Rest of season prediction

Well I can tell you one thing ...it will be an interesting finish.

Here is my take..........

If we use the standard data ( the entire season) AND the players who are playing now play all 5 games....we finish at 1-3-1...if you give us the benefit of the doubt (though we do not project well in OT games)....2-3...........If we use the trend line (the last 8 games) then it shows...3-1-1....again giving us the benefit....4-1

Part of the difference in the forecasts has to do with parity in the A-10....Most of the teams are bunched together which makes for close games.....Add the fact that we have a trend line in the last 8 games that is pointed up creates further volatility. It is not just Foreman becoming a starter but Goodwin has become more of a factor in the last 8 games.  We still make a lot of mistakes as a new team....but those are less now than they were in the beginning.

May you live in interesting times......this ancient Chinese curse later morphed into the Billiken motto....It isn't easy being a Bills fan.

Glorydays2013 and BrockL like this

I want the double bye, but if we don't get it I think the 6 seed would be better than the 5. I'd rather play Rhode Island in the championship if we make it than in the semifinals 

but you you never know what could happen if we got the 4 seed, and somehow the 8 seed upsets Rhody, then we get an easier game than say Davidson or St Bona. 

22 minutes ago, drkelsey55 said:

So, you want to end up with a double bye at the number 4 spot so you can play RI in the first game????

With only 8 players, Yes, but the #4 seed would play the #1 seed in each’s second game, if each wins its quarterfinal game.

I would rather have SLU play Rhode Island in the semifinals in light of the  lack of depth due to having only 8 players, and the accompanying risk of the team running out of gas. 

ROS without Goodwin - I'm hoping for 2 - 3 regular season and 1 -1 in the A-10 tournament so that we finish above .500.  More realistically, I think we go 1 - 4 and 0 - 1 in the A-10.

We did beat Richmond the 1st time around with Goodwin playing just 3 mins because of an injury.

Obviously this means more minutes for Hines, but the formula that worked against Richmond was Roby, Bess, Johnson, Foreman, French.  My guess is that we lean heavily on that lineup in close games and give them plenty of rest in blowouts.  I have to imagine that the Greek will end up getting some non garbage time minutes at some point just because of foul trouble.  Is this Jack Raboin guy on the team (he is listed on the roster)?  Maybe he even gets some minutes.

I'm also assuming that Welmer is done for the year (for his career?).  If he comes back, we might see some really big/funky lineups with basically 4 bigs and 1 guard.

Ford now has 3 open scholarships for next year (4 if Welmer really is done).  Better get to work recruiting.  I'd like to add a SG who can really score / shoot (Henriquez replacement) and a PG who can backup Goodwin (Bishop / Graves replacement).  After that I think you take best available players maybe try to nab some transfers or grad transfers.

36 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

ROS without Goodwin - I'm hoping for 2 - 3 regular season and 1 -1 in the A-10 tournament so that we finish above .500.  More realistically, I think we go 1 - 4 and 0 - 1 in the A-10.

We did beat Richmond the 1st time around with Goodwin playing just 3 mins because of an injury.

I'd be ecstatic if we win at least 2 without Jgood.  remember, this team is already exhausted, now you lose a 38 min per player(best player). 

Also, Richmond is better than they were when we played them. I know we are to, but its there. 

6 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I'd say now we still win the GW game, and possibly steal one against Rich or Dayton

i think this is actually optimistic.   GW is likely our only W the rest of the season imo. 

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Here's my prediction: it's going to be rough.

+1

Another bold prediction: We're about to find out just how good Jordan Goodwin is. "More important than his numbers even show" is how I'd put it.

8 minutes ago, TRN said:

We will lose the rest of the games.

Didn't we win 6 conference games last year with Hines starting and a lesser supporting cast? Not saying it will be pretty, but there is a chance to get another win (GW) or two. 

We'll be playing plenty of zone. The Greek will probably have to get a few minutes each game.