Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Slufan10 said:

Cam'Ron Fletcher just entered the portal. Would love to have him!! Also Davion Bradford and Mario McKinney Jr. are in the portal.

SLU could assemble an entire lineup of local guys that we really wanted at one point, but at this point probably don't want.  Lol.

Zink and Compton like this

5 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank also said SLU is looking at Liam Campbell. Looks like he is a high school player who committed to USC, but it looking for a new school after the coaching change there.

He is a top 100 player and a shooter. 6'4" from Idaho. 

Roddie Anderson--believe someone earlier in this thread questioned whether he's an offensive liability...

--His 16 ppg in conference play led all freshman in the Big West when he played for UC San Diego.

--He scored 14 vs. Colorado in the NCAAs

--He scored at least 10 points in Boise's final 3 games and averaged 8 ppg across the final 13 games this season.

--His best performance came in a ranked win at San Diego State, 16 points. He also had 6 rebs, 3 assists and 2 steals.

Saint Louis transfer Bruce Zhang has received interest from the following programs: Seattle, Portland, Wright State, Miami (OH,) Marist, Montana, Western Kentucky, North Alabama, Chattanooga, New Orleans, Liberty, Bradley, UMass.

3 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Roddie Anderson--believe someone earlier in this thread questioned whether he's an offensive liability...

--His 16 ppg in conference play led all freshman in the Big West when he played for UC San Diego.

--He scored 14 vs. Colorado in the NCAAs

--He scored at least 10 points in Boise's final 3 games and averaged 8 ppg across the final 13 games this season.

--His best performance came in a ranked win at San Diego State, 16 points. He also had 6 rebs, 3 assists and 2 steals.

That was probably me.

First,  I agree with you ...he was a scorer...He was 2nd on the team at UCSD with 13.1pts /gm  2 yrs ago.  The problem was he was an inefficient scorer. This shows up in the report card where he had F- in FG%, 2P% and  3P% .  He had a B- in FTs. This was a full sample size too in every category.  When you are the 2nd leading scorer on a team and  have an F- card , it shows that their is something wrong.   That something reared it's head on the UCSD final record of 10-20.

So UCSD was 2 yrs ago. What about his time at  Boise St last year ...they were 22-11.  Again he finished with F- again across the board including FTs.  His numbers were actually worse across the board. The difference  though every category was a small sample size...which means he shot a lot less in every category. He averaged only 6.5pts/gm. ...less than half his previous year.  He was the 5th leading scorer not even close to #4. He did less damage to BSU than UCSD and they were able to win.

Bottom line....In the earlier post in this thread , I asked the computer if it would take this guy and it said yes...as a bench player ...10th- 13th spot. The computer is a cold calculating machine that only looks at data (although that is starting to change)...It thinks taking him as a bench player is OK.   From a people point of view , nobody goes into the portal to be a 10-13th player. I would pass on this guy. The last 2 years ISU was number 1  ITN in 2P%.  You don't get there by taking F- shooters.

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Wiz, what does.the computer think of KyKy Tandy, who is said to be coming for a visit?

Ky2 is a 6th year player. His 1st 4 years were at Xavier ...last year at Jacksonville St.  Of the first 5 years,  there was only 1 stat that was a full data set...That was 3P shooting  in his 1st year (2019-20) where he got a B. The grades on the report card below represent only his last year (23-24) at Jax St where he had a full data set on everything.

The computer answers ...1) yes it would take him... 2) Maybe he could be a good player on a Schertz team if he could fix a couple of things.

Let's look at the report card...

D- / F / A+ / A+ 47th ITN....FG/ 2P/3P/ FT...The drag here is 2P shooting affecting FG & 2P grades. The good news is the computer thinks it is fixable......IF he takes his 2s closer in and takes fewer 2P shots. These things should happen in a Schertz system.  Computer says he could project out as a B 2P shooter if he is able to adapt to the system.

