Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 minute ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I thought we were pretty sure that Graves was the one who got expelled (for being the videotaper), not Goodwin. It would make literally zero sense for Goodwin to have been the one videotaping and yet getting to play this whole season...

It making zero sense is exactly why I think this scenerio has legs 

Re: SLU- "Not unbelievable but a bit unusual"

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GBL_Bills said:

I have absolutely no idea. Legal team would make sense, but "excused absences" to me hints to me that it would be somehow university-involved.

I also think that if the legal team told the players that they have to meet and/or have big updates about their status, then coach Ford would excuse them from practice 

11 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

I also think that if the legal team told the players that they have to meet and/or have big updates about their status, then coach Ford would excuse them from practice 

if they have been informed of their suspension/expulsion from the team, why they would need “permission” to do anything is wild at this point. yes I understand you want to continue to put on a good front during the (apparent) appeal.. but the way everyone is dancing around the issue after Friday is crazy 

“They’re excused from practice today, and we plan on them being back... unless of course these university issued sanctions that no one will comment on are upheld.. then they will not be back at practice... I think...”  — Chris May 

3 hours ago, kshoe said:

Yes. It only takes one school and given the details as we know them, most schools would welcome him with open arms.

Two comments:

1.  S2 is similar (but of course) different than the Craig Upchurch fiasco.  SLU needs to decide if it wishes to engage and be part of the world of D1 athletics or not.  Time served is more than sufficient for anything they did that night.  Had they done anything that night deserving of worse than time served, they should have been kicked out of school in September, not allowed on campus, not allowed to practice/travel, not allowed to move back onto campus, etc.If our boys did not violate the law (no criminal prosecution) and if other rival schools would welcome them with open arms, then they should not be treated worse here at SLU.  Craig Upchurch met NCAA academic guidelines and yet SLU held itself out to be academically superior.  Now, SLU is holding itself out to be morally superior.  I can see alot of community service this summer, counseling, etc. but SLU either needs to be a Top 50 program or not.  Plain and simple.

2.  Why SLU has not fixed their Student Handbook since S1 is beyond me.  Throw the damn thing away.

14 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Two comments:

1.  S2 is similar (but of course) different than the Craig Upchurch fiasco.  SLU needs to decide if it wishes to engage and be part of the world of D1 athletics or not.  Time served is more than sufficient for anything they did that night.  Had they done anything that night deserving of worse than time served, they should have been kicked out of school in September, not allowed on campus, not allowed to practice/travel, not allowed to move back onto campus, etc.If our boys did not violate the law (no criminal prosecution) and if other rival schools would welcome them with open arms, then they should not be treated worse here at SLU.  Craig Upchurch met NCAA academic guidelines and yet SLU held itself out to be academically superior.  Now, SLU is holding itself out to be morally superior.  I can see alot of community service this summer, counseling, etc. but SLU either needs to be a Top 50 program or not.  Plain and simple.

2.  Why SLU has not fixed their Student Handbook since S1 is beyond me.  Throw the damn thing away.

So being in big time DI athletics means the basketball players can do what they want without repercussions?

If SLU does that it will be a sad day for the school.

If the sex was consensual why is there an investigation? 

Taping the encounter was really stupid. I guess because they are basketball players it doesn't matter? 

You don't know there will be a criminal investigation still. I believe the case is still open.

ACE - a few of the posters on SLU Talk on stltoday.com said they were graduates. So you need to get over there and defend the players who are being called thugs over there.

4 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

So being in big time DI athletics means the basketball players can do what they want without repercussions?

If SLU does that it will be a sad day for the school.

If the sex was consensual why is there an investigation? 

Taping the encounter was really stupid. I guess because they are basketball players it doesn't matter? 

You don't know there will be a criminal investigation still. I believe the case is still open.

ACE - a few of the posters on SLU Talk on stltoday.com said they were graduates. So you need to get over there and defend the players who are being called thugs over there.

StrawMan2.jpg