Signed Recruits' Thread

WVBilliken

2 hours ago, NH said:

I disagree with this. Jordan was more efficient in conference play than he was in non-con. His shooting percentage from 2, 3 and FT all improved in conference play. I also think his defense improved as the year progressed. 

I don’t think Jordan made tremendous improvements or anything, but to say he “regressed” feels pretty harsh considering he had most of his best games in conference play (with some stinkers mixed in as well).

His PER went down. His assist percentage went down.  His rebound percentage went down.  His free throw rate went down.  His turnover percentage went up. his win share per 40 went down.  His offense rating got worse.  His defensive rating got worse.

Was he a slightly more efficient shooter? Yes, but overall he was a much less efficient player.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conference play is a different animal than non-con. 
I would think most freshman would regress a bit. Every game is a grind, lots of travel with the occasional extended road trip, class work. It’s a new experience for freshman and I’m sure it takes a toll. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

His PER went down. His assist percentage went down.  His rebound percentage went down.  His free throw rate went down.  His turnover percentage went up. his win share per 40 went down.  His offense rating got worse.  His defensive rating got worse.

Was he a slightly more efficient shooter? Yes, but overall he was a much less efficient player.

His offensive rating (accounting for all of those things) went slightly up. Saying he was “much less efficient” just feels pretty strong for a player whose stat line was remarkably consistent across the course of season.

10 minutes into the 1st half and Parker has 7P 3R on 25% shooting. Losing 26-13, though I've yet to see Parker in the game since tuning in. 

Technical on Salt Lake and two made free throws makes it 26-14. Moberly has taken at least 4 terrible 3-pt attempts in the 2 minutes of game play I've seen. 

Parker now in with 9 to play in the 1st. 

Parker just dusted his defender behind the perimeter with a simple jab step and put SLCC's center on a big 'ol poster. Almost exposed me as I jumped out of my chair at my desk. 

Another long, explosive wing player in Billiken blue next year??? Sign me TF up. 4 quick points to make it 28-18. 

Fun fact - Jojo Toppin, cousin of Obi, comes off the bench for Moberly. He has 2 fouls without any other mark on the stat sheet, not even a FG attempt. 

SLCC has a player named Doctor Bradley. First name is literally Doctor. 

Sincere Parker -- BANG! and BANG! -- hits two treys to put Moberly within 1 point of #1 Salt Lake with 30 secs left. Win or lose a great comeback after being down double digits.

Parker now with 24 points and has scored more points than any other player this season in all of JUCO.

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Moberly loses by a basket. Parker is a diaper dandy, any MBMs who think this sizzing sniper is riding the pine need to get their heads in the game!

I have been really excited about Parker and I feel he will take away minutes from someone.

the last rumor i heard was that larry the younger was leaning prep school way.   i am hopeful the billikens are behind the nudge in that direction to give him time to grow into his body and then become a billiken.

CBFan and bauman like this

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

Saw in P-D that Larry Hughes, Jr. led CBC to the state title. Don't know or remember seeing where he committed. I seem to recall he was being recruited by Butler.

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Saw in P-D that Larry Hughes, Jr. led CBC to the state title. Don't know or remember seeing where he committed. I seem to recall he was being recruited by Butler.

I have no knowledge of the situation but I would not be shocked if he became a preferred walk-on at SLU. 

Not living in the Lou it's hard for me to know the top recruits. I went on 247 Sports and was surprised to see he was only rated a 3 Star. Guess he isn't close to being the player his Dad was. Did list us along with Butler, but obviously he has not signed or perhaps even been offered a Scholie.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:57 PM, CBFan said:

I have been really excited about Parker and I feel he will take away minutes from someone.

Hopefully fans learned their lesson after discounting the impact Perkins would have.

It does make you wonder about the transfer portal as it would seem there are scenarios (Parker is the real deal and can play D, Perkins comes back) where Nesbitt and Hargrove are looking at less minutes next season.

33 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t claim to know much about Larry Jr’s recruitment, but he and his family were seated in the VIP seats behind the Billiken bench at one of the late regular season games. You typically see recruits in those seats, so I’m thinking that there’s some chance that we’re recruiting him.

That is part of the reason for my walk-on post. Also his sister who wasn’t very good was also a walk-on. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

That is part of the reason for my walk-on post. Also his sister who wasn’t very good was also a walk-on. 

I have no idea the likelihood of him coming, but I think if Hughes II came to SLU it would be as a scholarship player. I think he has a scholarship offer already.

He recently visited Wisconsin, although I don’t personally see him as a Big 10 player.

5 minutes ago, NH said:

I have no idea the likelihood of him coming, but I think if Hughes II came to SLU it would be as a scholarship player. I think he has a scholarship offer already.

He recently visited Wisconsin, although I don’t personally see him as a Big 10 player.

If there is one thing SLU doesn't need is more shooting guards/small forwards ...... at least this year.

bauman likes this

A close friend of mine lives on the same road as the Hughes and he speaks with Larry SR.

Blue font, he could deliver the suitcase to the Hughes family if needed.

I want Larry Jr to be a Billiken.  I would love to see the Hughes family at the games the next 4 years after his prep year.

What I don’t want is Larry Jr to be a tiger that way I can hold the Kellen Thames signing over my tiger fan friends.