GDT: Davidson; February 15th is my Valentine's Day

SluSignGuy

2 hours ago, dennis_w said:

pickett has been playing hurt for most of conference play, i think last night showed he is getting well, i guess haters will hate. i enjoyed the win go bills

Heres Picketts last 8 game logs

Davidson - 16

dayton- 6

URI - 1

VCU - 2

Fordham - 7

Davidson - 14

Lasalle - 2

Loyola- 2

---------------------

Maybe he was injured, but looks more like Davidson's just too weak.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Don't be difficult. A "run" is different for every team.  Point is, having a mediocre regular season, but winning your 1 bid conference Tournament, doesn't automatically make our season a success.  If this was a rebuilding year, than yes I would consider this a successful season with those goals matched. 

What you're saying sounds more like moving the goal post in favor of Ford in anyway possible. 

i am not moving any goal post, you said you had to have a run, define what a run is that would make you satisfied? if contending for an a-10 championship is mediocre i will take it

6 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i am not moving any goal post, you said you had to have a run, define what a run is that would make you satisfied? if contending for an a-10 championship is mediocre i will take it

It can be just winning 1 game.  Point is, just making it and losing first round when all you had to do is win your 1 bid Conf tournament doesn't justify the mediocre, underachieving regular season. Of course, of course I'd take that right now, but it doesn't change my thoughts on Ford, and the season. So unless we win games in the NCAAt, this season, by definition is mediocre. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

102 on kenpom

107 on t-rank

104 in net 

these Support those facts. In fact, just stating a record is a horrible attempt at explaining how a season went.

this season was about as mediocre as it could possible be. 

Those rankings above speak volumes. SLU is a slightly above average team, that right now is on the outside looking in... of the NIT. There are still fun moments, exciting plays, and flashes of potential. But ultimately, those just serves as a reminder of the high expectations most of us had coming into the year. With the money spent on the program, it is fair to demand better results. 

JMM28 likes this

45 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

if a run in the big tournament is the criteria to not be mediocre then the billikens have never had  anything other than mediocre seasons, is a run in the big tournament one win, two or do you have to play in three?

I would say the definition of a mediocre season is underachieving and squeaking by bad teams while losing to good teams.

Thats what they have done all year.

1 minute ago, Compton said:

That would mean having won the A10 tournament. Which is not mediocre, by definition.

Winning the Conf Tourney does not mean that. Its a last chance because you fricked up the other 30 games. 

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

his injury wasn't a maybe, it was a fact....

No you're right.  He was injured for all those games before and between Davidson, but not the Davidson games. 

This has more to do with Davidson, than the injury.  Yes, he was injured all those games too, but obviously Davidson is more of the reason for these breakout games than the injury.

OK the Bills had an expected win at home VS a team that is well under 500. The Bills were listed as a Top 25 team this year. A Top 25 team should beat a team under 500...they should also hammer a team at home like SIUE at home too. Extremely doubtful this team is in the Big Dance again this year, and when that becomes reality Travis Ford will be 1 for 7, and IMHO those results rank an F.  Sure hope it does with the decision makers at SLU when it becomes reality!

dlarry likes this

23 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

The problem with considering contending for a league championship a good season is that this isn’t the A10 form 10 years ago. 
There is no Xavier, Butler, or even Temple. This league isn’t getting multiple bids. It’s not even going to get one at large. 
It’s a Juan bid league. The Billikens should compete for a league championship in those type of leagues even in their down years. This was suppose to be a good year. 

Just now, wgstl said:

No you're right.  He was injured for all those games before and between Davidson, but not the Davidson games. 

he's been injured for much of the year...let me help. when one is injured, some days are better than others, also it is easy to reinjure yourself as well....i get it you don't like Ford and want him fired, that's your right, but you make yourself foolish when you deny obvious facts or even worse, distort them....

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

he's been injured for much of the year...let me help. when one is injured, some days are better than others, also it is easy to reinjure yourself as well....i get it you don't like Ford and want him fired, that's your right, but you make yourself foolish when you deny obvious facts or even worse, distort them....

What the heck does Ford have to do with this.  Also I'm copy and pasting statistics. wtf.

Heres Picketts last 8 game logs

Davidson - 16

dayton- 6

URI - 1

VCU - 2

Fordham - 7

Davidson - 14

Lasalle - 2

Loyola- 2

------------

Littlebill likes this

28 minutes ago, DirtyRican said:

When is Parker going to start?  I feel bad for JP3 but it is obvious Ford has no confidence in him.  He might be better served coming off the bench.

Against Dayton, the game before this one, Perkins had 17 points on 5 of 11 shooting, and Parker had 4 points on 1 of 5.   No good answer here.

willie likes this

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

17-9, 9-4 is hardly middling and mediocre. I get the disappointment, but you lose all credibility when you make that statement. We've got our NIL program up and running, a solid core to build on and some very promising freshman coming in next year. I think it's irresponsible to blow this up by firing the coach. For those of you who think Ford is the floor for this program, you're sadly mistaken...

Not even six months ago you didn't see this team losing more than two or three games, you want to attack people for calling the season mediocre and middling? It has been exactly that by the historical record for this program over the last the 22 seasons. Our Kenpom ratings since that ranking systems inception:

02-86th

03-79th

04-87th

05-166th

06-125th

07-120th

08-157th

09-143rd

10-98th

11-127th

12-14th

13-19th

14-35th

15-289th

16-226th

17-273rd

18-148th

19-106th

20-62nd

21-53rd

22-68th

This season we our 103rd.

This season ranks 11th. This season is right in the middle of the 22 seasons.  The average finish is 111th.  This season is right in line with the average season ranking.  This season has been in every way mediocre and middling by Billiken standards.  

wgstl and Crewsorlose like this

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Against Dayton, the game before this one, Perkins had 17 points on 5 of 11 shooting, and Parker had 4 points on 1 of 5.   No good answer here.

Yep.  Just when I always say its time to rest Perkins, he bounces back.  

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

Not even six months ago you didn't see this team losing more than two or three games, you want to attack people for calling the season mediocre and middling? It has been exactly that by the historical record for this program over the last the 22 seasons. Our Kenpom ratings since that ranking systems inception:

02-86th

03-79th

04-87th

05-166th

06-125th

07-120th

08-157th

09-143rd

10-98th

11-127th

12-14th

13-19th

14-35th

15-289th

16-226th

17-273rd

18-148th

19-106th

20-62nd

21-53rd

22-68th

This season we our 103rd.

This season ranks 11th. This season is right in the middle of the 22 seasons.  The average finish is 111th.  This season is right in line with the average season ranking.  This season has been in every way mediocre and middling by Billiken standards.  

BFF is big on facts.  Your post doesn't show facts. 

brianstl likes this