• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Brighton said:

He should’ve stopped at “I don’t know much about the situation”.

I loved reading Bernie when he wrote for the post.  I would read him every morning before heading off to elementary school. He was great. 

Now he is just an old curmudgeon. I can’t listen to his drivel for more than 5 minutes.

The 

AGB91 likes this

2 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Ross needs to log off until it’s officially official. No need to poke the beehive. 

The post was deleted but they're mad at the Steak & Shake in Terre Haute, IN tonight because despite their AOL dial up it loaded before he deleted.

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The post was deleted but they're mad at the Steak & Shake in Terre Haute, IN tonight because despite their AOL dial up it loaded before he deleted.

Definitely a bad week to be a Bud Ice in Terre Haute. 

cgeldmacher likes this

16 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Definitely a bad week to be a Bud Ice in Terre Haute. 

LOL. They had a poster who was telling other fans to be on the lookout for Ross and Doc at the game.  

52 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

They sure are bitter on that board. I'm not gonna absorb that bitterness. We have been suffering enough over here in St Louis. Josh Schertz is gonna be beloved here. Winning has a tendency to do that!

I hope they land another slam dunk coach in terre haute!

They should try hiring Ford or Jim Crews if they want to know true hopelessness and suffering.

Edit: we also had Romar poached by Washington back in the day. I was mad as hell. Got over it. He sent us some great video acknowledgments from when his former players were honored and stuff. He would still get a nice ovation here in STL if he makes a retirement stop. It's not the same as when the players go now too, sure, but still.

2 hours ago, dlarry said:

I loved reading Bernie when he wrote for the post.  I would read him every morning before heading off to elementary school. He was great. 

Now he is just an old curmudgeon. I can’t listen to his drivel for more than 5 minutes.

The 

oh 2 b young again. He was intolerable for us adults then & @ least for me still so.

I had only seen some bits of ISU games and highlights until last night. Very fun offense - great spacing and they share the ball. I would like for Gibby to return and play for Schertz. His efficiency was predictably down this past year without Yuri, but put him on a team with a lot of good passers and with other scorers so he won't have to carry the load, and I think he would thrive. I also think Schertz would enjoy coaching him.

The team defense did look soft at times, however, so Coach Schertz will need to add a couple of bulldogs who want to play D. 

I entered the game wanting them to lose, but when they got down, I started finding myself rooting for them. It would have been a bad way to end the season losing that first game. But now I really want it to end this weekend. Hoping they lose, so the new coach can start getting to work!

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

I had only seen some bits of ISU games and highlights until last night. Very fun offense - great spacing and they share the ball. I would like for Gibby to return and play for Schertz. His efficiency was predictably down this past year without Yuri, but put him on a team with a lot of good passers and with other scorers so he won't have to carry the load, and I think he would thrive. I also think Schertz would enjoy coaching him.

The team defense did look soft at times, however, so Coach Schertz will need to add a couple of bulldogs who want to play D. 

I entered the game wanting them to lose, but when they got down, I started finding myself rooting for them. It would have been a bad way to end the season losing that first game. But now I really want it to end this weekend. Hoping they lose, so the new coach can start getting to work!

They are fun. i was yelling at the TV for the first time in a long time(well something other than "fire this guy now")

Magic can go on for a little more. i hate the big 10. take 'em down.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

This.  Despite my concerns about Schertz's actual resume, I think he understands and coaches the game well.  I would love to see Gibby in his system and see what happens.

SMU fired their coach after only his 2nd year improving from 10 wins last year to 20 this year.  Word is they're looking to bring in a big name prior to entering the ACC.  They got the $$.

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I wonder if ol' Josh Schertz saw any players he likes.  Good chance they will portal.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

SMU fired their coach after only his 2nd year improving from 10 wins last year to 20 this year.  Word is they're looking to bring in a big name prior to entering the ACC.  They got the $$.

Anyway, I'm posting this here because I wonder if ol' Josh Schertz saw any players he likes.  Good chance they will portal.

HOPE SMU DIDN'T C COACH THEY LIKED :(

slu72 likes this

On 3/21/2024 at 9:56 PM, almaman said:

HOPE SMU DIDN'T C COACH THEY LIKED :(

I share your concern. The longer this hunt goes on and the more P6 openings occur Schertz’s options will increase. Again, I hope we have plans B, C, and D. We all want Plan A but we better be exploring other options. 

8 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well he is still their coach.  Now if this means more then I hope SLU is not sitting on their hands

This. The man is a professional. Would I be checked out and looking ahead or my new job? Hell ya I would, that’s why I’m not where Josh Schertz is.  

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This. The man is a professional. Would I be checked out and looking ahead or my new job? Hell ya I would, that’s why I’m not where Josh Schertz is.  

I wondered why you didn’t have a D1 gig somewhere.

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Exactly. You do the job you’re currently doing. Just like Travis Ford spoke with the media, including his “I Have a Plan” interview with Kilcoyne, talking about NIL, recruiting, etc, even after he was informed that he was being fired. Heck, I think he  talked about recruiting on his Sunday morning radio hit after he had cleaned out his office.