Coaching Candidates

JMM28

I would caution people that insiders from the athletic department had no idea that Majerus was going to be hired and some of them even reached out to others saying it was a couple other coaches that they were close to making a deal with. My point is that sometimes the short list of people that have inside knowledge of what's actually going to happen is VERY short. AD's realize that there will almost always be leaks and sometimes a leak has no consequences and other times it can cause real problems. What certain staff members believe is going to happen, often times doesn't happen.

In regards to volfan, I think he probably does have inside information. However, we won't know how accurate that info really is though. He should not be discounted and personally I am grateful for his information.

I can also confirm Martin Ingelsby has interviewed and inside sources from ND say he is interested. However, being interviewed and showing interest doesn't always make the deal final.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do some posters on this board seem to run off every 'insider' we have? Volfan may be totally full of ######, but at least its fun to talk about. Every time anyone gives any information, the board finds every reason to figure out why they are full of it. There are confirmed insiders who used to post on here who never do anymore... I would much rather have those guys posting, even if one or two end up being completely full of ######.

There is a difference between running off someone that actually knows what he is talking about and somebody that is wrong more often than he is right.

I'm glad brianstl quoted those two volfan classics. He may have been right once on majerus being sick but has been wrong more often.

That being said it's clear he knows someone, he just doesn't know how to balance what he hears with the truth. For example, I suspect we have interviewed some assistants, but it's pretty clear at this point we are waiting on Drew before any other offers are being made.

So here's the deal. Mums the word on any candidates. If volfan is posting names here and they are true I'm almost positive May/Oberle already know who told volfan and that person is already in trouble.

This is the most accurate statement made today. I do not believe the assistants to the AD are even in the loop.

Volfan I hope you're right, because 1 out of Ingelsby, Caputo, Payne, and Boals gets a pretty solid option. Payne is making bank at UK though. We're talking around Crews' salary to be an assistant.

But if you're wrong and this is just you messing with us, I will not be pleased.

So one of those 4 Asst. were offered the SLU job and have not accepted. Well I got some good ole Sunshine Swamp Land here to sell somebody!

Believe what you want, I'm just passing along the info

Here is the problem. You think you have passed on information but really you have passed on nothing. It could be this guy or that guy or who do you think it is. Maybe you know something and maybe you don't either way, you have not helped the discussion by how you have approached it. If your sources do not want you to divulge the name then you should not have said anything out of respect for them. When I came on the board 10-12 weeks ago and said that Crews was going to be fired and that donors had ponied up the money to buy him out at the end of the year from my sources, as least it was helpful info - everybody then knew Crews was gone - now who told me was irrelevant. Nobody is running anybody off just when info is passed on it should be helpful to the situation no a I know something you don't nah nah nah nah nah. At this point we might as well wait it out.

We should get a betting pool going...

Ingelsby- 2:1

Drew- 3:1

Ford- 4.5:1

Dooley- 5:1

Caputo- 7:1

Rice- 7:1

Boals- 10:1

Payne- 10:1

Grant- 10:1

Diener- 1000:1

Crews- 1,000,000:1

I got $5 on Diener Toot Toot.

A private jet belonging to Dr. Chaifetz landed in KC and I used the app Uber Snooper to ascertain that he took an Uber to Rockhurst campus about 1513. The most shocking thing to me is that he used Uber Pool! The buy out must've wiped out his Scrooge McDuck like stock piles of $.

Why doesnt volfan send his names to an unimpeachable, solid, stand up guy....Slu Sign Guy or one of the other moderators of this Board. We all trust him, and I believe he would confirm, when our coach is named, if it is indeed the person volfan has named. He would not 'give him up' to the administrative authorities. If it is not the name, he would not be able to claim said coach as his man.

Put up, or shut up.

Show me.

mhg

Ok

Why doesnt volfan send his names to an unimpeachable, solid, stand up guy....Slu Sign Guy or one of the other moderators of this Board. We all trust him, and I believe he would confirm, when our coach is named, if it is indeed the person volfan has named. He would not 'give him up' to the administrative authorities. If it is not the name, he would not be able to claim said coach as his man.

Put up, or shut up.

Show me.

mhg

So "he" has not accepted. So it's definitely been offered to a man. Probably one with college coaching experience. Now we're narrowing it down.

Actaully, my sources say we're not going to the college head coaching well. Instead, we have a $5 million offer out to Thibodeau.