Off Topic - All-Time Favorite Names Team

OkieBilliken

From Rhodey, a guy who’s never wrong:

Player: Allen III, RayBall, JimmyBilau, JosaphatBrown, TysonDubsky, ConnorEstevez, CamFoumena, Jeremy Fuchs, DavidGreen, DavidHouse, JadenKortright, LuisMontgomery, ZekSmith, JamesonStewart, RoryWeston, BrandonWright, Always  Go
Wright-Always-2023

5Always Wright

• Position

Guard
  • Height

6-3
  • Weight

• Class

Sophomore
  • Hometown

Carthage, Mo.
  • High School

Joplin (NE Oklahoma A&M)
OkieBilliken likes this

4 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

I was at a Division II Tournament on Sunday and came across a great entry in my all -time college basketball names team from Montana State-Billings.   Unfortunately, he did not play but he appeared to shoot right-handed in the shootaround???   

Screenshot 2023-12-19 102706.png

-great thread, thank you for starting!

-I can't do better than what's been posted but perhaps honorable mentions to Haley and Hanna

image.png.97e92ee262c78f3c0c7602b8a4546690.png

4 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

The Fly is open , let's go Peay.!  

Fly Williams -Austin Peay 

An oldie but a goodie

Fly Williams is a former Spirit of St. Louis in the ABA.  What a group of characters the Spirits had, led by Marvin Barnes, Maurice Lucas and Freddie Lewis.  Even Moses Malone and Caldwell Jones were Spirits.  Growing up, I listened to young Bob Costas call the action on KMOX and simulcast on TV.  There was nothing quite like seeing the Spirits of St. Louis play on TV at a near empty Mid-South Coliseum vs. the Memphis Tams or at a near empty Scope in Norfolk, VA vs. the Virginia Squires.

16 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Fly Williams is a former Spirit of St. Louis in the ABA.  What a group of characters the Spirits had, led by Marvin Barnes and Maurice Lucas.

You will recognize "I ain't getting on no time machine."  Classic line from Bad News

5 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

From Rhodey, a guy who’s never wrong:

Player: Allen III, RayBall, JimmyBilau, JosaphatBrown, TysonDubsky, ConnorEstevez, CamFoumena, Jeremy Fuchs, DavidGreen, DavidHouse, JadenKortright, LuisMontgomery, ZekSmith, JamesonStewart, RoryWeston, BrandonWright, Always  Go
Wright-Always-2023

5Always Wright

• Position

Guard
  • Height

6-3
  • Weight

• Class

Sophomore
  • Hometown

Carthage, Mo.
  • High School

Joplin (NE Oklahoma A&M)

He has a younger brother, All Wright. Also a standout hooper.

5 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Fly Williams is a former Spirit of St. Louis in the ABA.  What a group of characters the Spirits had, led by Marvin Barnes, Maurice Lucas and Freddie Lewis.  Even Moses Malone and Caldwell Jones were Spirits.  Growing up, I listened to young Bob Costas call the action on KMOX and simulcast on TV.  There was nothing quite like seeing the Spirits of St. Louis play on TV at a near empty Mid-South Coliseum vs. the Memphis Tams or at a near empty Scope in Norfolk, VA vs. the Virginia Squires.

was a blast when they played the Doc