still out there.  Doesn’t have the upside of the the other two, but is a nice player.  He would give you solid minutes on both ends. He would be a plus defender in the A10.  Probably nothing spectacular, but he would fill a hole on this team very nicely.  I’m sure the staff has been in contact with him.

There just aren’t really any other likely immediately eligible bigs out there right now that would move the needle talent wise.

I was surprised to see mac still available 

51 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Torch, please erase Jahidi from your post! Jahidi is the man and his twin boys with scholarship offers as soon to be sophomores are similarly great! Chaminade guys have to stick together (obviously Jahidi was not, but the twins are).

I like that it feels like some folks on here have had some drinks, makes for lively discussion. As my wife’s favorite uncle says (and he is 70+ still living that life in FL), drunk talk don’t count.

Jahidi was a top 10 recruit.

Jahidi told Spoon and his staff he would be committing to the Billikens.  He would be the biggest SLU recruit ever.

In the hat ceremony when announcing schools Jahidi lingered on the SLU hat, touched it, then picked up the Georgetown hat and put it on.  He still readily admits he was ready to pick SLU right up until that moment but felt the pressure and picked the Big East school.  He was consistently in Coach Thompson's doghouse at Georgetown.  Even in his best year he played 20 minutes a game.  People think he was a star at Georgetown because he was drafted.  He wasn't.  He didn't start till he was JR.  Goergetown's teams after his freshman year were not that good either.  Could have had his freshman year with Claggs, H, & Highmark, brought Carrawell and Woods along and played with Hughes and Co his senior year.  He picks our hat we have minimum 2 sweet sixteens with Spoon.

Complete and utter tool.

If anything he owes us and his kids should be obligated to play for us to right his wrong.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

But if he chooses the SLU Billikens ....... the question is ..... is he still a tool?

If he chooses slu, fans will treat him like they did Yuri after he left then came back. Half of the fandom with like him no matter what for coming and half the fandom will dislike him no matter what.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Muoka is from Hong Kong.  That makes him a perfect fit to our international roster.  He was the Southern Conference DOY his sophomore year, so that is something.  And really, if you want O or D from your 5, I'm taking D with the other scorers we have.   I assume he has graduated, as this transfer will be his third.  We certainly don't want two players needing third time waivers.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Muoka is from Hong Kong.  That makes him a perfect fit to our international roster.  He was the Southern Conference DOY his sophomore year, so that is something.  And really, if you want O or D from your 5, I'm taking D with the other scorers we have.   I assume he has graduated, as this transfer will be his third.  We certainly don't want two players needing third time waivers.

Everything I have seen says he is a grad transfer.

38 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

If he chooses slu, fans will treat him like they did Yuri after he left then came back. Half of the fandom with like him no matter what for coming and half the fandom will dislike him no matter what.

At least Yuri is from stl and had 3 years here before he dabbled with NIL/transferring.  If Dandridge comes here I’d feel it as completely transactional.  “Ok transfer for hire, we paid up now I want 10 pts and 3 blocks tonight.  Show me some ROI…”

JMM28 and Billikenbooster like this

Love him or hate him, Lane Kiffin today at SEC media day called it what it is ..... pay for play.  Pay to enroll.  Professional college sports.  It has nothing to do with making money off your name, image and likeness which was the original intent.   Play.  People buy your jersey number.  You get paid.    Around the Horn had a clip on it and all four panelists ---- Plaschke, Johnson, Cowleshaw, and Dennis, Jr. agreed ---- it is pay for play.  Glad to see folks are recognizibng this farce for what it is.

3 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Love him or hate him, Lane Kiffin today at SEC media day called it what it is ..... pay for play.  Pay to enroll.  Professional college sports.  It has nothing to do with making money off your name, image and likeness which was the original intent.   Play.  People buy your jersey number.  You get paid.    Around the Horn had a clip on it and all four panelists ---- Plaschke, Johnson, Cowleshaw, and Dennis, Jr. agreed ---- it is pay for play.  Glad to see folks are recognizibng this farce for what it is.

He’s right.

I was all for a college athlete doing a local restaurant commercial for a nice payday or selling autographed pictures on social media for a few bucks but what it has become is ridiculous and it’s going to destroy college sports.

The NCAA has nobody to blame but themselves. They have been picking  the wrong battles and playing favorites for years. Now they roll this NIL “plan” out with absolutely zero thought about what was going to happen. 

It’s mind blowing how stupid and corrupt the NCAA is. 

56 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Lane kiffin LOL

Like Taj Mahal 79 said love him or hate him, but he’s right. College sports has gone professional. It’s play for pay. Kiss the old days goodbye. The $$$’s are no longer under the table. It’s a free and open market. Actually more free than the pros. They sign contracts. College kids don’t. 

9 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Like Taj Mahal 79 said love him or hate him, but he’s right. College sports has gone professional. It’s play for pay. Kiss the old days goodbye. The $$$’s are no longer under the table. It’s a free and open market. Actually more free than the pros. They sign contracts. College kids don’t. 

He is right.. but lol cause he was a dirty recruiter so of course he doesn’t care for what it is now 

6 minutes ago, slu72 said:

What P5 coach wasn’t a dirty recruiter? Even St John Wooden had dirty skirts, 

I agree with all that. Again, it’s just the fact that a known cheat is talking about how wild and difficult things are now 

On 7/20/2023 at 8:16 PM, TheChosenOne said:

-consistent with your recent comments about Frank - my bad, Frank a DeSmet guy, too early, my apologies

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-consistent with your recent comments about Frank - my bad, Frank a DeSmet guy, too early, my apologies

Not surprising a Billiken fan message board would have folks who still consume local news. Hope your breakfast at the Gatesworth was good this morning.

One of the main comments yesterday about Kiffin on the show was "don't shoot the messenger."  Of course, it's funny to hear this guy complain but if you ignore the 'who" and concentrate on the "what was said" it is right on as I've been saying for quite a while.

TheChosenOne likes this