TheA_Bomb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

We're all on edge. 

Indeed. Had my annual physical yesterday and my blood pressure was high so I have to go back again in 2 weeks to have it rechecked. I put 99% blame on the Billikens and 1% on my excessive drinking, lack of sleep, and marriage to salt.

Didn't we just hear a bunch of big boosters wanted Ahearn? Folks were losing their minds over it. I'm going with The One and take a pass on the so-called big boosters bs.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

What a surprise, thetorch posted complete and utter Bullsh!t 🙄

Hey detective remember when TheOne posted complete and utter bullsh*t about Dandridge and the washout from Army coming to play here?   Forgot about that one?  He/She is hardly infallible.  If he/she is who we think he/she is he's only telling us what his dad tells him.

I'm just sharing what I've heard.  When I have a conversation with a prominent booster, like I did this week, and he opens up the conversation with "Next year when Ahearn is the coach," it alarms me.  Add in to that a lot of internet chatter and rumors going around, with area sports media guys touting him and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.  

It alarms me because an Ahearn hire, while maybe not being terrible, is not the best we can do by far.  He should be 10th on the list, not a top candidate.  We've definitely contacted Ahearn at this point?  Have we contacted other available coaches like Mack or Holtmann who are better candidates by far?

Detective you typically only post in response to me.  Why don't you contribute something worthwhile to the discussion once in a while and prove you actually are an actual fan of the program and not just a troll.

AGB91 and TheA_Bomb like this

If they are operating this search correctly they should be very close to a deal with a new coach. Whether it's an official deal or a handshake deal, someone should be lined up by March 13th when our season ends. 

29 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If they are operating this search correctly they should be very close to a deal with a new coach. Whether it's an official deal or a handshake deal, someone should be lined up by March 13th when our season ends. 

well the deadline might go a couple of weeks later as we have to wait for indiana state's season to be over as well.  im all for ford being out 5 minutes after the last billiken game, but we got to wait for the new coach to formally be available after that.  

TheA_Bomb likes this

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

well the deadline might go a couple of weeks later as we have to wait for indiana state's season to be over as well.  im all for ford being out 5 minutes after the last billiken game, but we got to wait for the new coach to formally be available after that.  

Agree we have to wait until then to formally hire him but we should have a deal in place with him now so that if they make a run in March, the big boys can't swoop him up

billiken_roy likes this

37 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Agree we have to wait until then to formally hire him but we should have a deal in place with him now so that if they make a run in March, the big boys can't swoop him up

you mean can't Swope him up

15 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Indeed. Had my annual physical yesterday and my blood pressure was high so I have to go back again in 2 weeks to have it rechecked. I put 99% blame on the Billikens and 1% on my excessive drinking, lack of sleep, and marriage to salt.

Wonder how the biblical Lot felt? ;) 

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

Hey detective remember when TheOne posted complete and utter bullsh*t about Dandridge and the washout from Army coming to play here?   Forgot about that one?  He/She is hardly infallible.  If he/she is who we think he/she is he's only telling us what his dad tells him.

I'm just sharing what I've heard.  When I have a conversation with a prominent booster, like I did this week, and he opens up the conversation with "Next year when Ahearn is the coach," it alarms me.  Add in to that a lot of internet chatter and rumors going around, with area sports media guys touting him and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from.  

It alarms me because an Ahearn hire, while maybe not being terrible, is not the best we can do by far.  He should be 10th on the list, not a top candidate.  We've definitely contacted Ahearn at this point?  Have we contacted other available coaches like Mack or Holtmann who are better candidates by far?

Detective you typically only post in response to me.  Why don't you contribute something worthwhile to the discussion once in a while and prove you actually are an actual fan of the program and not just a troll.

Don’t doubt TheOne. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

You STL locals can and should show up to support Schertz and make some pitches to him at Arch Madness next week. 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

No coach high enough on SLU’s list to have an offer at this point is going to take the job at this point.  They are going to wait to see what actually opens up around the country.  Still a lot of big time jobs that may open up.  It isn’t even a SLU isn’t good enough thing.  You wait it out and you get more leverage for more money and other things you believe you need even if SLU is the job you want.

13 hours ago, thetorch said:

You make a definitive statement - get your BS called out by TheOne, THEN add a bunch of caveats including the ol' "internet chatter" defense - is this the same chatter you got your Yuri to K-State nonsense from? 😄 The Alex Jones of the board strikes again!

59 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Wonder how the biblical Lot felt? ;) 

No better way to start the weekend than with a bible quip!

Happy March 2024, everyone. In 15 years or so, we hope to reflect on March 2024 as the period when MBB's journey towards becoming a national powerhouse began.

CenHudDude likes this

On 3/1/2024 at 8:36 AM, ACE said:

You make a definitive statement - get your BS called out by TheOne, THEN add a bunch of caveats including the ol' "internet chatter" defense - is this the same chatter you got your Yuri to K-State nonsense from? 😄 The Alex Jones of the board strikes again!

Look up the definition of definitive. Then look at what I posted. Not the same.