GDT: How Bad Arer We? No One Started One. Shocked

Taj79

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

I don't see it.  He looked good once we were down 30.  Big deal.  

I want to see more Zeke.

I just want to see better basketball. That won't happen for another 11 months. Gonna be a long time. Was Jim Crews a Uboat commander in WWII? He certainly sank this program to new depths.

So many problems on this team. Disappointing to see absolutely no progress from Gillmann and Neufeld. Gillmann is worse, Neufeld just as bad. Only thing we had to cover up a bunch of weaknesses was to have Mike and Zeke be very solid from the arc. MC is shooting about 13% from there, and Zeke hasn't gotten it going yet. Knocked a few down tonight so maybe it'll come together for him. Team is undersized and weak and shooting isn't going to cover up weaknesses. Hoping for a few upsets in conference play and signs of progress.

BTW, it's hilarious to listen to the Rammer during these blowouts. Every play sounds like the one that'll get us to the Final Four. Rammer is into it, no doubt.

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I just want to see better basketball. That won't happen for another 11 months. Gonna be a long time. Was Jim Crews a Uboat commander in WWII? He certainly sank this program to new depths.

Just imagine how depressing this all would be if we didn't have the light at the end of the tunnel. We had such a nice run and then fell off so fast. Amazes me how Crewsplatt was that inadequate. Then again it doesn't.

My other half scheduled a rainbow vacuum demonstration at my house so I missed the second half.

I think the cost of almost $3000 for a vacuum and shampooer is more shocking than the posts of the game.

Watching is easier once you realize that getting upset is of no value.  Just watch and try to stay interested.  I do think Zeke is getting more and more into the flow.  Johnson and Moore has to play more - no pun intended.  Rise is correct - the only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that things will be better next year.

5 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Watching is easier once you realize that getting upset is of no value.  Just watch and try to stay interested.  I do think Zeke is getting more and more into the flow.  Johnson and Moore has to play more - no pun intended.  Rise is correct - the only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that things will be better next year.

+1 I just want to see Moore, Johnson, and Neufeld play and see if there is improvement.

I feel bad for Reggie and Mike our seniors.

3 minutes ago, CBFan said:

+1 I just want to see Moore, Johnson, and Neufeld play and see if there is improvement.

I feel bad for Reggie and Mike our seniors.

@Why do you want to see more of Neufeld. The poor guy can't play. He is the slowest player I have ever seen. He just can't move. I'm not saying he doesn't try he just can't move. 

Bishop and a Crawford are terrible. I want to see more of the freshman. Coach has to get a handle on the run and gun style that we see carried over from last year. Not enough talent to be launching three pointers on the run or while covered and driving the lane with three opponents in the paint. Grind it out, play defense, be patient on offense - keep games close and give yourself a chance to win. 

3 minutes ago, bgtholt88 said:

Bishop and a Crawford are terrible. I want to see more of the freshman. Coach has to get a handle on the run and gun style that we see carried over from last year. Not enough talent to be launching three pointers on the run or while covered and driving the lane with three opponents in the paint. Grind it out, play defense, be patient on offense - keep games close and give yourself a chance to win. 

You have a point about grinding it out but isn't it more important to install the style of play you want to play in the future. You are going to probably lose anyway. Lose by 10 or lose by 20 . 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

You have a point about grinding it out but isn't it more important to install the style of play you want to play in the future. You are going to probably lose anyway. Lose by 10 or lose by 20 . 

Yeah I agree. I guess it doesn't have to be a grind out style of play. But the defense will have to improve and I just feel like I'm watching pure slop on offense. 

53 minutes ago, CBFan said:

My other half scheduled a rainbow vacuum demonstration at my house so I missed the second half.

I think the cost of almost $3000 for a vacuum and shampooer is more shocking than the posts of the game.

your night sucked in a different than teams

One weird stat from the game.  Of the players that played more than 20 minutes, Moore has the best +/-, and the difference is really big.  He is a -5 in 24 minutes.  We lost by 30, but over half of the game we only went down by 5 points.  Could just be luck. 

Everyone else over 20 minutes is in the -20 range.  Agbeko is -13 in 18 minutes.  The rest are too small a sample of minutes to get anything out of it.

I kind of hate +/- because it seems a bit arbitrary, but maybe, just maybe, Moore plays better defense, doesn't turn the ball over, and can score.

Come on BigMouth, this is a depleted team with no depth and a history of injuries that went out to play a top 50 team and got blown as expected. From before it happened, this game was going to be an exercise in exposing our weaknesses. The very worst outcome, scoring below 20 points, did not happen.

9 hours ago, willie said:

@Why do you want to see more of Neufeld. The poor guy can't play. He is the slowest player I have ever seen. He just can't move. I'm not saying he doesn't try he just can't move. 

Because he is the tallest person on the team and next years team may need someone tall to defend a big center.  I read posts that say available scholarship should be used for a center.  If the center position cannot be filled with the available scholarship why not work with Neufeld on this lost season?  I mean no disrespect, you know more about the position then I do because of your description of Neufeld's play and I just do not see that.  So from what I understand that is why I want to see more of Neufeld.

9 hours ago, almaman said:

your night sucked in a different than teams

Yes it did, I wondering who was knocking on my door in the middle of nowhere at 8 pm.

My other half apologized so I have that, lol.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Come on BigMouth, this is a depleted team with no depth and a history of injuries that went out to play a top 50 team and got blown as expected. From before it happened, this game was going to be an exercise in exposing our weaknesses. The very worst outcome, scoring below 20 points, did not happen.

Zeke Moore seemed to get a few to go down late. I'll take that for a positive. 

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

That record always scares me every time the team struggles to score.

I still like Johnson, Moore, Bishop, Welmer, and Roby coming back to back up the new starting 5.

This team will surprise someone this year it usually happens and it will be when every player has a career night similar to last years Davidson game.