Mass Exiting?

36 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

bye bye everybody except Medley (who can be our backup PG) 

Why would Medley stay?  Especially if, as you say, he goes from starting PG to backup PG.  His coach, who has put two PG in the NBA, is gone. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Why would Medley stay?  Especially if, as you say, he goes from starting PG to backup PG.  His coach, who has put two PG in the NBA, is gone. 

Yep. You're right about one thing, HoosierPal. CTF is indeed gone.

18 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I tend to agree on why would he stay.  But one factor that could keep him is the fact he could play for an actual coach.  That has to be tempting. 

35 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I tend to agree on why would he stay.  But one factor that could keep him is the fact he could play for an actual coach.  That has to be tempting. 

Please explain the underlined? 

Your 'actual coach' would/could define about 350 coaches in the NCAA.  Coaches with players in the NBA are a smaller subset.  

18 minutes ago, TRN said:

I’m not going to lie….when I saw this thread’s title, I thought you were going to call me out for leaving Mass early after communion.

I thought it was another thread about UMass leaving the A10.

52 minutes ago, TRN said:

I’m not going to lie….when I saw this thread’s title, I thought you were going to call me out for leaving Mass early after communion.

Go do three hail Mary's and one our father you heathen.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Verbal Commits has 133 already listed in the portal.  The portal doesn't 'officially open' until Monday.  The official window is kind of meaningless, as the open portal is when they can enter their name into the portal without penalty, whatever that now means.

For conversation, why wouldn't Jimerson want to pretty much get a 'guarantee' to play in the NCAA tourney by transferring up.  New coaches in the A10 don't have a great history of making the tourney in year one.  Does Chaifetz discuss a post-basketball job with one of his companies in order to keep him here?  Does he  want to stay to break Bonner's record?  Does Jimerson's girlfriend provide the deciding answer?

Why would Medley stay?  The coach and staff who recruited him are gone.  The PG coach who has 2 PG in the NBA and one on the cusp is gone. He is a long way from home.

Why would Parker stay?  As with Gibson, do you go for a higher chance of the NCAA?  Will Parker get an NIL offer here that is better than other offers?

Foreign players:  Who knows.  Four players, four stories.  I'll put my marker on 2 stay and 2 go. 

Jimerson is in a very serious relationship with a girl from the STL. Could be getting engaged this summer, I don't think he will want to leave. 

willie likes this

3 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

Jimerson is in a very serious relationship with a girl from the STL. Could be getting engaged this summer, I don't think he will want to leave. 

Hes the one making a few hundred grand a year, maybe she leaves with him ..

HoosierPal likes this

best of luck to all them wherever they end. will follow them all. I think there is some unwarranted hate for Sincere. Came here with with Perkins like past. had same bad luck with injuries, MBM all luv Perkins, rightly so & Parker kept trying as much as anyone could imo.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

that's what he can accomplish by scooting outadalou, only he gets to choose actual coach not CM :)

40 minutes ago, almaman said:

best of luck to all them wherever they end. will follow them all. I think there is some unwarranted hate for Sincere. Came here with with Perkins like past. had same bad luck with injuries, MBM all luv Perkins, rightly so & Parker kept trying as much as anyone could imo.

Well seems Parker tried on the offensive side of the court.  Given the athleticism he showed on offense, I would think he could be a hell of a defensive player if the new coach could convince him to focus on that side of his game.

1 hour ago, The Valley Sucks said:

Sounds like she’s the best recruiter we’ve had in the past few years.

Did you guys not watch this season? One of the worst defensive teams in all of college basketball!  Hughes will stay for obvious reasons.  I’d like to see Thames stay because he has the ability to be a really good college player under the right coach/system.  Not for sure about all the conjecture around Jimerson.. everyone else, we need some serious upgrades…

I’d keep Medley hoping to get an upgrade in the portal and he can be the backup as he was intended to be this year. SVB can stay because you always need a banger and the 5 extra fouls that comes with it. You can count on SVB to give 100% effort at all times. Which brings us to Eziwero because I’m not sure you’ll get the same thing. Just from observation, it looks like an adjustment to the attitude is in order.

I like Curcic’s fire and shooting but can’t see him being a starter at any point. Zhang is playing at the wrong level. He’s a low D-1 player, if that, more like D-2. Has a few post moves but just way too weak.

Definitely hope Thames and Hughes stay. Parker, too, if he wants to but that appears to be in serious doubt.