Jump to content

WELCOME HEAD COACH JOSH SCHERTZ!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/13/2024 at 1:29 PM, brianstl said:

They can even get paid for the use of their name, image and likeness back home during the season.  Just the whole transaction needs to take place in the other country. Say a kid from Australia is getting paid by an Australian company for the use of his NIL back home and the check is deposited in the kid’s Australian bank account, that wouldn’t violate his visa.  He just can’t be doing work in the US for that money.

Not if the student-athlete is physically present in the United States, no.  The location of the transaction, employer is irrelevant.  Pay them in the off season when they return to Melbourne.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WUH said:

Not if the student-athlete is physically present in the United States, no.  The location of the transaction, employer is irrelevant.  Pay them in the off season when they return to Melbourne.

it is legal if the student is not actively working for the money. Student visa holders can legally earn royalties and passive income while in school.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

it is legal if the student is not actively working for the money. Student visa holders can legally earn royalties and passive income while in school.

Then why did you set up your hypothetical as a student being paid by a foreign company through a foreign bank account?

Can the same student get paid for the use of his NIL by a St. Charles realtor using his US Bank account, for example?

The answer is that its complicated and immigration has never weighed in on NIL other than to acknowledge that it was a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sayin' , just sayin'...

Schertz throws out first pitch,  Cardinals win

He does the coin flip for City Soccer , they win👀

TRN, Lord Elrond and Billikitty7 like this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, willie said:

Assuming this article is acurate Schertz's hiring wasn't the done deal we all believed.  

I feel like there is maybe a little creative over-emphasizing on the uncertainty he had regarding SLU at the beginning and the value that he got out of him and May talking every day for the next few weeks. It's a smart thing to do because it makes him look like there was a larger chance he was going back to ISU and it makes Chris May look good. It's a win/win for him to cast it this way and all coaches are good salesmen.

I'm more inclined to believe that when Trilly and all the national media guys said it was close to a done deal shortly after they didn't make the dance, it was really done at that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, willie said:

Assuming this article is acurate Schertz's hiring wasn't the done deal we all believed.  

In the interview with Cusumano Schertz said he made his decision after the Utah game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

Has anyone tried to register for this?
 

I have emailed info et al and have yet to get a reply.

They don't have the event listed on the BVF website or any posts about on their Instagram account either.  So if you aren't on X and following their X account, you don't know this event is happening.  I guess that doesn't matter if they are not getting back to people about how to attend.

If BVF was a real business, it would have went bankrupt because of incompetency. 

It does look like they are getting ready to role out a tier membership program, finally, that gets you different stuff depending on the donation.  Hopefully when it goes live it will have a recurring donation option to encourage more people to join the different tiers by spreading out the payments.  That would ultimately raise a lot more money.  You can't get to it through the website yet, but you can see what it looks like now by clicking this direct link:

https://billikenvictoryfund.com/store-w%2Ffans/ols/products

mechee89 likes this
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They don't have the event listed on the BVF website or any posts about on their Instagram account either.  So if you aren't on X and following their X account, you don't know this event is happening.  I guess that doesn't matter if they are not getting back to people about how to attend.

If BVF was a real business, it would have went bankrupt because of incompetency. 

It does look like they are getting ready to role out a tier membership program, finally, that gets you different stuff depending on the donation.  Hopefully when it goes live it will have a recurring donation option to encourage more people to join the different tiers by spreading out the payments.  That would ultimately raise a lot more money.  You can't get to it through the website yet, but you can see what it looks like now by clicking this direct link:

https://billikenvictoryfund.com/store-w%2Ffans/ols/products

I got a direct email regarding the event asking for RSVP.  Perhaps there was a minimum donation necessary.

It was my first time donating. I donated the day Schertz was hired.

So they got back to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I got a direct email regarding the event asking for RSVP.  Perhaps there was a minimum donation necessary.

It was my first time donating. I donated the day Schertz was hired.

So they got back to me.

It seems like they only sent to previous donors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheA_Bomb said:

I got a direct email regarding the event asking for RSVP.  Perhaps there was a minimum donation necessary.

It was my first time donating.

Everyone has been asked to RSVP. Did you attempt to RSVP and receive a confirmation back?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Everyone has been asked to RSVP. Did you attempt to RSVP and receive a confirmation back?

 

The invitation said season ticket holders and BVF donors. 
This thing has been a PR nightmare from the beginning.

i don’t tweet or social media. This board is basically my window to the Bill’s fan community. 
 

Very frustrating. I was going to bring my checkbook.

Im done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Everyone has been asked to RSVP. Did you attempt to RSVP and receive a confirmation back?

 

I can't go, so I didn't respond. 

The email had all the details necessary to attend except attire.  So I'm not sure what's the problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

The invitation said season ticket holders and BVF donors. 
This thing has been a PR nightmare from the beginning.

i don’t tweet or social media. This board is basically my window to the Bill’s fan community. 
 

Very frustrating. I was going to bring my checkbook.

Im done

What's a PR nightmare? 

Did you get an email or just see the X post on the message board? 

I don't use X (Twitter) either but my understanding from that X post (in this thread) and the email, it gives me the 5Ws.  If you want to go send a RSVP to the email address given then go.

Who: Donors/Season Tix holders

What: BVF event with Coach Schertz

When: 16 April 5-6:30PM

Where: MAC West

Why: Coach will outline vision for SLU and NIL

RSVP to [email protected]

Seems Straightforward to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...