Jump to content

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

You're right. Guys also want to play. I suspect Yaya had someone tell him that he'd probably sit his entire first year at SLU. And you still have Bell/Okoro in 22-23. I suspect the staff is hoping to find a Bell-type talent that they don't immediately need to put in the fire. Bring along slowly, have ready for the rotation in 22/23, and then ready to start, or get recruited over, in 23/24.

They won't sign anybody though, because Russell will probably play his way into a scholarship. 

Just a thought, I don't care at this point about Russell getting a scholly or giving it to a "big"  That's the 3rd scholarship.  I want the 1st and 2nd scholarships filled by J Nesbitt and N Kern.  I say let's worry about the 3rd scholarship after we hear from JN and NK, hopefully this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, bauman said:

Just a thought, I don't care at this point about Russell getting a scholly or giving it to a "big"  That's the 3rd scholarship.  I want the 1st and 2nd scholarships filled by J Nesbitt and N Kern.  I say let's worry about the 3rd scholarship after we hear from JN and NK, hopefully this week.

I of course want the big 2 also, but we also have a large need for a big that can get minutes as Frosh. Billiken fans are so used to figuring how to work with 2-3 real bigs that we seem so accustomed to it we think it is enough. If we don't get one,  than in Okoro and Bell's Sr year our 3rd and if we can have some crazy over abundance of bigs our 4th also will be Frosh. I think we want and need a high quality big in this class

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I of course want the big 2 also, but we also have a large need for a big that can get minutes as Frosh. Billiken fans are so used to figuring how to work with 2-3 real bigs that we seem so accustomed to it we think it is enough. If we don't get one,  than in Okoro and Bell's Sr year our 3rd and if we can have some crazy over abundance of bigs our 4th also will be Frosh. I think we want and need a high quality big in this class

Skip, I agree with you that it would be good to get a big in this year's class.  My only point is I think the most important thing in the next class is to get the "big 2" as you have termed them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

Jordan Nesbitt now has a prediction on 247sports for Memphis. This just confirms that no one really knows, even though everyone thinks they know where he will go...

Was this a new crystal ball or was it a change?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

You know, if Nesbitt does pick Memphis, I’ll be glad that it’s not Illinois. But at the same time, it’ll be disappointing to see him at Chaifetz in a different uniform next year.

This. If it’s not Illlinois I won’t be as pissed. Not thrilled that he won’t be with us, but at least we will get to run him out of chaifetz next season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

I understand the appeal of Memphis with Penny telling him you remind me of me and I can show you how I got to the NBA. The NBA is foremost on all these player's minds.

I'd imagine if you take a scientific look at it historically NBA players who become NCAA coaches have been worse coaches / developers of talent than coaches who never played in the NBA.

Cherry picked examples - Penny's own coach (Larry Finch) never played in the NBA (he played briefly in the ABA).  That did not stop Penny from becoming an NBA all-star.  Meanwhile 3x NBA all star thunder Dan Majerle coached 7 seasons in the NCAA and none of his players have gone on to play in the NBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'd imagine if you take a scientific look at it historically NBA players who become NCAA coaches have been worse coaches / developers of talent than coaches who never played in the NBA.

Cherry picked examples - Penny's own coach (Larry Finch) never played in the NBA (he played briefly in the ABA).  That did not stop Penny from becoming an NBA all-star.  Meanwhile 3x NBA all star thunder Dan Majerle coached 7 seasons in the NCAA and none of his players have gone on to play in the NBA.

That is quite the scientific study you've performed there!

Here's a statistical observation. Those coaches that can recruit the most McDonalds All-Americans  to their school also have the most players in the NBA. Truly groundbreaking research, I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kshoe said:

That is quite the scientific study you've performed there!

Here's a statistical observation. Those coaches that can recruit the most McDonalds All-Americans  to their school also have the most players in the NBA. Truly groundbreaking research, I know.

I didn't say I was doing a scientific study that's why I admitted my examples were cherry picked.  I don't have the time or know-how to do the actual study.  You'd have to weight the caliber of players coaches are bringing in versus how many they put into the NBA.

Overall point is that Penny having played in the NBA should mean squat to Nesbitt if his ultimate goal is the NBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I didn't say I was doing a scientific study that's why I admitted my examples were cherry picked.  I don't have the time or know-how to do the actual study.  You'd have to weight the caliber of players coaches are bringing in versus how many they put into the NBA.

Overall point is that Penny having played in the NBA should mean squat to Nesbitt if his ultimate goal is the NBA.

Not to mention Ford's guy Marcus Smart is in NBA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Our last crystal ball on 247 switched to Memphis.

So there aren’t any crystal ball predictions for The Bills anymore?

My confidence level is dropping daily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dlarry said:

So there aren’t any crystal ball predictions for The Bills anymore?

My confidence level is dropping daily.

Nope, 3 for Illinois and 3 for Memphis.  I guess they weight it based on the level of "expert" because they list Illinois at a 75% chance and Memphis 25%.  

Wasn't it posted that Memphis is over committed already?  I only ask because saw John Camden is committing Wednesday and he is favored to go to Memphis.  This MemphisMeech guy on twitter that Nesbitt retweeted seems confident it will be Memphis.  No idea who he is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

So there aren’t any crystal ball predictions for The Bills anymore?

My confidence level is dropping daily.

Mine is too, but still holding out hope based on the way this recruitment has gone. It seems like it’s changing by the hour almost, so we could very well still pull this off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...