GDT: SLU v. Southern Indiana

SluSignGuy

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have assumed any dude who had played 5 seasons and turns 25 before the season would be ready to move on, but with NIL and seeing the number of players who are 5+ years out of high school still playing I have been proven to be very wrong. Look at some of the college quarterbacks playing this Saturday?

18 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I would have assumed any dude who had played 5 seasons and turns 25 before the season would be ready to move on, but with NIL and seeing the number of players who are 5+ years out of high school still playing I have been proven to be very wrong. Look at some of the college quarterbacks playing this Saturday?

Eu2aVouUYAEyqlj.jpg

3 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

First game of the season and we already have a contender for dumbest take of the year!

It's a 100% correct take.  Jimerson has missed nearly 60% of his career attempts.  He DOES miss a lot (340 career missed 3 pointers and counting).

For an alleged great hitter Ted William sure did NOT get hits in a lot of his at bats.

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It's a 100% correct take.  Jimerson has missed nearly 60% of his career attempts.  He DOES miss a lot (340 career missed 3 pointers and counting).

For an alleged great hitter Ted William sure did NOT get hits in a lot of his at bats.

And can you believe that he only played 31 games COMBINED his first two years?! UNRELIABLE!!!

I watched the home opener last night on Bally Sports Midwest, the whole game.  What an entertaining, enjoyable game that was.  There was no stress and no doubt.  I knew SLU was the better team and was going to win, which SLU did.

How about TJ Hargrove, SLU's Rock Star/Skywalker- 27 points, 15 rebounds.  TJ had a Double-Double in the first half.  It was so good to see TJ have such a monster game.  I've always known TJ had it in him.  

I really like SLU's Top 8.  While I realize getting the Center eligible would be good, going small can win- See Golden State Warriors (our hometown Dubs).  The Billikens can be the A10 version of the Dubs.

Kudos to all concerned from the Left Coast.
gabriel likes this

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Not to mention that in 10,972 at bats, Stan Musial only got 3,630 hits! 

6 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Watched the game tape this morning.  Highmark had an interesting comment.  He had asked Jimerson about the possibility of coming back for a 6th year.  Jimerson responded "It's not out of the question" which I took to mean he would/is considering it.  Highmark added that Jimerson could become the all time leading scorer if he returns. (There is an outside chance he could get to the top this season, but he would have to average about 20 ppg.  It looks like we have had only 9 Billikens average over 20 ppg in a single season, so he would be #10.)

Yes, I'm bumping my own post, because I belatedly remembered that Jimerson and Hargrove were featured in a clothing commercial during the game.  I have already erased the tape and I don't recall the company, but both were shown in sports coats / suits.  Both are receiving some measure of NIL exposure.

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes, I'm bumping my own post, because I belatedly remembered that Jimerson and Hargrove were featured in a clothing commercial during the game.  I have already erased the tape and I don't recall the company, but both were shown in sports coats / suits.  Both are receiving some measure of NIL exposure.

I believe the name of the company is Mister Guy. 

HoosierPal and SLU_Lax like this

21 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Couple of close ones in there though, on cupcake Monday.. 😳

LaSalle hangs on to take down Drexel, 67-61 so Pow!! The Explorers have 5 decent starters and no bench at all. Another long year in the Gola.

6 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

You boys are catching on. 3-10 from the floor, 1-5 from the arc, seven misses all bricks, watch the games boys and learn.

-I am going to try to notice if the floor issues are more for us than our oppenents as we have too many 

-when Gibson got hooked in the first half the interactions with him and the staff was something I had not seen from him but he did go back in the game before the half ended

-we give up too many open 3's

-LH2 has a green light to shoot whenever and I endorse this 

-6 turnovers, let's keep that going 

-TJH you keep that going, too, you showed us what you can do

-we got some serious home cooking from the refs, that doesn't happen a lot for us

-I wonder how many free tickets were distributed

12 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I am going to try to notice if the floor issues are more for us than our oppenents as we have too many 

-when Gibson got hooked in the first half the interactions with him and the staff was something I had not seen from him but he did go back in the game before the half ended

-we give up too many open 3's

-LH2 has a green light to shoot whenever and I endorse this 

-6 turnovers, let's keep that going 

-TJH you keep that going, too, you showed us what you can do

-we got some serious home cooking from the refs, that doesn't happen a lot for us

-I wonder how many free tickets were distributed

So many open 3s that a good team would hit…more concerned about that than the big man situation. Good coaches will craft game plans to shreds SLU from 3.

7 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You actually doubled down... Hope you watched the game Wednesday.

Oh yeah. GibJim was on fire. Good to see.