Other games

brianstl

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Biggest A10 win...makes one wonder if we should ever mix in a 1-3-1 zone when struggling defensively ...

Yeah, may be. Right now our zone isn’t that good. We are having trouble covering the corners. 

But last year the zone started out terrible and got to be pretty good at the end of the season. I’m not sold on Foreman at the point. Yes he has the length you like but not the speed to move as needed up top. Last year Moore got to be pretty good up top. I forgot who covered the baseline last year.

Goodwin or Roby might be my choice for up top this year. 

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Just saw on Twitter that Alabama currently playing with 3 players against Minnesota.  10 min left in the 2nd half.  Not sure the reason (fouls? Injuries?). But can’t say I’ve ever seen such a thing before. 

All their players on the bench came onto the court during a scuffle, resulting in all ejected, then one of the remaining 5 players picked up his 5th foul and one of the remaining four players after that left with an injury.

3 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

All their players on the bench came onto the court during a scuffle, resulting in all ejected, then one of the remaining 5 players picked up his 5th foul and one of the remaining four players after that left with an injury.

Alabama played the final 10 min with 3 players....at that point Minn had a 14 pt lead....with a minute left Alabama had cut the lead to 3 and had the ball  and a chance to tie but missed the shot. In the end Minn  hung on to win by 5.... The key phrase is that " Minn hung on to win"......WITH A  2 MAN ADVANTAGE FOR THE LAST 10 MIN OF THE GAME.  And we think we are short handed.

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Alabama played the final 10 min with 3 players....at that point Minn had a 14 pt lead....with a minute left Alabama had cut the lead to 3 and had the ball  and a chance to tie but missed the shot. In the end Minn  hung on to win by 5.... The key phrase is that " Minn hung on to win"......WITH A  2 MAN ADVANTAGE FOR THE LAST 10 MIN OF THE GAME.  And we think we are short handed.

I looked at the video.  That has to be the most amazing 10 minutes of basketball in NCAA history.  The 1-2 zone Bama played was amazingly effective.  It looked like the Gophers were afraid to shoot open (very open) jump shots.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I looked at the video.  That has to be the most amazing 10 minutes of basketball in NCAA history.  The 1-2 zone Bama played was amazingly effective.  It looked like the Gophers were afraid to shoot open (very open) jump shots.

I just don't understand....Minn has 2 wide open guys on every possession.  It would be like the Blues having a 2 man power play advantage for 5 consecutive penalties and being outscored during that time. Doesn't seem possible......BTW Minn  is ranked  14th in the nation....so this is not a case of a weak team with an advantage.

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Really impressive for 32 minutes, the team has potential.  Like SLU they have played short handed all year but the future is bright for both.

At first I thought you were comparing SLU to Missouri. But then, your main man, Martin, has been playing 10.  Short handed?  How many do you want for your team?  15?  20? 

If you have been paying attention, SLU has 8 scholarship players dressing.   Ford would love to have 10 scholarship players on his bench.  To suggest that Missouri is shorthanded - and compare it to SLU - is sacrilege. 

On 11/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, moytoy12 said:

I know it won’t be popular here, but it would have been really nice to see Tilmon in Billiken Blue this year.  

Saw a stat the other day, Tilmon is averaging 12 fouls per 40 minutes.  Thats amazing. 

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Really impressive for 32 minutes, the team has potential.  Like SLU they have played short handed all year but the future is bright for both.

Not my place to tell you how to live your life, but I think other hobbies would prove more meaningful than trolling the message board of an Atlantic 10 college basketball team.