GDT: SLU v. Dartmouth

SluSignGuy

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Jimerson brings nothing. OK he can occasionally make a layup.

right.   23 points 5 boards 1 assist 1 steal and a great post defense play on Dartmouth's last possession.   Billikens have issues but Jimerson is the least of our problems 

I want regime change but I want SLU to win. What I want has no bearing on the actual outcome of games.  But for someone in my position SLU winning in this manner is about the best you can hope for to show that we need a change.

stmdragons likes this

1 minute ago, Dr Bird said:

right.   23 points 5 boards 1 assist 1 steal and a great post defense play on Dartmouth's last possession.   Billikens have issues but Jimerson is the least of our problems 

It's just frustration. Jimerson is a good college player but it's tough when your surrounding cast and the coaching is so bad.

2 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

Jimerson and Bruce aren't the problem here.

Dalger sucks. We are way too short. I have no idea why Ford is making some of these recruiting choices. This season was lost before it ever started with these personnel decisions.

Just now, thetorch said:

If this and SIUE game don't tye minds of the pro Ford faction nothing will. This was Crews level coaching tonight. Ford must go.

The first couple games we looked like we were going to at least play with intensity and I was pleasantly surprised.  

If this run the half court weave sh it is gonna be a regular thing when we have no half court talent then ya.  Just Roll with Harriman.

Ford could have easily lost the team tonight if that open Dartmouth 3 went down. 

Bizziken likes this

8 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

He had good numbers but 6-18 and 1-5 is not super helpful. 
But you are right, he is the least of my worries.

Eff it. Fire Ford now. Let Harriman run the team for the rest of the season. We run no O that I can see. And D is non existent, especially from the perimeter. What do they work on in practice? I’m sick of bad hoops. I really think we have some talent. What we don’t have is a coach. 

gabriel likes this

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

I cannot understand why Medley is here. He's 5 foot something and doesn't really shoot that well. Why?

Medley is as big as yuri and faster.   

TRN, AGB91 and OkieBilliken like this

It’s not hard. 

either play a fast 40 minutes, or play Bruce as much as possible.

Playing THJ at the 5 is NOT working. At all. The only way to offset it, playing fast. When we played fast, We looked good. Problem? Ford said nah, don’t like that we look ok. 

other teams play different when Bruce is on. Bruce doesn’t look great, i agree. But with him in we can play without giving and sorting about weak side help. We have that up all night tonight - outside of when Bruce was in 

CenHudDude and billiken_roy like this

13 minutes ago, Soderball said:

This is a ridiculous statement Roy and you know it.

We can come back to this after Medley graduates if you want.

Why is it ridiculous?   Both aspects are true.   I understand you enjoyed the selfish showoff passes I'll take the lesser turnovers 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It’s not hard. 

either play a fast 40 minutes, or play Bruce as much as possible.

Playing THJ at the 5 is NOT working. At all. The only way to offset it, playing fast. When we played fast, We looked good. Problem? Ford said nah, don’t like that we look ok. 

other teams play different when Bruce is on. Bruce doesn’t look great, i agree. But with him in we can play without giving and sorting about weak side help. We have that up all night tonight - outside of when Bruce was in 

That shot he took was so bad it had to be dealt with somehow. The problem with Bruce(who is not the problem) is that he makes just bizarre decisions sometimes.

Just now, Soderball said:

That shot he took was so bad it had to be dealt with somehow. The problem with Bruce(who is not the problem) is that he makes just bizarre decisions sometimes.

It was bad. Absolutely. But punishment should not be putting in a guy getting torched for the next 30 min 

Soderball likes this