Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

Recruiting - 2022

On 6/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, RUBillsFan said:

From her bio (http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211685477&DB_OEM_ID=27200&Q_SEASON=2019) Larry's daugther (Lauryn) started her freshman year (2017-18) as a walk-on and was given a scholarship during the spring semester.  I'm not 100%, but I think that she was back to being a walk on during her Soph. year (2018-19).  I count 13 other players who I think were on scholarship.   11 played during the year - Haribson, Rice, McMahan, Jefferies, Frantz, Lindfors, Clark, Wilken, Flowers, Dusharm, Zars plus Smith Traore who sat as a transfer from Marquette plus Jaidah Stewart who come 2nd semester and sat as transfer from Houston equals 13.  If Lauryn was on scholarship, I don't think they would have been able to add Stewart.

I don't think this is relevant to Larry Jr having an offer or not.  I do think it speaks to how highly Larry thinks of SLU that his daughter attends even as a walk-on.  Presumably she could get a scholarship and earn playing time at a D-II school.

The NCAA allows 15 scholarships for WCBB, not 13  like for the men.