Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
moytoy12

Welcome Andre Lorentsson!

3 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

The 90s was the time I was thinking of. I think Spoon would have killed to have French or Bell.

If Jamal Johnson had transferred to SLU out of juco instead of the Florida school he went to for a year, then Spoon's 1993-94 and '94-95 squads would have been killers!  We might not be lamenting the program's lack of a Sweet 16 or deeper run.

22 hours ago, NH said:

During the Soderberg era we got occasional dunks from Liddell and Justin Johnson. I suppose Ian and Husak occasionally dunked as well.

We has a fair number of dunks with Willie Reed and Jon Smith. The teams after that (2011-2014) rarely dunked, outside of Dwayne Evans and occasionally Rob Loe.

We've certainly never had a team where two guards (until Jacobs and Goodwin) dunked regularly 

I think Justin Johnson's best dunks came in warmups. 

dunks for this team compared to all we've followed through the years reminds me of French's dominance in career block shots stat list.  We had some games this year where we had more dunks than whole seasons.

I saw claggett dunk in his freshman year and never saw another from him. A dunk was a very rare sighting on those teams

4 hours ago, dennis_w said:

I saw claggett dunk in his freshman year and never saw another from him. A dunk was a very rare sighting on those teams

Claggett dunked once and his shorts fell down.

7 hours ago, dennis_w said:

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Claggett dunked once and his shorts fell down.

Well Dennis, there's your answer.