Coaching Candidates

JMM28

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would caution people that insiders from the athletic department had no idea that Majerus was going to be hired and some of them even reached out to others saying it was a couple other coaches that they were close to making a deal with. My point is that sometimes the short list of people that have inside knowledge of what's actually going to happen is VERY short. AD's realize that there will almost always be leaks and sometimes a leak has no consequences and other times it can cause real problems. What certain staff members believe is going to happen, often times doesn't happen.

In regards to volfan, I think he probably does have inside information. However, we won't know how accurate that info really is though. He should not be discounted and personally I am grateful for his information.

I can also confirm Martin Ingelsby has interviewed and inside sources from ND say he is interested. However, being interviewed and showing interest doesn't always make the deal final.

volfan is a billiken hater who has lurked around this board for years by various names. He has absolutely no inside information and nothing he says should be given any credibility whatsoever.

Why do some posters on this board seem to run off every 'insider' we have? Volfan may be totally full of ######, but at least its fun to talk about. Every time anyone gives any information, the board finds every reason to figure out why they are full of it. There are confirmed insiders who used to post on here who never do anymore... I would much rather have those guys posting, even if one or two end up being completely full of ######.

Agree 100 percent West Coast.

volfan is a billiken hater who has lurked around this board for years by various names. He has absolutely no inside information and nothing he says should be given any credibility whatsoever.

Part about an assistant just leaving our offer out there without accepting doesn't hold a lot of water for me

Part about an assistant just leaving our offer out there without accepting doesn't hold a lot of water for me

Depending on the timing of the offer, I could understand some amount of time with the offer being out there. Basically long enough to go back home, definitively talk about a major life decision with their wife, talk to their boss, etc. No more than a day though.

My insiders tell me its going to be a basketball coach, who can talk to kids, and who we all will be pleased with. It will be a male, who likes puppies and lollipops. He has accepted the offer, but I cannot reveal the name otherwise my insiders will be mad at me. Does this match with what you are hearing Volfan?

No he does not like puppies or lollipops. You guys Have been saying the coaches name who was offered in multiple threads now.

My insiders tell me its going to be a basketball coach, who can talk to kids, and who we all will be pleased with. It will be a male, who likes puppies and lollipops. He has accepted the offer, but I cannot reveal the name otherwise my insiders will be mad at me. Does this match with what you are hearing Volfan?

No he does not like puppies or lollipops. You guys Have been saying the coaches name who was offered in multiple threads now.

That's hardly surprising.

And I don't care about lollipops, but for me, he DOES have to like puppies.

My insider, John Mitchell, told me the Drew Bryce was going to accept a $1.35 M offer, but then he read this board, was offended and called it off.

The idea that anyone could defend Jim Crews and Jim Platt's abysmal record must have really shocked him.