Just now, Old guy said:

Sure he was a great salesman, but he item he really excelled at selling was himself. Travis was very good selling Travis, the rest was empty promises.

Nice post OG, watch your back or the Shaner will be coming after you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

TJ’s gone. No eligibility. 

Sorry not sure how that got posted now.  Just meant to post. Yell friends and family  to buy season tickets now. It's like a hot stock tip. 

The Indy article implied 4 of Schertz’ ISU players would be in Billiken Blue next year. I’d guess Schertz made that part of his deal. Elsewise, he’d be starting from scratch having to teach the holdovers and any new transfers his schemes. If he’s bringing  4 of his guys it makes implementing his system a lot easier. 

2 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

Sorry not sure how that got posted now.  Just meant to post. Yell friends and family  to buy season tickets now. It's like a hot stock tip. 

I was just going to ask if they’re currently taking season ticket requests. Once the hire is announced they need to promote season tickets sales.

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

TRN who is the Shaner?

Travis’s son Shane, the one with burner Twitter accounts during the season telling anyone against his dad that they don’t know ball.

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Sure he was a great salesman, but he item he really excelled at selling was himself. Travis was very good selling Travis, the rest was empty promises.

Right on Old Guy, he’s the kind of guy who wears gold chains and thinks he’s a movie star.

Old guy likes this

10 hours ago, willie said:

I was told 2 months ago that they were comfortable with their NIL for next year. 

Why do you think "they" would tell you any different?  Were you about to donate $100k and "they" said "nah were good"?

I am curious as to the current state of transfer rules in terms of if or how many ISU kids will transfer with Schertz.  If you recall, we have quite a few JUCO transfers over time because we didn't have a PE major and therefore JUCOs with PE AA degrees were having a hard time getting in.  Does stuff like that still apply?  Anybody know what the ISU majors are?  Or has that gone the way of sit-out transfers and APR rates?  

20 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I am curious as to the current state of transfer rules in terms of if or how many ISU kids will transfer with Schertz.  If you recall, we have quite a few JUCO transfers over time because we didn't have a PE major and therefore JUCOs with PE AA degrees were having a hard time getting in.  Does stuff like that still apply?  Anybody know what the ISU majors are?  Or has that gone the way of sit-out transfers and APR rates?  

SLU's got things like "sports management" and I think someone majored in "general studies" at some point.

48 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

ISU, decades ago, was primarily a teacher's college.  They have expanded significantly, and while not a 'national brand' have a decent Criminology Department, and a growing Construction Business Management department.  They also have the typical degrees you will find at many state colleges, such as nursing, teaching, psychology and general liberal arts (and the ever necessary Spots and Fitness administration). Larry Bird's degree was in PE.

I have no idea in what area their players are majoring.

1 hour ago, TRN said:

Travis’s son Shane, the one with burner Twitter accounts during the season telling anyone against his dad that they don’t know ball.

Don't worry about that TRN. Most of the people in this board know that I really do not know basketball. I admit freely that I know a lot about some things and very little about other things. Basketball is one of those things I do not much about. My wife is the true SLU basketball fan in the family and has 3 degrees from SLU.

almaman likes this