Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I get a kick out of those bitching about the poor attendance tonight.  Why were they not at the game?  Sit at home and watch on TV, too cheap to buy a tix, afraid of the weather you name it but the bottom line is if don't come then don't complain.

No disrespect Cheeseman, but I’m a season ticket holder for maaaany years who didn’t attend. I have 3 young sons that I take to the games....religiously. But some days you have to make the smart choice. Today we had a basketball game for one, a birthday party to go to for the other two, went to church, and decided the weather + fatigue of the kids was too much. We watched the game on tv and rooted our boys on. As much as I/we wanted to be there, sometimes it just isn’t feasible. I gave our tickets to a friend who did attend; to me, that was more than good enough.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:24 PM, SShoe said:

Totally agree.  This certainly happened with Majerus and we seem to be on a similar path with Ford. "Mr. Integrity" at Mizzou has a history of starting strong on the recruiting front only to fizzle out by years 3 or 4.  It's important for Ford to start generating wins and excitement here, or else our 2019/2020 classes will likely consist of more Jon Mannings and Jared Drews.  

If Mr. Integrity is CCM he's only remained 3 years at his first 3 stops. Tiger fans should probably not get too comfortable with him.

7 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I get a kick out of those bitching about the poor attendance tonight.  Why were they not at the game?  Sit at home and watch on TV, too cheap to buy a tix, afraid of the weather you name it but the bottom line is if don't come then don't complain.

I live on the east coast but I didn’t watch tonight.  It is hard to invest your time in a school’s basketball team that which the administration has no interest in preserving.  Just my take.

10 hours ago, cheeseman said:

With you 100%, Cheese.

10 hours ago, cheeseman said:

+100, you're right Cheese.

I wish I lived closer. I regret I only made it to 2 games this year, the Seattle game and the Davidson away game. I love watching this team play. I really appreciate this team playing with so much heart. Also, watching Goodwin and French get better with each game.