Jump to content

2020-21 Season


davidnark
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, slusam said:

I doubt Ford is to happy with Chapley right now. Get the facts straight before smearing someone. Way to much of this going on

I gotta disagree here. Chapley and anyone I know with the ability to speak up didn't for months now because there is still 0 concrete evidence to say Travis Ford was definitively at that party and that's definitively why the program had to shut down. Chapley was not accusing or smearing anyone, the rumor got airplay and someone had to at least ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Forgot to link to the tweet

 

Works for me.

My next question is for Topher Gardner. 

-Topher...did you really stop going by Chris and start going by Topher? If so, why and do you realize how big of an A-hole that makes you sound like? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I first heard about this I was told that Ford was not at the event, for whatever that is worth. I think it’s a bad look for our coach to be keeping his players from visiting home for Christmas while at the same time renting out bars for his son. But we all make mistakes and as long as this happening didn’t cause any rifts within the team then it’s not really my concern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, NH said:

When I first heard about this I was told that Ford was not at the event, for whatever that is worth. I think it’s a bad look for our coach to be keeping his players from visiting home for Christmas while at the same time renting out bars for his son. But we all make mistakes and as long as this happening didn’t cause any rifts within the team then it’s not really my concern. 

No Hope bringing the HOPE baby! Love to see it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Why not? Brooks was at the UMKC game.

Game at 7 PM, ends at 9. Post game activities presumably till at least 10. I suppose it's possible he slipped over to the bar before it would have been required to close at 11 (I believe that was the bar curfew, but I don't really know) but that seems to be stretching it a bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in FL now & it’s being invaded by the spring breakers.  FL whose governor has long ago issued an order proclaiming that local authorities should not enforce any local requirements for masking or spacing at gatherings.  Teens & young adults just don’t get it.  I give Ford a pass on this. 🤔🙏🏀🍺🎂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was a great non-answer from Ford. He is a great politician. 

At this point it is what it is. It is dumb. Especially with not letting guys go home for Christmas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Not sure I understand this

 

 

 

The thought is that if the players were being asked to quarantine over the holidays while he and his family threw a big party for his son, then they got shut down for COVID a few days later, that the players were upset with Ford for doing that. Chapley is saying that's not the case, as far as he can tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Honestly, this day could have been worse. 

Yep. Fortunately no major National journalist jumped on it before we got the answer from Ford. Thinking the timing was helpful with the bracket being released just yesterday 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Was Travis at the party or was that not asked? Because if Travis was, it doesn't matter if Brooks had it earlier or if Brooks was in contact with anyone else involved with the program.

Do you think Ford's point about his son having Covid in October was to  say his son was immune and therefore he could not have gotten it from him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

At least it only became partygate and not Situation 3.  Things are looking up in Billiken land

I feel like we as Billiken fans have been conditioned over the years to wonder what the next bad thing is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Works for me.

My next question is for Topher Gardner. 

-Topher...did you really stop going by Chris and start going by Topher? If so, why and do you realize how big of an A-hole that makes you sound like? 

 

It’s a Twitter handle/moniker. He changes it a lot. It means nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Forgot to link to the tweet

 

I was called out when tagging this S3 back during the covid pp game period. Seems a proper handle for this mess and just as destructive as the first 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Do you think Ford's point about his son having Covid in October was to  say his son was immune and therefore he could not have gotten it from him?

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, almaman said:

I was called out when tagging this S3 back during the covid pp game period. Seems a proper handle for this mess and just as destructive as the first 2.

I, like Carter, have gotten the impression that this isn’t nearly as destructive internally as most have implied it could be. Not even a little bit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...