Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think there might be something going on with a D2 kid.

I don't know what role they would play but I don't hate going the D2 route for end of the bench depth. In the age of NIL, you can definitely find a lot of value in players who are used to potentially paying partial tuition by offering a full scholarship. 

Schertz was in agreement with Slaten in his interview that the big difference in D1 vs D2 are the bigs.  He said the guard play is very similar.  I can see him identifying a player that is a wing in D2 and bringing him in.  He’s done it before, and it would be cheap (NIL wise).

1 minute ago, TRN said:

Schertz was in agreement with Slaten in his interview that the big difference in D1 vs D2 are the bigs.  He said the guard play is very similar.  I can see him identifying a player that is a wing in D2 and bringing him in.  He’s done it before, and it would be cheap (NIL wise).

Slaten definitely would like to think that his son was good enough to play D1. 

I kind of disagree, I actually think a lot of the upper class D2 bigs can be very serviceable at the D1 level at least in the Forrester, Foreman, Anthony role. 

Regardless of Slaten’s reason for asking the question, Schertz stated that there are plenty of players from D2 that can play D1.  He should know after coaching there for 12 years.  And I agree that there are bigs that can do it, too. 

17 minutes ago, TRN said:

Regardless of Slaten’s reason for asking the question, Schertz stated that there are plenty of players from D2 that can play D1.  He should know after coaching there for 12 years.  And I agree that there are bigs that can do it, too. 

I had to throw a stray at Slaten, because eff that guy.

I fully trust Schertz, my opinion is that of an MBM and I’m sticking to it. But I’m behind whatever Schertz wants to do until he gives a reason to be skeptical. 

51 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Slaten definitely would like to think that his son was good enough to play D1. 

I kind of disagree, I actually think a lot of the upper class D2 bigs can be very serviceable at the D1 level at least in the Forrester, Foreman, Anthony role. 

I think it's kind of a slight to Foreman to add him to that group.  He was a starter more often than not.......also interesting that your examples are all power 6 transfers.  Any of those guys playing D2 are potentially all conference wunderkind........

4 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I think it's kind of a slight to Foreman to add him to that group.  He was a starter more often than not.......also interesting that your examples are all power 6 transfers.  Any of those guys playing D2 are potentially all conference wunderkind........

That's fair. I honestly forgot that Ford once played two bigs at once. lol

Billiken Rich likes this

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That's fair. I honestly forgot that Ford once played two bigs at once. lol

He actually did it more than a lot of people think: Often did it with Bell and French and with French and Gordon (during his brief run) and after Gordon departed, he typically did it with Foreman and French.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I believe he and Gordon are now tied for number of schools attended. I guess Jimmy Bell is in that group too. 

He’s up to school number 4, right? I think I lost track…

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Quite an itinerary ….. Memphis to St. Louis to Hampton to Wyoming.  Just another lost soul in the college basketball mercenary world.

I wonder if his wife and child will take to Wyoming.