Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

You do realize that we have also gotten players that way. Carte'Are Gordon was a very dirty recruitment. Jordan Goodwin's dad got a nice payday. Ford is a good recruiter, but he's not clean.

Prove it.

Otherwise troll somewhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I'm actually a SLU alum, got my Masters there. Wife is an alum as well for both undergrad and masters. I follow a lot of Midwestern basketball recruiting. You are asking for "proof" of the recruitments of Gordon and Goodwin being dirty, but I think if Nesbitt goes to Illinois or Memphis you will be quite comfortable saying it was dirty without any such proof.

I never said any such thing. And I never will. I’m perfectly capable of accepting that people might be happier at another school besides SLU. But you come on here and your very first post ever is accusing us of cheating. How do you expect regular posters to react to that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AGB91 said:

Prove it.

Otherwise troll somewhere else.

Anyone who is halfway clued in at SLU knew about the Gordon recruitment. My father in law works in admin at the med school and even he knew. He called me after he committed and said "You hear about this kid they got for the basketball team? Had to pay for a nice condo for his mom" The Gordon family was not particularly low key about what happened either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reinert310 said:

I never said any such thing. And I never will. I’m perfectly capable of accepting that people might be happier at another school besides SLU. But you come on here and your very first post ever is accusing us of cheating. How do you expect regular posters to react to that?

I would expect you to look at it realistically. Look at Travis Ford's history of recruiting. He's always been a good recruiter. No doubting that. You don't get to be a consistently good recruiter in today's age without playing in the grey. That's just the nature of college basketball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

Anyone who is halfway clued in at SLU knew about the Gordon recruitment. My father in law works in admin at the med school and even he knew. He called me after he committed and said "You hear about this kid they got for the basketball team? Had to pay for a nice condo for his mom" The Gordon family was not particularly low key about what happened either.

330.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigSteve said:

I would expect you to look at it realistically. Look at Travis Ford's history of recruiting. He's always been a good recruiter. No doubting that. You don't get to be a consistently good recruiter in today's age without playing in the grey. That's just the nature of college basketball.

That’s not proof. That’s speculative BS. How many 5* or even 4* recruits has Ford brought to SLU? Goodwin wanted to stay home. Gordon had a lot of red flags going back to high school. That’s looking at realistically. He gets the most out of his players. Go troll somewhere else

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reinert310 said:

That’s not proof. That’s speculative BS. How many 5* or even 4* recruits has Ford brought to SLU? Goodwin wanted to stay home. Gordon had a lot of red flags going back to high school. That’s looking at realistically. He gets the most out of his players. Go troll somewhere else

Yeah, but Big Steve's father-in-law.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

Anyone who is halfway clued in at SLU knew about the Gordon recruitment. My father in law works in admin at the med school and even he knew. He called me after he committed and said "You hear about this kid they got for the basketball team? Had to pay for a nice condo for his mom" The Gordon family was not particularly low key about what happened either.

So your father in law, who works in the med school, knew about us paying for Gordon’s mom. Funny, because my father, who holds a much more “in the know” position within the administration that working in the med school, has always stressed how clean our program is. But glad you got that great intel from a med school faculty member. 🤦🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I would expect you to look at it realistically. Look at Travis Ford's history of recruiting. He's always been a good recruiter. No doubting that. You don't get to be a consistently good recruiter in today's age without playing in the grey. That's just the nature of college basketball.

I'm out of reactions for today. So you won't get a good post out of me, but you're absolutely right. I for one am all for it. Is it really cheating if everyone is doing it?

I actually think it's a complement that people think we're cheating. Means were doing something right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

That’s not proof. That’s speculative BS. How many 5* or even 4* recruits has Ford brought to SLU? Goodwin wanted to stay home. Gordon had a lot of red flags going back to high school. That’s looking at realistically. He gets the most out of his players. Go troll somewhere else

Prove they were clean. Apply the same standard to yourself. You can't either. Some of the "red flags" you mentioned were that his family wanted to get paid, others were his attitude. 

I'm not claiming SLU cheats more than anyone else, or is more egregious. If you want to believe you are the only clean team in major D1 basketball go ahead. Sounds an awful lot like UK fans who say Cal is clean because he never got caught at UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

So your father in law, who works in the med school, knew about us paying for Gordon’s mom. Funny, because my father, who holds a much more “in the know” position within the administration that working in the med school, has always stressed how clean our program is. But glad you got that great intel from a med school faculty member. 🤦🏻

Things are becoming clearer! Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigSteve said:

Prove they were clean. Apply the same standard to yourself. You can't either. Some of the "red flags" you mentioned were that his family wanted to get paid, others were his attitude. 

I'm not claiming SLU cheats more than anyone else, or is more egregious. If you want to believe you are the only clean team in major D1 basketball go ahead. Sounds an awful lot like UK fans who say Cal is clean because he never got caught at UK.

You’re the one throwing around accusations with zero evidence outside of the word of your father in law who happens to work at the med school. I’ve received contradictory testimony from people I trust far more than you and your med school father in law. Gordon being at 4 schools in 2 years prove his red flags. Believe whatever you like, but take it to the Illini board, where you can all compliment each other on how fashionable your tinfoil hats are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

Prove they were clean. Apply the same standard to yourself. You can't either. Some of the "red flags" you mentioned were that his family wanted to get paid, others were his attitude. 

I'm not claiming SLU cheats more than anyone else, or is more egregious. If you want to believe you are the only clean team in major D1 basketball go ahead. Sounds an awful lot like UK fans who say Cal is clean because he never got caught at UK.

Well it definitely makes sense that if the family wants to get paid to have Gordon commit 13 months before he can sign, which very few kids do so that way they can reduce the amount they get paid as much as possible. That makes much more sense then the fact his girlfriend just committed there to play soccer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

Anyone who is halfway clued in at SLU knew about the Gordon recruitment. My father in law works in admin at the med school and even he knew. He called me after he committed and said "You hear about this kid they got for the basketball team? Had to pay for a nice condo for his mom" The Gordon family was not particularly low key about what happened either.

I’m assuming she had to move when Gordon transferred?

So her condo is probably back on the market?

I’m Looking for a nice weekend place to take my mistresses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigSteve said:

You do realize that we have also gotten players that way. Carte'Are Gordon was a very dirty recruitment. Jordan Goodwin's dad got a nice payday. Ford is a good recruiter, but he's not clean.

Fan Guy has returned to let you know you should leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Didn’t Piper and Snow have Goodwin going to the Illini?

Personally, Memphis still scares me more in this recruitment.

What about Jerry Meyer? And agree, Memphis has the means to sway Nesbitt, but I feel like some posters here made a good point about the distance factor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, BigSteve said:

I would expect you to look at it realistically. Look at Travis Ford's history of recruiting. He's always been a good recruiter. No doubting that. You don't get to be a consistently good recruiter in today's age without playing in the grey. That's just the nature of college basketball.

accusing a coach of arranging a condo is not "playing in the grey area".   that is pure cheating.   and you lie.   please go away.   if you were a true billiken fan you wouldnt come here with your first post as such.   maybe you got a masters from slu, but i am betting your bachelor's was an illini degree.     you are way too slimy for that not to be true.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

accusing a coach of arranging a condo is not "playing in the grey area".   that is pure cheating.   and you lie.   please go away.   if you were a true billiken fan you wouldnt come here with your first post as such.   maybe you got a masters from slu, but i am betting your bachelor's was an illini degree.     you are way too slimy for that not to be true.  

Yikes. Ad hominem much?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...