The other issue of concern is TOs...more specifically the Ast/TO ratio.  If you score out at a 1.0 it means your asts are equal to your TO's.   A 1.06 ratio grades out as a C.  He has a grade of F-...ie 0.61.  Some call this a negative ratio meaning more TOs than asts. ...in this case almost 2-1 in the wrong direction. Again the good news is that the computer thinks this too is fixable.  Under a Schertz system he should be able to get more asts and also cut down on TOs because it is more disciplined system...players aren't on their own as much.   The computer shows if he is able to adapt  his upside is to B (1.25)  where he would be successful and C as a minimum to be acceptable (1.06).

Bottom line...If he he fixes 1 of the 2 items above he can be a good player...if he fixes both  he could be a great player on this team.  The computer gives him a thumbs up.

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

That was probably me.

First,  I agree with you ...he was a scorer...He was 2nd on the team at UCSD with 13.1pts /gm  2 yrs ago.  The problem was he was an inefficient scorer. This shows up in the report card where he had F- in FG%, 2P% and  3P% .  He had a B- in FTs. This was a full sample size too in every category.  When you are the 2nd leading scorer on a team and  have an F- card , it shows that their is something wrong.   That something reared it's head on the UCSD final record of 10-20.

So UCSD was 2 yrs ago. What about his time at  Boise St last year ...they were 22-11.  Again he finished with F- again across the board including FTs.  His numbers were actually worse across the board. The difference  though every category was a small sample size...which means he shot a lot less in every category. He averaged only 6.5pts/gm. ...less than half his previous year.  He was the 5th leading scorer not even close to #4. He did less damage to BSU than UCSD and they were able to win.

Bottom line....In the earlier post in this thread , I asked the computer if it would take this guy and it said yes...as a bench player ...10th- 13th spot. The computer is a cold calculating machine that only looks at data (although that is starting to change)...It thinks taking him as a bench player is OK.   From a people point of view , nobody goes into the portal to be a 10-13th player. I would pass on this guy. The last 2 years ISU was number 1  ITN in 2P%.  You don't get there by taking F- shooters.

Wiz, actually it was someone else but they may have based it on your analysis....don't question the computer and lack of offensive efficiency in his game. Two intangibles though:

1. He was only a freshman and sophomore, a time when most ride the bench

2. He performs best in big games -- conference games, late season games, games vs. ranked opponents and big dance. 

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Wiz, actually it was someone else but they may have based it on your analysis....don't question the computer and lack of offensive efficiency in his game. Two intangibles though:

1. He was only a freshman and sophomore, a time when most ride the bench

2. He performs best in big games -- conference games, late season games, games vs. ranked opponents and big dance. 

Was me, and if its between Roddie and Kyky I'm taking Kyky. Kyky is a good offensive and defensive player.  Roddie is more of just a defensive player. If Kyky's defense wasn't as good as it is, I'd be ok with going with either. 

15 hours ago, Speyburn said:

Saint Louis transfer Bruce Zhang has received interest from the following programs: Seattle, Portland, Wright State, Miami (OH,) Marist, Montana, Western Kentucky, North Alabama, Chattanooga, New Orleans, Liberty, Bradley, UMass.

for a brief second my brain read 'Kentucky'..... wow

Aquinas likes this

On 4/30/2024 at 2:28 PM, RUBillsFan said:

SLU could assemble an entire lineup of local guys that we really wanted at one point, but at this point probably don't want.  Lol.

I never wanted him and not sure SLU ever did.

AGB91 likes this

Love the idea of getting a four star high school kid that had chosen USC.  Here is an excerpt from a MaxPreps article:

Liam Campbell of Owyhee (Meridian) is the 2023-24 Idaho MaxPreps Player of the Year. The 6-foot-4 senior guard led the Storm to a 24-3 record and the program's second state championship in the past three seasons.

Campbell averaged 16.8 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists per contest while shooting 49.1 percent from the field, 40.5 percent from three-point range and 85.7 percent from the free throw line. All three of Owyhee's losses came against out-of-state opponents.