Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion/recommendation for the school to implement re: sex and adult beverages.

My daughter gave my son in law and I key chain breathalyzers  a few years back as a joke XMAS gift. Just a little black square box that looks a small tape measure. You blow into it and it gives you a fairly accurate reading of your alcohol levels.

My idea is the school passes these breathalyzers out to all students at the beginning of every year with the following guidelines:

1.) If a couple or couples after a night of imbibing adult alcoholic beverages find themselves desirous of sexual activity,  they are to blow into their respective breathalyzers and share the results with each other. Should the reading for either party be higher than .08- NO SEX! Under .08 for both participants- KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.

2.) To ensure there are no disputes due to a case of post  regret each student, before becoming entwined, snaps a photo with their smart phones of the other parties breathalyzer to serve as evidence that both parties are not in violation of being over the under the influence alcoholic sexual consent level of .07.

3.) In the event one of the participants files a complaint w/ the Title IX administrator is found to be under the legal drinking age but their reading is shown to be under the .08 level no Title IX investigation will be undertaken, however, they will face charges for under age drinking in compliance with the punishments prescribed in the Student Code of Conduct.

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I hate to say it, but it's probably time we all accept resignation that the three will not suit up for the Billikens this season.

Yes but did you ever engage in any hanky panky with a partner that just used an alcohol-based mouthwash?

majerus mojo and slufanskip like this

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I have a suggestion/recommendation for the school to implement re: sex and adult beverages.

My daughter gave my son in law and I key chain breathalyzers  a few years back as a joke XMAS gift. Just a little black square box that looks a small tape measure. You blow into it and it gives you a fairly accurate reading of your alcohol levels.

My idea is the school passes these breathalyzers out to all students at the beginning of every year with the following guidelines:

1.) If a couple or couples after a night of imbibing adult alcoholic beverages find themselves desirous of sexual activity,  they are to blow into their respective breathalyzers and share the results with each other. Should the reading for either party be higher than .08- NO SEX! Under .08 for both participants- KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF.

2.) To ensure there are no disputes due to a case of post  regret each student, before becoming entwined, snaps a photo with their smart phones of the other parties breathalyzer to serve as evidence that both parties are not in violation of being over the under the influence alcoholic sexual consent level of .07.

3.) In the event one of the participants files a complaint w/ the Title IX administrator is found to be under the legal drinking age but their reading is shown to be under the .08 level no Title IX investigation will be undertaken, however, they will face charges for under age drinking in compliance with the punishments prescribed in the Student Code of Conduct.

It's fine and dandy to plan such stuff when you're sober, but will people do it when they're under the influence?

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It's fine and dandy to plan such stuff when you're sober, but will people do it when they're under the influence?

It was mostly a tongue in cheek recommendation, however, if they didn't use them, the school could simply say sorry you got no proof no case. If you're the guy and you're thinking straight and after seeing what's happened in Sit 2, he'd be an idiot not to insist on seeing the women's results. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I hate to say it, but it's probably time we all accept resignation that the three will not suit up for the Billikens this season.

-THicks, I have thought this for a while, don't like it, but the U still needs to make a decision and with the next semester starting tomorrow and with reports the players are still in the gym, if it was SLU's strategy to out-wait them, well, it has failed, like the whole darn thing

18 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Not that it has mattered too much in the past, but Stu Tweeted that SLU is practicing today with a full roster.

8 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm with Thicks on this one.  I'm tired of getting instagram/twitter/Stu  hopeful and then seeing the same sad huddle before the games......

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

The one drink thing isn’t in SLU’s code of conduct or In their Title IX policy.  I posted what it actually says earlier in this thread.  I am not going to search for it now, but it basically states the person has to be showing signs of being intoxicated in a way that a reasonable person could know they were drunk.

But I was drunk and no one in their right mind would accuse me of being reasonable when drunk, so I'm off the hook. The policy clearly wouldn't refer to me. 

Sitting here at Phillips Arena in Atlanta on a lovely MLK Day and I like that the visiting San Antonio Spurs have a female assistant coach. Might be something worth checking into if you are Travis Ford or Chris May. Perhaps having some sort of gender barrier breaking initiative with the Men’s basketball program would help the team. Not saying these guys aren’t totally respectful of women, but it might help future generations of Bills coming through the program to have a softer approach towards women. Just a thought. We are possibly 0-2 in these situations and we cannot afford Situation 3. SLU has the resources to change things.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Putting them in a social media post and then not playing them was unbelievable. It feels like Wednesday really is FINALLY the last chance that they could play this season.

That's what I can't get over. They've been so cautious about keeping those guys out of any official team communications before and during the season, so they were very intentionally included in that photo - but why? To illustrate that all of them are eligible to travel with the team now? As a statement from the AD/team against the University? I don't think there's any point to the former, and I don't think they'd actually do the latter - May was in the photo and he's not going to rock the boat like that.

The only thing that made sense to me is that they were signaling that the situation had reached a turning point, and a positive enough one that would warrant including these guys in the program's public communications again. But why that and nothing else?

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

That's what I can't get over. They've been so cautious about keeping those guys out of any official team communications before and during the season, so they were very intentionally included in that photo - but why? To illustrate that all of them are eligible to travel with the team now? As a statement from the AD/team against the University? I don't think there's any point to the former, and I don't think they'd actually do the latter - May was in the photo and he's not going to rock the boat like that.

The only thing that made sense to me is that they were signaling that the situation had reached a turning point, and a positive enough one that would warrant including these guys in the program's public communications again. But why that and nothing else?

Henriquez and Bishop had been eligible to travel with the team since the beginning of the season.  Graves was the only one who couldn't travel until the first semester ended.  (Not counting Santos, who can't travel this season.)

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Henriquez and Bishop had been eligible to travel with the team since the beginning of the season.  Graves was the only one who couldn't travel until the first semester ended.  (Not counting Santos, who can't travel this season.)

Right, that's what I'm saying. Graves reached his two semesters at his destination school threshold over winter break and became eligible to travel with the team. But they wouldn't put all three in the photo just for that reason. There had to be another reason.

9 minutes ago, TheGrandLife said:

Grand Forest

This is probably another thread altogether, but Grand Forest needs to be torn down and replaced with quality student housing immediately. Those apartments felt like low-rent dumps when I was at SLU 12-16 years ago, and they haven't gotten any better with age.

My wife's cousin is a big-time high school swimmer being recruited everywhere right now. He's a junior so he's going on campus visits, and he said his favorite at the moment is Auburn because the athlete housing is so nice and has so many amenities. He said most schools are pretty close so far in terms of program, swimming facilities, coaches, etc., so that's the thing setting them apart. SLU needs to catch up in that department or they're going to have an increasingly tough time winning recruiting battles.