Transfers - 2024

ACE

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I am sure CJS reviewed some game tapes & got some recommendations from Tate.

I wonder if he had some individual 'come to Jesus' meetings with individuals and saying 'I see limited playing time for you for the upcoming season' ?

He may pretty much know who transferring in from ISU.

2 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

• Avila is 99% a Billiken
  • Expect 3-4 of ISU’s starters to be Billiken locks, with potential for more
  • Strong mutual desire for Gibson and Larry to stay and be strong parts of the rotation, with heavy playcalling revolving around Gibson
  • Strong interest in Turnbull (appears mutual)
  • Christian Nitu out of Canada looking very positive

ohhhh baby 

2 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

• Strong mutual desire for Gibson and Larry to stay and be strong parts of the rotation, with heavy playcalling revolving around Gibson

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

Dirty Schertz szn is upon us. 

Cook baby. 😈

8 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

Interested you mentioned Turnbull.  I watched him, when he was healthy.  He would be eligible for a Medical Redshirt Waiver due to his injury this past season.  So that would/could give him three more seasons.

Pretty good 3 point shooter - 45% in a small sample - can defend the rim, but not a very good post defender (in the Big East).  

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Interested you mentioned Turnbull.  I watched him, when he was healthy.  He would be eligible for a Medical Redshirt Waiver due to his injury this past season.  So that would/could give him three more seasons.

Pretty good 3 point shooter - 45% in a small sample - can defend the rim, but not a very good post defender (in the Big East).  

You’re probably mad he left butler

10 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Roster bits:

Oh doctor, FIRE ME UP!!!

laker119 likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I could not like your post, so I had to do it this way.  Agree with everything you said.  I don't think that Hughes is as good defensively as the MBM narrative.  That being said, I also think he's a better three point shooter than he showed last year.  I think he's staying, so my hope is that he buys fully into Schertz's system, stops taking bad shots, and becomes a much better player.  I've said it many time before, Hughes elite skill is three point shooting.  That is what he has shown since high school.  Yet, he has moments, many of them last season, where he thinks he needs to be his dad.  If he just lets the three point opportunities come to him, as they will under Schertz's offense, we will like the results a lot better next year.

My biggest fault with Jr was his careless passing and D lapses. He’s long enough to be better on D. 
And stop overlooking Curcic. I think he can be an asset in Schertz’s system. 

I think there's a ton of hype around the program right now and sometimes that can lead to wishful thinking by coaches but if even 60% of what was said by TheOne is true, we are the A10 favorites next year

12 minutes ago, laker119 said:

You’re probably mad he left butler

His skill set and the way he was being used (when he was healthy enough to play) didn't fit at Butler.  He does need to transfer down in my opinion.