Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Essentially three players expelled and IF the fourth is Goodwin and his suspension is until the fall of 2019, he would be the only possible returning player of the bunch. He could sit out the remaining games this season and  redshirt 18-19 and return as a sophomore in the fall of 2019. That being said, if I am him, I'm transferring asap and reshirting at another school.

If I was Goodwin I'd say screw the NCAA and head over seas. Why bother putting up with any of this stuff. Head to Europe and start getting paid.

23 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Updated STLToday article:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball-players-suspended-expelled-after-sexual-misconduct-investigation-lawyer/article_e255774f-a9fe-5b2d-8ae5-cd32c08e6789.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Rosenblum said the four basketball players and three women, two of whom are SLU students, had agreed to a consensual sexual act sometime before Sept. 24.

“They knew about it before, discussed it before, engaged consensually and realized there were pictures being taken and left and had buyer’s remorse,” Rosenblum said. When asked if they women knew they were being photographed, he said, “I don’t know how they could not know pictures were being taken. It wasn’t a huge space. Nobody was hiding anything.”

He said only one of the three women was actively participating in the investigation. It’s unclear whether the women also have legal representation.

This is nuts if true. 

1 minute ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

Stu Durando just tweeted that the usual eight players are all making the trip to UMass.  There no way SLU would be paying for a flight of someone who is suspended from all school activity. 

They might if they’re appealing. 

Just received the copy of Universitas today where SLU was proudly proclaiming that this year's freshman class had an average GPA of 3.9 and an average ACT of 28.1.

They need a special class for all of these scholars on How to Keep Your Pants On the for the girls and How to Keep Your Pants On for the boys............apparently the collective genius of SLU students do not understand that. 

So disappointed.

1 minute ago, Basketbill said:

Puzzled by the traveling party. Last trip everyone went even the non playing players. This time the only the 8 scholarship players who have played.

is it possible the 4th player is not Goodwin, and perhaps someone else who has not played...?

no

10 minutes ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

Stu Durando just tweeted that the usual eight players are all making the trip to UMass.  There no way SLU would be paying for a flight of someone who is suspended from all school activity. 

The 8 could include the Greek and not Goodwin. He said 8 that have dressed every game