Transfers - 2024

ACE

4 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Looks like Kent committed to Texas and won’t be visiting this week after all.

Tool!

I think the fact that we were scheduling recruiting visits with several 4s was a sign.

I'm really intrigued by the kid from Wyoming.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad about Kent.  Texas also signed Tramon Mark from Arky who seems like a similar player maybe Kent is more of a SF and Mark a SG.

Good sign that Larry didn't also commit, but I think Texas is holding out for Pope from OSU.

So if one of the other Texas schools like SMU doesn't make a play maybe SLU can get Larry on campus.  We need PGs.

16 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Manyawu is visiting tomorrow.

Hopefully we get a commitment tomorrow and he can go ahead and cancel that visit to Drake. He had 5 double digit rebounding games in his last 9 games.

Just now, laker119 said:

Gimme Avila and swope from the tree contingent and I’ll be fine.  I didn’t think Larry was high level big 12 calibre tbh

Or is Texas in the SEC next year?  I’m losing track.  But the point still stands 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Too bad about Kent.  Texas also signed Tramon Mark from Arky who seems like a similar player maybe Kent is more of a SF and Mark a SG.

Good sign that Larry didn't also commit, but I think Texas is holding out for Pope from OSU.

So if one of the other Texas schools like SMU doesn't make a play maybe SLU can get Larry on campus.  We need PGs.

Mark is a SG.  He can score a ton but takes games off.  

24 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Gimme Avila and swope from the tree contingent and I’ll be fine.  I didn’t think Larry was high level big 12 calibre tbh

From the start, the 2 I wanted were Avila and Conwell.  I’m guessing Conwell will go to a Big Ten school. Give us Robbie and Swope and that is good.  

People can’t say we poached the ISU roster.  I think Schertz will actually have better players than the starting ISU 5 next year.  I’m pretty sure he can coach them up.

CenHudDude likes this

45 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

Well crap

Larry was not expected, so not a big deal - but Kent was.

Is it still hard work being a Billiken fan? 

The rumor of 3 seems unlikely. Get Cream! If it drags on beyond Thursday, that would be a bad sign.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Larry was not expected, so not a big deal - but Kent was.

Is it still hard work being a Billiken fan? 

The rumor of 3 seems unlikely. Get Cream! If it drags on beyond Thursday, that would be a bad sign.

I have high confidence that Schertz will find players to fit his system and coach them.  It’s good these kids are getting paid because of the results from his system.  It will make others want to be part of it.  

And, once former players go to Texas and play for a lesser coach and their stats drop, it will show how good Schertz is.

Aquinas likes this

On 4/9/2024 at 2:49 PM, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

• Avila is 99% a Billiken
  • Expect 3-4 of ISU’s starters to be Billiken locks, with potential for more
  • Strong mutual desire for Gibson and Larry to stay and be strong parts of the rotation, with heavy playcalling revolving around Gibson
  • Strong interest in Turnbull (appears mutual)
  • Christian Nitu out of Canada looking very positive

Bump for the bedwetters

2 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

I really feel like Texas is going to find out these are good players.  But in the wrong system they’ll be average to better than average and that’s about it.   Good luck to them and I hope they made a ton of money.  

cgeldmacher likes this

8 hours ago, Brighton said:

Bump for the bedwetters

Looks like we'll get 2 ISU starters tops plus Gibson. Not exactly the most accurate post.

But I am loving the other guys we are targeting. 

8 hours ago, Slowry said:

I really feel like Texas is going to find out these are good players.  But in the wrong system they’ll be average to better than average and that’s about it.   Good luck to them and I hope they made a ton of money.  

Rodney Terry is a likeable dude and he got to the Elite 8 in his interim year and was awarded the job.  He's never won significantly at any other HC stop, sound familiar? I've been worried he's Texas Crews since he was hired.  Many Texas fans question his coaching.  They were just so inconsistent last season.  

I can't tell yet if Terry has a coherent offensive system and defensive scheme.  These guys might not perform optimally like in Schertz's system.  It's really hard to beat Texas when they get someone on campus for a visit.

If the majority of the team came over then I was thinking NCAA bid.  With a lot of new pieces that's less certain. But I'm hopeful, Schertz had 8 new players last season and they gelled on offense.

5 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Looks like we'll get 2 ISU starters tops plus Gibson. Not exactly the most accurate post.

But I am loving the other guys we are targeting. 

Thankfully we have a coach who knows how to coach.

40 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Thankfully we have a coach who knows how to coach.

Ya. We got Schertz. The rest of the guys I hope we get but I trust Schertz to get the right guys. Might not be as strong of a first year if we don't land Robbie and them but imo Schertz was the one who made those guys who they are.  

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Ya. We got Schertz. The rest of the guys I hope we get but I trust Schertz to get the right guys. Might not be as strong of a first year if we don't land Robbie and them but imo Schertz was the one who made those guys who they are.  

Very important point here.

Larry and Kent appear to be unrated coming out of HS.  Unrated as in no stars.  Not on anyone’s radar.  Both cashing out at Texas.

Avila was a 2 star center with minimal regional interest.  Now he’s a 4 star transfer and one of the best bigs in the country.

Conwell was a 3 star coming out - highest regarded of the bunch.

Even if we miss out on this cycle.  There will be plenty, plenty more.

stmdragons likes this