Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I put Tandy on the 2019 interest list because Ford watched him last night and because of his family ties in the area, but I think Detorrion Ware may have been the reason he watched University Heights and Christian County. Tandy's bio:

Dekeyvan 'Kyky' Tandy - SG, 6-2, 180 - Hopkinsville, KY (University Heights Academy) - Twitter: @TandyDekeyvan

Offers: Oklahoma, Iowa State, Florida, Tennessee, Cincinnati, WKU, New Mexico State.

Interest: SLU, Xavier, Creighton, Louisville, Wake Forest, Boston College, Michigan, K-State, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, Vanderbilt.

Latest News: Travis Ford and John Calipari watched Tandy score 33 in University Heights' win in the Region 2 finals. (3/6/18)

Scouting Report: Tandy is a very athletic high-volume scorer averaging 31.6 points per game as a junior. He scores on all three levels, using his strength and athleticism to get to the rim with ease and making his 3-pointers at a 45% rate. He's an excellent passer with great vision, and loves to run in transition. He is Rivals' 117th-ranked player in the class of 2019.

This is a no-brainer offer if Ford thinks we have a chance. This kid is an outstanding player. Shoots 45% from 3, throws down highlight reel dunks, brilliant passer. He's underrated at 117 in the 2019 class.

-let's get him, come on KyKy...Be a Billiken 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I put Tandy on the 2019 interest list because Ford watched him last night and because of his family ties in the area, but I think Detorrion Ware may have been the reason he watched University Heights and Christian County. Tandy's bio:

Dekeyvan 'Kyky' Tandy - SG, 6-2, 180 - Hopkinsville, KY (University Heights Academy) - Twitter: @TandyDekeyvan

Offers: Oklahoma, Iowa State, Florida, Tennessee, Cincinnati, WKU, New Mexico State.

Interest: SLU, Xavier, Creighton, Louisville, Wake Forest, Boston College, Michigan, K-State, Kentucky, South Carolina, LSU, Vanderbilt.

Latest News: Travis Ford and John Calipari watched Tandy score 33 in University Heights' win in the Region 2 finals. (3/6/18)

Scouting Report: Tandy is a very athletic high-volume scorer averaging 31.6 points per game as a junior. He scores on all three levels, using his strength and athleticism to get to the rim with ease and making his 3-pointers at a 45% rate. He's an excellent passer with great vision, and loves to run in transition. He is Rivals' 117th-ranked player in the class of 2019.

This is a no-brainer offer if Ford thinks we have a chance. This kid is an outstanding player. Shoots 45% from 3, throws down highlight reel dunks, brilliant passer. He's underrated at 117 in the 2019 class.

I like.  I hope he can handle the ball too. 

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-let's get him, come on KyKy...Be a Billiken 

21 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I like.  I hope he can handle the ball too. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up, if Kentucky is getting involved right now. He appears to have blown up this season and I'm sure it'll continue into AAU season.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, if Kentucky is getting involved right now. He appears to have blown up this season and I'm sure it'll continue into AAU season.

Agreed. We have shown we can recruit with the likes of Illinois and SPUMAC and Northwestern. 

We haven’t shown we can recruit with Duke, Kentucky, Etc. 

17 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Agreed. We have shown we can recruit with the likes of Illinois and SPUMAC and Northwestern. 

I get it, but doesn't mean we shouldn't offer and recruit still. 

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Theres also a Tandy that plays on wares high school team. 

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

If Tandy stays in the same range (100-125) ranking for his class, I doubt UK will be offering.  Hardly the quality Caliperi is signing

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Stream for tonight's St. Mary's-Vashon Game featuring 2019 recruits Yuri Collins and Mario McKinney, and 2020 recruits Cam'Ron Fletcher and Kobe Clark.

Also looking forward to the CBC vs Webster Groves game tomorrow. Never thought I'd get excited about high school basketball in my 30s. Should I feel ashamed? Although I guess there aren't any 2019 recruits in that game, are there? Love 2020, anyone else?

17 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Also looking forward to the CBC vs Webster Groves game tomorrow. Never thought I'd get excited about high school basketball in my 30s. Should I feel ashamed? Although I guess there aren't any 2019 recruits in that game, are there? Love 2020, anyone else?

If you find a group for folks with similar issues please pass along, my wife thanks you in advance. Josh Wallace is 2019, plays for CBC and with BBE, and a really nice athlete although I don't think he is a kid we would have interest in.

22 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

A long way to go, but Ray adams and Womack for webster, both juniors will/have d1 offers. all low offers and none from SLU, but things can change. 

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

A long way to go, but Ray adams and Womack for webster, both juniors will/have d1 offers. all low offers and none from SLU, but things can change. 

Thanks. It's a shame Bradford is no longer on the CBC squad.

My alma mater versus my school district. I may have to check this game out even though it's being played on the west coast. 

21 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

If you find a group for folks with similar issues please pass along, my wife thanks you in advance. Josh Wallace is 2019, plays for CBC and with BBE, and a really nice athlete although I don't think he is a kid we would have interest in.

That's right, forgot about Wallace. A 6'5 forward? Is that why he doesn't appear to have any offers yet (at least none showing on Rivals)?

15 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Tried to watch a couple minutes and realized how bad high school basketball can be 

Yeah, rough opening quarter, 14-14 after 1. Hopefully both teams loosen up a bit. I will say, both teams do a heck of a job getting their hands on the ball on the defensive end, so active and quick. Rasas with 2 fouls which could hurt.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Man McKinney is uber quick, but just a brutal shooter. If he doesn’t improve his shot he should look at programs like Arkansas or West Virginia where he can get after it on defense and play in transition.

Or he could just keep pretending to get fouled while he's bricking 3s, which he just pulled off like he was James Harden. I hate that.

This is ugly. St. Mary’s is clearly the better team if this stays primarily a half court game, but neither team is very good on offense in the half court. I think St. Mary’s has the horses to keep Vashon from getting easy points in transition, even when they have turned it over they have prevented Vashon from getting easy looks in transition. Both teams are just so quick and really good at diving in and deflecting balls.