Note: Billiken Coaches Show Debut 1/8/24

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Speaking of the on topic part of this thread, does the coach's show get archived? I'd like to listen to the women's feature from this past Monday.

Google is your friend.  Pretty easy to find stuff using it.

https://player.fm/series/sports-open-line-1511269/billikens-coaches-show-kyla-mcmakin-julia-martinez

49 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Can you at least play some D when you’re going up and down the court?

Defense was the only thing I could do before I got cut from high school basketball. Put the ball in my hand for anything other than a catch and shoot and that thing is getting turned over. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Defense was the only thing I could do before I got cut from high school basketball. Put the ball in my hand for anything other than a catch and shoot and that thing is getting turned over. 

I’m beginning to worry a little about you on the team.  We may have to nominate Old Guy in your place.

20 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Thought I would highlight this feature of the board

https://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?/topmembers/

My name isn’t there. These numbers are rigged.

On 1/17/2024 at 3:18 PM, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Speaking of the on topic part of this thread, does the coach's show get archived? I'd like to listen to the women's feature from this past Monday.

Also, add the Varsity app and use their “On demand” feature. All Billiken men’s and women’s games and the coach’s show are archived there. Can no longer count the times I’ve fallen asleep listening to Rammer and Earl only to be awakened by Rammer shouting, “That’s the worst call I’ve ever seen!!”

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Also, add the Varsity app and use their “On demand” feature. All Billiken men’s and women’s games and the coach’s show are archived there. Can no longer count the times I’ve fallen asleep listening to Rammer and Earl only to be awakened by Rammer shouting, “That’s the worst call I’ve ever seen!!”

-oh wow, thank you

-synching the radio to the tv broadcast illustrates that Rammer and Earl sometimes see plays totally different than how the camera shows it

billikenbill likes this

9 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

here I show up to Humps for a discussion on defensive fundamentals and this guy isn’t even going to be there!

Escaping scrutiny once again. 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Preview

- we're banged up

- need reps together

- the guys need to be better on offense

- bad refs against Dayton

- NIL makes it tough

Rammer throws softball after softball 

Dalger family issue can't disclose but really feel for the young man. Gotta do what's best for his family.

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Preview

- we're banged up

- need reps together

- the guys need to be better on offense

- bad refs against Dayton

- NIL makes it tough

Rammer throws softball after softball 

Does Rammer actually throw the softballs, or just place them on the T-ball T?

Will have to listen later I have something better to do tonight than listen to Berea's future coach give us excuses

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

—Parker had his best practice today

—Thames will get more minutes

—EZ passes well, likes EZ/Jimmer sharing ball together.

Decent show.

This is the first significant injury Parker has had and he thought he would be back, full load, in the same shape he left.  Parker had asked to sub out of the Dayton game, being gassed.  He was out for 2 1/2 months.  Getting into game shape and relearning the offense and defense has been the focus.  Good on both ends today.  "Give it to Sincere and let's go".

Brad basically did not play at LSU. Something like a total of 27 minutes. At Georgetown he was a sub, roll player, hold the line until the starter came back in. He played more than 20 min only 3 times. At SLU he was on the scout team and then bingo he was supposed to be a major player. This is totally new for him. He has never been the guy before.  Lots of talks between Brad and Coach getting his expectations to line up, and the staff is being patient with him.  Great passer for a big man.  He and Jimerson work the "Yo Yo Two" two man game.  Tried it 10 or 11 times against VCU, but VCU shut it down.

There is opportunity for Thames and Hughes getting more minutes with Dalger gone.  They can get their minutes in different ways.  Both have had injuries that have slowed them down. Thames is hitting 67% from the field and 52% from three.   Thames takes good shots, ones he can make.  (I’m guessing we will go to a 9 man rotation.  We shall see Wednesday.)

Typical Davidson team coming in.  Motion offense hasn't changed. As a team they are hitting 8 three pointers per game in conference play.  PG Huffman is averaging about 16 ppg in conference play. Their 5 shoots 5 threes per game. He has an inside-outside game.

VeniceMenace and DOC like this

1 hour ago, Cowboy II said:

-Davidson averages 8 3pa per game

-CFord used the line "those that are getting minutes"

-CFord said go be the best defender, rebounder, screener (I laughed at this, I laughed a lot) scorer and you'll get minutes

They make 8.3 3-pointers per game. They attempt 24.8 per game. Their .334 3-point shooting percentage is good for 208th in the nation. Not very good by Davidson standards.

CenHudDude likes this