Jump to content

Paul Quinn...Bills Win


The Wiz
 Share

Recommended Posts

No spread on this one since it is not an NCAA game.

C2D

56%...we picked up 1% after beating Prov...when you do what you are supposed to do by about the correct spread not much changes.

Next up Auburn...The toughest game of the year

Meanwhile, coming tomorrow,  the new "sleepy time" thread.  Stay tuned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no reason to come with a full report about the game with Paul Quinn. I checked their site, they are playing their first game of the season against N Texas tonight. They play us tomorrow and they play Stephen Austin December 11th. That is all the games they list in their schedule. They belong to a league called RRAC, and they certainly have close to 0 probability to win against us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

There is no reason to come with a full report about the game with Paul Quinn. I checked their site, they are playing their first game of the season against N Texas tonight. They play us tomorrow and they play Stephen Austin December 11th. That is all the games they list in their schedule. They belong to a league called RRAC, and they certainly have close to 0 probability to win against us.

Here's their schedule if you care to download it, scroll down.  SLU is their only D1 regular season opponent.  https://pqc-edu.squarespace.com/mbb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe we get to see extended minutes for young hughes and young thames.   i believe both have great talent and need to play more.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Computer burning the midnight coolant, Wiz?

Because it’s not an NCAA game, lack of data has forced the Wiz’s computer into CPU overdrive, sucking up all the electricity Ameren can produce!  Hopefully the Wiz can save the day and reboot his computer soon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Plus some time to work on the new defense, get Gibby's and Perk's 3-piont shots back on track, give TJ more time and a chance to prove himself.

I would actually like to see Perkins get his inside the arc game going. His 3 point shooting hasn't been too much of an issue, getting open due to still not being up to speed sure, but not his set shot. I want to see him hit some pull up jumpers and some runners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would actually like to see Perkins get his inside the arc game going. His 3 point shooting hasn't been too much of an issue, getting open due to still not being up to speed sure, but not his set shot. I want to see him hit some pull up jumpers and some runners.

Ya he's shooting 38% from 3 which is respectable, and will prove with time.  his close finishes are what need to get going asap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ya he's shooting 38% from 3 which is respectable, and will prove with time.  his close finishes are what need to get going asap

38% would be the best 3 pt % of his career. 

2019-20 - 35.1%

2020-21 - 37.6%

2022-23 so far - 38.5%

career - 36.5%

As Zac said, he's been fine from 3. 

2 pointers are an issue (at least compared to his past level of greatness):

2019-20 - 48.9%

2020-21 - 51.4%

2022-23 so far - 41.4%

career - 49.4%

So far he doesn't have the same burst / verticality post injury to get past defenders / finish over them.  That'll get better as he gets healthier & also adjusts his game. 

Of note, he's been taking more 3s than ever and less 2s than ever already this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RUBillsFan said:

38% would be the best 3 pt % of his career. 

2019-20 - 35.1%

2020-21 - 37.6%

2022-23 so far - 38.5%

career - 36.5%

As Zac said, he's been fine from 3. 

2 pointers are an issue (at least compared to his past level of greatness):

2019-20 - 48.9%

2020-21 - 51.4%

2022-23 so far - 41.4%

career - 49.4%

So far he doesn't have the same burst / verticality post injury to get past defenders / finish over them.  That'll get better as he gets healthier & also adjusts his game. 

Of note, he's been taking more 3s than ever and less 2s than ever already this year.

Ya its the little 5 foot floaters that he seems to shoot to strong or to soft with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ya its the little 5 foot floaters that he seems to shoot to strong or to soft with. 

He used to bury seemingly every one of those jumpers from the elbow off a curl.  Hasn't hit them with the same regularity yet this year.

Note that Perkins also started slow / inefficient his first season with SLU.  Different circumstances, but it shows that he can / has adapted & gotten better during the season before.

I'm not really worried about Perk, but it stinks that the biggest games on our non-con schedule are sort of front loaded.  On the flip side, our A-10 schedule is heavily back-loaded.  Need to get / keep everything healthy & clicking by February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 73Billiken said:

The SLU Rec League champs were unavailable so we get to see Paul Quinn.  Scheduling them must fall under the banner of an Act of Christian Charity.

It’s a recruiting move. The head coach runs Drive Nation which we are recruiting heavily. 
 

Here’s 50 grand to lose but also send us your best AAU players.

SLU_Nick likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

Plus some time to work on the new defense, get Gibby's and Perk's 3-piont shots back on track, give TJ more time and a chance to prove himself.

im actually hoping he gives perkins the night off.   he isnt right.   it's pretty obvious something physically is hampering him.  there is a slight limp.   he doesnt have he burst of speed we saw 2 years ago and he definitely isnt jumping as quick or high.   i dont think we need him vs paul quinn so save him for Auburn.  

AGB91 and CBFan like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

im actually hoping he gives perkins the night off.   he isnt right.   it's pretty obvious something physically is hampering him.  there is a slight limp.   he doesnt have he burst of speed we saw 2 years ago and he definitely isnt jumping as quick or high.   i dont think we need him vs paul quinn so save him for Auburn.  

I feel like I want Perkins to play as much as possible. He needs to get his legs back and into game shape. That'll come with time on the court during games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I feel like I want Perkins to play as much as possible. He needs to get his legs back and into game shape. That'll come with time on the court during games. 

he wouldnt be limping if it was a matter of just endurance

BilliKat likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

he wouldnt be limping if it was a matter of just endurance

His limp looked almost gone over the weekend. I didn’t really notice it. It was there the first and second game. With the way he played, and physicality, I don’t think this is a limp. I think it will just take him time to get used to a different feeling in his knee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hope you guys are right.  if he is still limping something isnt right/recovered yet and he could be doing permanent damage imo.   imo it is stupid to play him vs such a team.   particularly when Auburn is in less than a week.  

it is the cutting and jumping that might endanger a recovery.  not straight ahead running.   so if you are worried about not being in game shape yet, let him run on a treadmill.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...