Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

At this point, Feb. 2 seems like the most apropos day for this to happen, as every day has been the same Sonny and Cher song in our little web version of Punxatawny, PA. 

If the preggo in charge sees her shadow on 2/2 6 more weeks of silence?

On the bright side our team has sucked so badly that there has been to my knowledge no substantial national media coverage. No one outside of SLU fans has even heard about this debacle. When I say I go to SLU people still ask me if the guy with dreads is still on the team. Slu is so small time. Slu will always be small time with Pestello and Chris May at the wheel.

Just now, BigMouthBilliken said:

On the bright side our team has sucked so badly that there has been to my knowledge no substantial national media coverage. No one outside of SLU fans has even heard about this debacle. When I say I go to SLU people still ask me if the guy with dreads is still on the team. Slu is so small time. Slu will always be small time with Pestello and Chris May at the wheel.

As much as this suck's imagine if we had everyone playing up to this point, then the news of suspensions came out.  That would actually hurt way worse.  like, being 15-4 right now, than BOOM. 

Billikid likes this

JGoods suspension would be the same if he transfe

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

As much as this suck's imagine if we had everyone playing up to this point, then the news of suspensions came out.  That would actually hurt way worse.  like, being 15-4 right now, than BOOM. 

More like 17-2 and getting votes. That would be devasting... still is but...  

Essentially three players expelled and IF the fourth is Goodwin and his suspension is until the fall of 2019, he would be the only possible returning player of the bunch. He could sit out the remaining games this season and  redshirt 18-19 and return as a sophomore in the fall of 2019. That being said, if I am him, I'm transferring asap and reshirting at another school.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

fourth is Goodwin and his suspension is until the fall of 2019, he would be the only possible returning player of the bunch. 

Why the FRICK would he stay and wait it out. 

Actually Id be pissed if he did.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Essentially three players expelled and IF the fourth is Goodwin and his suspension is until the fall of 2019, he would be the only possible returning player of the bunch. He could sit out the remaining games this season and  redshirt 18-19 and return as a sophomore in the fall of 2019. That being said, if I am him, I'm transferring asap and reshirting at another school.

Only way he stays is if the transfer rule allowing immediate transfers doesn't go through and Ford convinces him to stay, and quite frankly he does a deep introspection and comes to the conclusion he was in the wrong and not that SLU screwed him over. I highly doubt all those things would occur.

Looking at our current roster, o think most of this team could be gone next year:

Seniors- Anthony, Roby, and Hines graduate

Juniors- Henriquez leaves, while Foreman, Santos, and Bess grad transfer 

Sophomores- Bishop and Graves leave, Welmer has a career ending injury

freshman- JGood transfers 

recruits- Get out of their LOI

That would leave French and JJ, and even they could transfer

1 minute ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Looking at our current roster, o think most of this team could be gone next year:

Seniors- Anthony, Roby, and Hines graduate

Juniors- Henriquez leaves, while Foreman, Santos, and Bess grad transfer 

Sophomores- Bishop and Graves leave, Welmer has a career ending injury

freshman- JGood transfers 

recruits- Get out of their LOI

That would leave French and JJ, and even they could transfer

I wish you would stop talking.

Box and Won likes this

Updated STLToday article:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball-players-suspended-expelled-after-sexual-misconduct-investigation-lawyer/article_e255774f-a9fe-5b2d-8ae5-cd32c08e6789.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Rosenblum said the four basketball players and three women, two of whom are SLU students, had agreed to a consensual sexual act sometime before Sept. 24.

“They knew about it before, discussed it before, engaged consensually and realized there were pictures being taken and left and had buyer’s remorse,” Rosenblum said. When asked if they women knew they were being photographed, he said, “I don’t know how they could not know pictures were being taken. It wasn’t a huge space. Nobody was hiding anything.”

He said only one of the three women was actively participating in the investigation. It’s unclear whether the women also have legal representation.