GDT: How Bad Arer We? No One Started One. Shocked

Taj79

On 12/8/2016 at 8:24 AM, brianstl said:

A couple of reasons I still have some hopes for Neufeld are mono and Tate.  

First, I think the mono really zapped his stamina, reaction time and strength.  That has really impacted what he has been able to do so far.  This really shows when you compare Neufeld's per 40 minute numbers from this season to last season.  His foul per minute numbers this season really show how the mono has impacted reaction time. Nuefeld's stamina, reaction time and speed will improve as he gets further away from his bout with mono.

Second, Corey Tate was actually able to turn Ryan Rosburg into a legitimate SEC center during the second half of last season.  Rosburg was basically a slightly bulkier version of Neufeld.  I actually think Nuefeld is a little more athletic and he definitely had better footwork as a freshman than Rosburg did as a freshman.  Also, compare Rosburg's per 40 minute numbers as a freshman to Neufeld's.

None of the above means that Neufeld will definitely improve like Rosburg did.  I just think we need to wait to see what he does in the second half of the season before we completely write him off.

Neufeld wasn't any good last year either. Maybe the mono is still making him extra terrible, but it's not the only reason he's bad.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, JMM28 said:

If I had to draw a picture of Jim Crews on an in home visit, that picture definitely includes Jim Crews reaching into his pocket to offer a Werthers original in an awkwardly firm way until someone in the room reluctantly puts it in their mouth while he talks about how great werthers originals are. 

Yes!

...and doing a 'magic' trick where he pulls a quarter out from behind the recruit's ear...

7 hours ago, Bizziken said:

Yes!

...and doing a 'magic' trick where he pulls a quarter out from behind the recruit's ear...

You can't forget having their kid sister hold the laundry basket in the corner of the room while mom and a floor lamp play defense and Crews gets his geriatric ass all riled up and tells the recruit to shoot the rock!  Then the recruit reluctantly throws a couch cushion into the laundry basket.  Finally Crews brings everybody in for a huddle but then the kid brother says "This is stupid, I'd rather hang out in a wash basin," and Crews shoves the kid across the room.