Gordon

House

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is where I’m at.  Our biggest roster weakness is missing an experienced big man behind French.  Santos, Gordon, or even Jalen Johnson to a lesser extent (look up his early season stats which are admittedly against poor competitors) would be nice to have on this team.  Just some more “what ifs” to add to the laundry list that Billiken fans have.

Team chemistry means a lot.  Got the feeling SLU would be less of a team with either of those two ..... Gordon & Santos.  Glad they are gone.  Do not need drama queens, me players.

But yes, a grad big would have been real nice.  Surprised Coach Ford couldn't pull that off.

billikenblue likes this

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NH said:

A lot of folks such as yourself are quick to call out Gordon for being immature. But I would recommend some self-reflection and consider that you’re rooting against a 19-20 year old because he quit on the college sports team that you root for. That’s about as immature as it gets.

I don’t blame people who don’t feel sympathy for Gordon. His issues are self-imposed. But suggesting you get satisfaction in watching him fail is childish.

Also that’s not how you spell schadenfreude.

Next time please read my comments before you  direct negative comments my way.  I said I don’t think about Gordon - good or bad.  I also don’t think about Mickey Pierson but did point what could be a different standard by someone else.  Not once did I ever say that I take pleasure in Mr Gordon’s troubles. How does one do well on the ACT but have poor reading comprehension?

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

This is where I’m at.  Our biggest roster weakness is missing an experienced big man behind French.  Santos, Gordon, or even Jalen Johnson to a lesser extent (look up his early season stats which are admittedly against poor competitors) would be nice to have on this team.  Just some more “what ifs” to add to the laundry list that Billiken fans have.

Have been following Jalen a bit. Seems like one of the rare examples of a player saying they're leaving to play closer to home and then actually doing so. 

He's clearly a leader of the current Ragin' Cajun team and its stats leader in PPG, RPG and minutes. Put up a double-double on Friday. Happy to see things really working out in at least one departure scenario. 

8 minutes ago, Compton said:

Have been following Jalen a bit. Seems like one of the rare examples of a player saying they're leaving to play closer to home and then actually doing so. 

He's clearly a leader of the current Ragin' Cajun team and its stats leader in PPG, RPG and minutes. Put up a double-double on Friday. Happy to see things really working out in at least one departure scenario. 

Hope HIS granny is able to attend. Wonder if he's in touch with Rammer who if ever slipping memory serves that is where he started pbp

11 minutes ago, almaman said:

Hope HIS granny is able to attend. Wonder if he's in touch with Rammer who if ever slipping memory serves that is where he started pbp

U may have confused with Mickey Granny Pearson. He decommited to be close to sick grandma then went to prep school which was about 400 miles further away than St Louis was from his granny's bedside. 

AGB91 likes this

23 minutes ago, almaman said:

Rammer did start play-by-play at Louisiana Tech (not U. of Louisiana, where Jalen Johnson is), but he's from St. Louis (Lindenwood).

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

U may have confused with Mickey Granny Pearson. He decommited to be close to sick grandma then went to prep school which was about 400 miles further away than St Louis was from his granny's bedside. 

no I was just goofing on one reason the "play closer to home thing" played out here once. Mickey's nana 2bsure:)

I seem to recall a subtext that the 350 schools Gordon did not choose had a better chance than the one he chose. Gordon chose way early and Mr. R saved us the trouble of recruiting his son. Regular Billiken teams in the modern era usually had zero chance to land players of his caliber unless they were locals who had a reason to stay. Travis has changed that considerably and may have been more attractive to Ramey family if not for their feelings about Gordon. The tales they could tell....

1 hour ago, almaman said:

I seem to recall a subtext that the 350 schools Gordon did not choose had a better chance than the one he chose. Gordon chose way early and Mr. R saved us the trouble of recruiting his son. Regular Billiken teams in the modern era usually had zero chance to land players of his caliber unless they were locals who had a reason to stay. Travis has changed that considerably and may have been more attractive to Ramey family if not for their feelings about Gordon. The tales they could tell....

One thing I’m keeping an eye on is the coaching situation. Shaka is on a boiling hot seat, I wonder if Ramey would look into playing closer to home for his last year or two. 

To look at things from both sides of this issue, there is absolutely nothing wrong in feeling sorry for someone like Gordon who apparently cannot control the way he acts. And at the same time feeling the opposite for Pearson who thought he was too good for us. There is no absolute morality rule that says feeling vindictive and rejoicing about someone warming the bench is bad, and feeling compassion for someone else who is destroying his future is good. Human beings have both positive and negative emotions about people for reasons only known (or sometimes unknown, ie gut feelings) to themselves. I have proclaimed in this blog how I feel about Pearson, and how I feel about Gordon. I know this may appear inconsistent, but my feelings are my feelings and I will rejoice at Pearson warming the pine, and feel pain at seeing Gordon destroying his future.

The German word Schnaudenfreude (rejoicing at other people's failure) exists for the reason that it is a common condition. There is no reason at all whatsoever to hide personal feelings by pretending they are not there.

Even if we want Ramey and he wanted to come here we do not need him, forward is the position our team we must have, please visit Donte Houston and sign.

I really like our guards and we are deep at that position and we will only get better.

As for Gordon think about this young man, if any of the posters on this site would have been blessed with your abilities to play basketball as a power forward all of us would have been a St. Louis legend like Anthony Bonner.

drkelsey55 likes this

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Even if we want Ramey and he wanted to come here we do not need him, forward is the position our team we must have, please visit Donte Houston and sign.

I really like our guards and we are deep at that position and we will only get better.

Ramey would have to  sit out Goodwins senior year.  As of now, in two years we just have Yuri, thatch, and jacobs.  Also Ramey fits fords style of being a PG who can rebound. 

With this being said, there's probably no chance of any of this happening.   

Regarding the earlier discussion about Gordon being back in the STL area, he has not left the team.  He played in last nights game and scored 6 to go along with 9 boards.  I honestly don't care about what he does going forward, just providing a point that he IS in fact still Northwest Florida Junior College....as of 11/21.

35 minutes ago, philliken said:

Regarding the earlier discussion about Gordon being back in the STL area, he has not left the team.  He played in last nights game and scored 6 to go along with 9 boards.  I honestly don't care about what he does going forward, just providing a point that he IS in fact still Northwest Florida Junior College....as of 11/21.

Interesting that he randomly came back mid season.